Let's Save Our Club!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Pikey_Gull
New Signing
New Signing

Let's Save Our Club!

Post by Pikey_Gull »

Well, we all know the intentions from our now malevolent owners. I have been very critical of Kevin and the team this season and I believe it has been justified as it's the worst team in TUFC's history, but now it has to STOP!

No more moaning about the team. It's all we have left now. We need to turn our attention to getting these owners out of our club while we still have a club to save. All the stories of GI's past operations have been well documented and I was willing to give them a chance to show their hand.

Well, it's now been shown. They have NO interest in the football club only the grass that we play on.

We have to rally round and protest and expose their agenda to the wider audience of the local & football community.

The TUST need to come out with a rallying cry. The Herald Express (Devon Live or whatever it is now) need to come out of their slumber and do some proper investigative journalism instead of their current cardigan and biscuits cosying up to the club to the old boys club.

We need to make sure Torbay Council do not let GI get a foot in the door with purchasing the Freehold - all the talk of lease renegotiations is a shame. It's been discussed in the council corridors for months and months.

So let all get together as fans let's get organised and fight to keep this club alive while there is still a few thousand fans left who care.

There are only a few home games left to make GI feel very uncomfortable as I fear we won't be around once we get into the post season summer months.

Let's save our club
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

:goodpost:
Pikey_Gull wrote: 23 Mar 2017, 18:32 Well, we all know the intentions from our now malevolent owners. I have been very critical of Kevin and the team this season and I believe it has been justified as it's the worst team in TUFC's history, but now it has to STOP!

No more moaning about the team. It's all we have left now. We need to turn our attention to getting these owners out of our club while we still have a club to save. All the stories of GI's past operations have been well documented and I was willing to give them a chance to show their hand.

Well, it's now been shown. They have NO interest in the football club only the grass that we play on.

We have to rally round and protest and expose their agenda to the wider audience of the local & football community.

The TUST need to come out with a rallying cry. The Herald Express (Devon Live or whatever it is now) need to come out of their slumber and do some proper investigative journalism instead of their current cardigan and biscuits cosying up to the club to the old boys club.

We need to make sure Torbay Council do not let GI get a foot in the door with purchasing the Freehold - all the talk of lease renegotiations is a shame. It's been discussed in the council corridors for months and months.

So let all get together as fans let's get organised and fight to keep this club alive while there is still a few thousand fans left who care.

There are only a few home games left to make GI feel very uncomfortable as I fear we won't be around once we get into the post season summer months.

Let's save our club
3 homes to organise a Pre or Post match demonstration
before we all leave in droves!
Invite the media and ensure the local councillors are fully aware of our new owners intention!

It's time for action!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

I have to agree, we have to give Nicho our full support for the remaining games

I have to say as a TUST paying member its time for them to do something!
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Not sure it has to be pre or post match.

Mid match would have maximum impact.
Pikey_Gull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Pikey_Gull »

I suggest we fill up that family stand. They get an easy ride as they sit away from the most vocal fans bar the 6 or so who sit in front of the director's box. We could certainly make our feeling known. And nothing better than doing right in their faces, not from afar on the Popside.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

great idea, we need to do this
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Pikey_Gull wrote: 23 Mar 2017, 18:50 I suggest we fill up that family stand. They get an easy ride as they sit away from the most vocal fans bar the 6 or so who sit in front of the director's box. We could certainly make our feeling known. And nothing better than doing right in their faces, not from afar on the Popside.
:goodpost:
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

While Popsiders can go into the bar and protest inside...
Pikey_Gull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Pikey_Gull »

I'm suggesting Popsiders like myself make an organised effort to take in one game from the family stand and let our feeling known. Let's hold them to account. There has been no local board appointed, no fans forum, no money for players. It's time to let them know we won't be the pushovers that they think we are.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

All fans need to come together on this one and do whatever it takes to get our club back. Both forums, the TUST everybody who cares about this club needs to unite and be as one.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Pikey_Gull wrote: 23 Mar 2017, 18:50 I suggest we fill up that family stand. They get an easy ride as they sit away from the most vocal fans bar the 6 or so who sit in front of the director's box. We could certainly make our feeling known. And nothing better than doing right in their faces, not from afar on the Popside.
As one of the 6 about whom you are referring, I did confront Clarke Osborne after Tuesday's game about GI's running of the club but he declined to respond but I made my feelings known!
I've sat in that seat for the best part of the last 25 years and I can recall dire matches after which Mike Bateson bravely stood in the Directors' Box with his arms folded taking the flak, and politely answering it, from disgruntled fans as they walked past.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Last edited by Yorkieandy on 23 Mar 2017, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

The filling family stand and venting is a great idea. However, what would it achieve at this late stage, and do people honestly thing GI would give a toss what is said. They would have done and got what they wanted.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Great postings...can't agree more get behind kev...there is no doubt he does actually care...put yourself in his shoes.

We must now protest before its too late...I rather rise from the ashes than die slowly with this venom shoving us into a comfortable corner where we pander to there needs. I'm disgusted by them very much so.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Agree about the family Stand idea, GI have had an easy ride so far and need to know that fans arent going to stand for it