Is a new Stadium financially viable?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

AFC Flyde  were a Pub Team in the West Lancashire League  (7th tier) in 2007and now are odds on favourites to win promotion into the Conference Premier being  9 points clear with 5 games to go.    Back in 2007, Flyde set a goal to become a league side by 2022  and next season will be one step closer when they move  into their new  6,000-capacity Mill Farm stadium.

Torquay on the other hand are being geared up to be relegated into the Conference South with the new owners aim for the Gulls to become a Evo-Stick  Division 1 South & West side by 2022, just in time to lay the foundations for the first houses on the hallow ground of Plainmoor.  

You can now see why GI want to build a new stadium or is that an elephant in the room!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Please bare with me, this is meant for discussion.

Ok I asked what the club was paying for an annual rent awhile ago, someone replied and said they thought it was £16000.

So this figure could be wrong, but lets take it as an example.

To earn that in a savings account today with rates of approx 1%, can be slightly more I know depending on fixed etc, you would
have to invest £1600000

If you wanted to get investors to invest at say for example an interest rate of 2% pa on their investment, which is good at todays rates then you would need to have to have a total of £800000.

Even non football fans, just investors might be happy with that.

So someone / us/ TUST whoever could crowdfund this so we could buy the ground for say £800000 and then pay the
investors 2% pa

Expect the normal negative responses.
TUST MEMBER
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

....or offer bonds that will be attractive to non emotional participants as well such as in the manner that the board of Aldershot Town did when they took the club out of administration in 2013. They professionally marketed their's and it has been a success.