Let's Save Our Club!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Neal wrote: 25 Mar 2017, 14:01 you obviously know about minimum pitch requirements, more than I do, but I find your postings quite negative. No one said it would be easy, and you might be right, impossible, BUT at this point IF we have no club, what do you advise, just give up. I personally think the journey would be exciting. The 2700 Hereford fans who attend their games obviously think that way.

We might have to ground share with Truro, ah they aint got one either, oooooh perhaps we can build a new one halfway in Plymuff :) and share it. Joking before anyone gets on their high horse!!!!

Rugby club?
They play egg chasing there sunshine...... :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Why look for a new ground until we definitely know that Plaimoor is in the hands of Osborne.

If he can not have the ground, all we need to do is starve him from any funds. Then, when he is financially weak and there is enough money in the TUST funds, it will be time to buy him out.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Gullscorer wrote: 25 Mar 2017, 14:13 Crowdfunding?

Appeal to the world wide football community, ask for a tenner. If it were published in the right manner the funding could possibly be a massive boost for the TUST

:goodpost:
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Neal wrote: 25 Mar 2017, 14:01 you obviously know about minimum pitch requirements, more than I do, but I find your postings quite negative. No one said it would be easy, and you might be right, impossible, BUT at this point IF we have no club, what do you advise, just give up. I personally think the journey would be exciting. The 2700 Hereford fans who attend their games obviously think that way.
Rugby club?
Sorry mate, I really wasn't trying to deliberately negative. I am merely trying point out some of the potential pitfalls of trying to re-launch the club before some see it as an easy solution, although agreed no one said it would be.

For a start FC Torquay would have to apply to join a league set up, whether that be Southern/Western/peninsula, there is no guarantee the club would be excepted in any of these, although I am sure the club would be.

What would I advise. Now, today, with the situation that now presents itself, Plainmoor must NOT be allowed to fall into the hands of G.I, I am not against starting again, agree think I would enjoy it.

But, all I am trying to say here, it can only happen coupled with Plainmoor football ground, with out Plainmoor forget it, just me being honest, forget dreams of sharing with Buckland, or moving into some school, the Rugby, not sure, we couldn't rule it out, not sure what state of pitch we have to play on though.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

the Torbay public don't give a Toss
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Zippy wrote: 25 Mar 2017, 18:57 the Torbay public don't give a Toss
(8) Are you harrop, are you harrop.. ARE YOU HARROP IN DISGUISE?! (8)

Jesus, your last 3 posts just sum up the negativity that is not needed or wanted, go eat more cake Geoff... :lol:
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

ha!
timmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Loram

Post by timmax »

If TUST do need to raise substancial funds quickly then gofundme could be an option as Leyton Orient supporters have had pledges of over 110k in a few weeks so maybe something to consider for the future.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

timmax wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 01:23 If TUST do need to raise substancial funds quickly then gofundme could be an option as Leyton Orient supporters have had pledges of over 110k in a few weeks so maybe something to consider for the future.
Maybe hit the nail on the head. All TUST members pay £2 a month, and sometimes query why. But when the shit hits the fan, and let's face it, it's not far off, would you donate more to save the club
Lucy
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Orient fans number far more than our lot do and there are likely to be more wealthy fans there to contribute. I have grave doubts we could raise enough .
Having said that i have already started to try and engage the football community at large. a video blog by Adam Thurston (who incidentally did our match at FGR on New Years day) has been contacted to see if he will put something up and maube cover a match where we are going to hold a protest. lets see if he replies. ( I had to do it through a reply on his video blog for FGR as i do not have an email addy
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Great idea!

Try and engage the wider football community to save a football club, which I think is widely accepted as a friendly, nice place to come to and watch your team.

Im sure we would get a lot of sympathy and financial help to save a club from developers!

LETS DO IT!!
TUST MEMBER
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Mo Gull »

As with every time we're in trouble, there are a cluster of Plymouth and Exeter fans who always support us - usually in coming to our games when we need the money.

They'd be the obvious fans to contact to raise the profile. They'd also be the easiest to get to attend a demonstration or protest, and, if nothing else, it actually speaks volumes about how the clubs actually feel about each other, i.e. they want each other to exist.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Would a protest march work? Meet at a certain place (perhaps Babbacombe Downs) and walk over to the ground. Obviously it was a different thing but I always remember marching to Wembley with about 150 other Gulls. Banners, flags, a drum and a large number would turn heads.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Or would it only serve to further emphasise how few people actually do care enough about the club to get out and protest?

In my experience, private lobbying of individuals has always ridden roughshod over legitimate lobbying of the representatives of the electorate in Torbay and this stand out case won't be any different than any other.

Many years ago the club's Commercial Dept had a gargantuan task on it's hands getting local authority approval to site the many little lottery ticket kiosks it had dotted around the bay maximising the spending power of the tourist trade; being allowed to play Sunday football at the ground and also utilising it for alternative revenue streams such as car boot sales, flea markets, target golf and antique fairs.

The club 'won' on all fronts because the chairman of the day (Tony Boyce) had the contacts and ear of the local councillors as did a few other key club directors and it was in the lounges of the local Conservative clubs that the business was done; not in the council chamber I can tell you and I'm telling you now this is how it will be with Mayor Gordon Oliver this time round and Clarke Osborne will be well aware of that after a near lifetime in the business of getting what he needs from local authorities.

So some spotty oiks with a tatty banner chanting away in potentially embarrassing minority at the next few home games will only make a laughing stock of the argument and further emphasise the overwhelming minority interest in professional football within the local community. People like Gordon Oliver and Clarke Osborne care not what the local spudjackets think, but unfortunately it's not remotely within their grasp that a good relationship with as many councillors and council officials is what can sway a very uneven playing field our way in the battle for Plainmoor.