The Predictions Game ......

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

The Predictions Game ......

Post by tomogull »

As someone has posted, avoiding relegation is still in our hands. Dave Thomas included the remaining fixtures for Sutton, Braintree, Maidstone, Woking, Torquay, York, North Ferriby and Southport. I'm not sure they are 100% correct because he managed to omit Torquay's away match at Lincoln for example. Anyway, as it's been yet another wet day, I have 'guesstimated' the results for the remaning games and have come up with a final table of Maidstone, North Ferriby and Southport relegated and York and the Gulls both on 50 points. At present, we have a better goal difference of 7 but that can soon be whittled away of course.

I think Sutton are safe because they already have 45 points and are home to both North Ferriby (tomorrow) and Southport so that reduces those in the dog fight to 7 teams. You'd think Braintree were also safe with 45 points at present but they've got a tricky run in, starting with an away trip to Tranmere tomorrow. York are on a bit of a recovery but if they, say, beat Braintree (home) or Woking (away), it drags both of them down to the 50 points total on my reckoning.

Maidstone's final three games are Forest Green (away), Lincoln (home) and Tranmere (home). You wouldn't expect them to get much from those games, but if Lincoln are already promoted by then, and Forest Green and Tranmere safely in the play-offs, they could well take their foot off the pedal or rest players before the play offs. And York are home to Forest Green on the last day of the season so the same could apply.

Macclesfield have to play five of the eight teams and Chester four. Macclesfield have games in hand and could get into the play offs so they will be going flat out for points, but they have to play 11 games between now and the end of the season which is a big ask.

My predictions start with draws at Wrexham and Solihull for the Gulls and a defeat for York at Dagenham tomorrow. Squeaky bum time is here again ............. :scarf:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/nat ... e/fixtures

doomed! i honestly cant see us getting more than two draws in our five away games, so that leaves us with the three home games, which, in theory should all be winnable, but given the fact we've got 1 point from our last four, i really doubt we'll win more than two of them, if that? so we're relying on some teams getting less points than us, i'll go for two wins and two draws, so eight points, we're two behind the team above us, it looks worse to me than we've ever been as the team seem bereft of confidence, ability and desire
still keeping the faith
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southport are down, North Ferriby are down and York are down. York are absolutely awful despite a recent upturn in results. They had one shot on target at Lincoln in the trophy 2nd leg and got through via a dodgy pen. They let 3 in at home against Southport although they did win.

The upshot is they always concede and as I've said all season, they're a basket case club and will go down and out of business when the massively overdue planned new stadium doesn't get built and the chairman pulls out to focus on his packaging business.

There is one spot left then so over to the mighty Gulls to make sure it isn't them. Although staying up will bring little relief from the GI mob.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Well, the only silver lining is that it's stil (somehow) in our own hands.
Think that it will be harder than last season though.....
I think the best we can hope for is that it comes down to the last game home to North Ferriby....
And then I hope we don't do a Halifax...... :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

So, is it now mathematically impossible for us to reach the playoffs? ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 25 Mar 2017, 11:05 So, is it now mathematically impossible for us to reach the playoffs? ;-)
Just about Scotty. :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Beam him up!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

nickbrod wrote: 25 Mar 2017, 13:30Beam him up!
:rofl:

Absolute gold.

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

First time I've heard that one.... ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Takes my mind off football ... for a nano second!