Let's Save Our Club!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Yes; especially as the abusive one was full of praise for a manager that the owners are going to sack once the season is over and tried to stab in the back last week.

Now Noble is silent all of a sudden ~ I wonder why?
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Rjc70 wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 18:49 Excellent. Who did you offer this to?
I posted on here & emailed the Trust.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

standupsitdown wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 21:56

I posted on here & emailed the Trust.
A leaflet drop for all remaining games would hammer home the discontent we are feeling towards the ambitions and inactions of Osborne and Harrop.

When the season has finished and the supporters walk away for the summer all impetus will have been lost along with the Club!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

The most important person in all this fiasco is the mayor. You can forget your leaflets at the ground because we know things are bad. The mayor is the one you need to inform and even better turn up every one of his public functions with a Torquay scarf and politely inform him NOT to give away the freehold of the ground. If the club go in admin and the council hold the freehold there is a chance for the club to rise again with Plainmoor. GI want the freehold as leverage to build homes on council owned park land make millions and with the spare cash maybe build a stadium. If they don't get their way they can sell the freehold to themselves (ie another company) and charge us rent forever. A trick done up and down the country
The problem is that GI have already not kept promises. The obvious one being when Nico was not give given the money to bring in more players.
If people are serious about protesting then follow the mayor around the bay and tell him your views. If people don't bother then you can't complain online.
If GI build a stadium give them the freehold but not until them. The rumours that the mayor like GI more than TUFC which is why they did not need to splash the cash in the transfer market.
The Mayor will be making a public decision about the disposal of the Plainmoor freehold at a (Policy, Development & Decision Group) meeting planned for April 26
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

midtable's post is spot on and the only way to go in my opinion........like Tony Boyce's view of the most important factor for any manager of a small club being 'contacts, contacts, contacts'; the same applies here and wasting resources/fire power in the wrong direction only dilutes the argument not strengthens it.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

midtable wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 22:31 The most important person in all this fiasco is the mayor. You can forget your leaflets at the ground because we know things are bad.
A big chunk of the casual fans don't know, that's one of the issues. You need to get them aware of the situation and agitating to provide the backing to force the Mayor into action. There are a number of well connected local people within the fanbase that could place pressure on the Mayor if they were informed/pushed into action by the greater fanbase, who may be wary of sticking their head above the parapets on their own.
timmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Loram

Post by timmax »

We need to get planning and get organised as a group for every possible outcome. We have TUST but do they have anything planned? Set up a meeting and lets get organised. We have to presume that the Mayor will be flogging the freehold and GI probably know. TUST, set up a meeting before the Council meet on April 26th.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

standupsitdown wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 21:56 I posted on here & emailed the Trust.
Fair play to you.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

midtable wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 22:31 The most important person in all this fiasco is the mayor. You can forget your leaflets at the ground because we know things are bad. The mayor is the one you need to inform and even better turn up every one of his public functions with a Torquay scarf and politely inform him NOT to give away the freehold of the ground. If the club go in admin and the council hold the freehold there is a chance for the club to rise again with Plainmoor. GI want the freehold as leverage to build homes on council owned park land make millions and with the spare cash maybe build a stadium. If they don't get their way they can sell the freehold to themselves (ie another company) and charge us rent forever. A trick done up and down the country
The problem is that GI have already not kept promises. The obvious one being when Nico was not give given the money to bring in more players.
If people are serious about protesting then follow the mayor around the bay and tell him your views. If people don't bother then you can't complain online.
If GI build a stadium give them the freehold but not until them. The rumours that the mayor like GI more than TUFC which is why they did not need to splash the cash in the transfer market.
The Mayor will be making a public decision about the disposal of the Plainmoor freehold at a (Policy, Development & Decision Group) meeting planned for April 26
I would agree, putting pressure on the Mayor would seem to be the best use of any Fanbased resources we might have.

However there needs to be active local members who are willing to help in this action. If we are looking for local help where better than the Fans who actually care about TUFC.

Therefore I return to a leaflet drop, at the ground where all minds are focused. The leaflet should inform us all of what is known to be true, what is very likely to happen and what we should/ can all do to prevent it.

You probably need 100 - 200 active members to follow the Mayor round to make it newsworthy . If only 5% turn up the target message audience needs to be between 2000 - 4000 local people.

Unfortunately our Forums do not reach that kind of target audience. Therefore the net needs to be widened in order to catch the activists.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I think we should be inviting the Mayor to a meeting to put over our view of the situation as he can take the situation into his own hands and it will be to late.
Wraysburygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Welsh

Post by Wraysburygull »

Someone kindly listed various councillors etc but I can't find the thread . If anyone can point me in the right direction, I will do what I can from here(London exile)
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

It would be good if the Mayor and fellow Councillors were to attend on Saturday. Not sat in the Directors box but amongst the fans. Only then will they get to understand how important our club is to the various sections of the community that attend Plainmoor regularly.

Can someone put contact details for the councillors involved on here ASAP so i can contact them individually.

A little bit of corporate hospitality from us all on the popside would be an excellent idea.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I agree that a leaflet drop could be a good thing as raising awareness amongst the fan base at large can only help our cause. Could this not be combined however with an effort to put pressure on Gordon Oliver? On one side of the flyer you could have a brief explanation of the seriousness of the situation/ GIs intentions for information purposes, and on the other side his address (maybe even his home address) with a simple printed message such as "Dear Mayor Oliver, Please save our club." as well as a space for the senders name and stamp. Just an idea.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

brooker wrote: 29 Mar 2017, 13:31 I agree that a leaflet drop could be a good thing as raising awareness amongst the fan base at large can only help our cause. Could this not be combined however with an effort to put pressure on Gordon Oliver? On one side of the flyer you could have a brief explanation of the seriousness of the situation/ GIs intentions for information purposes, and on the other side his address (maybe even his home address) with a simple printed message such as "Dear Mayor Oliver, Please save our club." as well as a space for the senders name and stamp. Just an idea.
If I was the mayor nothing would piss me off more or be more likely to make me act against the fans interest then having my home address printed on a leaflet.
We will not save this football club by making the issue personal.