GI the Death of TUFC as we know it

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I felt sick reading the above comments. I know through personal experience that property developers are heartless bastards, and the information about the treatment of Nico is not a real surprise to me with this knowledge. I feel it is the end now, all fans can do is try to stop GI making money on the sale of Plainmoor, which will be difficult. A plague on the bastards involved, I wish them nothing but unhappiness and illness.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Not sure of the significance of this but the indoor bowls club underneath the pop side have just signed a 10 year lease with Torbay Council for continued use of the facility.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

The HE podcast this week still will not recognize that GI have no intention of investing in the team.
Nicho is making no signings as all his targets have fallen through or the funds that were available have been withdrawn.
Also GI have only been in charge for 3 months and are doing their best to keep a club making a loss and heading for administration in business.
FUNDS WERE NEVER AVAILABLE.
FFS GI ONLY WANT OUR TEAM TO DIE.
Grow a pair and start putting the boot into GI and stop peddling the wishy-washy crap that they must be loving.
Whats the worst that could happen?
The HE banned from the ground?
We wouldn't notice any difference!!
GI F**K OFF
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Coming to the Vue and Central Cinema soon!
Attachments
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.jpg
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

samuel wrote: 24 Mar 2017, 13:08 Not sure of the significance of this but the indoor bowls club underneath the pop side have just signed a 10 year lease with Torbay Council for continued use of the facility.
Hmmm ..... that's interesting and puts a different slant on things. However, I suspect there will be some sort of get-out clause in the lease somewhere. The trouble is, GI have the club by the short and curlies. They want the freehold of Plainmoor with a promise that a new stadium will be built on the former rubbish tip at The Willows, but it will never materialise due to 'unforeseen circumstances' (a la Truro) and I'm certain there will be plenty of those on the planned site. Then it has been posted on here somewhere that if the Council refuses to sell the freehold to them, they will walk away from the club. What happens then? We were told that there were no other serious buyers when GI bought the club, so the only foreseeable route would be liquidation.

Personally, I wouldn't like to see the club go under because it would mean that there would be absolutely no chance of me seeing league football in the Bay again. But a Phoenix club is not the end of the world and whilst Darlington and Scarborough have been mentioned as examples, I would point to Hereford FC. Now top of the Southern league, they have just negotiated a 5 year lease on the Edgar Street ground with Hereford Council. I tried to find out on the internet what sort of gates they are getting, but didn't manage it. I'm sure it's there somewhere ! So a phoenix club might in the end be the only way forward ....... BUT it has to have the right person(s) at the helm.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I think I heard somewhere about Hereford's gates being higher now than when they were in League 2! Ah found it, average attendance this year of 2,720! Caused a bit of trouble on their travels as well, most recently at Bideford.

http://www.herefordfc.co.uk/home-attendances/
Iron gull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Iron gull »

When they bought Bristol Rovers stadium in Eastgate, under the guise of Bristol Stadium PLC, they evicted the club for not paying the rent. Its an IKEA now.
Bristol Rovers played in Bath for 10 years after. Same story here. If we're relegated with games to spare, the bulldozers will probably begin work before the end of the season.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Another post from the yellow army. Not good

There is loads of stuff coming out now from people inside the club. Asking around everyone I know up there I have been told the following in the last 12 hours:

Turns out that last year, in the middle of that miracle, Harrop approached in person 2 main players in the team, told them that when GI took over Kev was out, he was in charge, and even started telling them what he could pay them. Players went directly to Kev, both players no longer here. When we stayed up last year, Kev was under the impression that was over for him, but he talked the old board into never selling to GI.

The delay in Kev signing his contract in the off season was because he knew that if GI came in he was dead. He had offers from 3 other teams, but turned them down as he was promised by previous board GI would not ever get into the club.

When the old board gave the club to GI he knew he was finished but said he would never quit no matter what they did to him. GI then tried to use him to gain favour with fans and trick the council into selling, lied to him about wanting to help him, giving him money etc, but never followed through, the whole time Harrop slagging him off to agents behind his back, even going as far as offering his job to other managers.

Players have known since December that the owners want them relegated, that Kev is going to be sacked and that the club has not future!!!

Keifer Moore deal was agreed, club pulled it at last minute. Kev knew from November Bliss was off, wanted Keifer to replace him and partner with Harrad.

Various other players have been set up, including Pipe at Newport, Fitzpatrick coming back, but the club has never let him sign anyone, even though he has made a profit of about £150k on players this year, plus the sell on clause we have for Gus, unless they have cashed that in already?

I didn’t know but the coach travel again broke down for the Bromley game, Kev drove players up in his own car, players were told not to let anyone know about it???

Don’t know if this part is true or not, but apparently this week Harrop tried to blackmail Kev into taking a smaller payout on his contract when they sack him after the season in return for the promise of letting him sign some players. That sounds too farfetched even for this lot but that is coming from someone in the offices who swears that it happened?

They also told me that GI and Harrop are now running scared of losing the land and are thinking about some sort of “gesture of intent” to again make it look like they are going to follow through on promises.

Apparently they have offered the job to loads of other managers, none of which want it, all of which KEv knows about as these managers speak to him and tell him about it!!!

Couldn’t write this stuff, it is so unbelievable that maybe there is some truth to some of it!!!

I am sure those working inside the club are bound by contracts on confidentiality, but if people who have been on the inside know any of this to be true then they need to get it out into the public domain. What about the previous board, or the secretary who left in shady circumstances? They must know what the truth is, must be a way they can confirm what the hell is going on???

We have been in a bad state before as a club, but this seems like far worse than ever before. They are the owners now, they can do what they want. Seems as if the best case scenario is no land deal to build their houses and the club folds only to be restarted again??? Crazy.
Lucy
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I've posted before about Bristol Rovers losing their ground and sadly unless action is taken by the council we
will not have a club in a couple of seasons.

There seems to be a split between Tust and supporters we need to be united are we going to wait and watch the club slip away. Ask yourself has the club got better since the take over. The plug has been pulled who's going to reach out and put it back in to give us a chance. :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

arcadia wrote: 24 Mar 2017, 19:16 I've posted before about Bristol Rovers losing their ground and sadly unless action is taken by the council we
will not have a club in a couple of seasons.

There seems to be a split between Tust and supporters we need to be united are we going to wait and watch the club slip away. Ask yourself has the club got better since the take over. The plug has been pulled who's going to reach out and put it back in to give us a chance. :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
I'm a TUST member, I used to get numerous emails about the running of the club under the previous board, but since GI took over there has been silence. What's happened?
Lucy
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Disgusting .... I feel sorry for kev now and say sorry for some of the out kev stuff I said. Sorry kev

Working under these conditions I'm behind him but against fatty Harrop and GI who have as much moral as the Yorkshire highwayman

Fatty Harrop please f off
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

It seems everyone has given up mainly because of results interest is dying when everyone wakes up the club will be dead. I'm to old but wish the younger ones would call a club meeting without the name tust. Call it supporters meeting everyone in the stand and organizers on pitch. We all show our views on here but what good is it doing.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 24 Mar 2017, 19:45 Disgusting .... I feel sorry for kev now and say sorry for some of the out kev stuff I said. Sorry kev

Working under these conditions I'm behind him but against fatty Harrop and GI who have as much moral as the Yorkshire highwayman

Fatty Harrop please f off
:goodpost:
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Apparently Brent Pilnick is on leave. So I wouldn't tweet him too much, although the BBC were always a long shot as they won't report on things unless they're beyond the state of rumours and have verified sources. We're reliant upon Dave Thomas awakening from his 8/9 year slumber, that should be fun...
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

lucy6lucy wrote: 24 Mar 2017, 19:25 I'm a TUST member, I used to get numerous emails about the running of the club under the previous board, but since GI took over there has been silence. What's happened?
There was the following earlier this month before the change of date for the Council meeting:-

Plainmoor Lease

Dear Member,

Please find below the current published agenda of the Overview and Scrutiny Board meeting scheduled for March 15th at which the disposal of the Plainmoor Lease will be discussed.

You will note from the agenda that this is a verbal report and to our knowledge no detailed report has yet been published.

Riviera Stadium Limited have made no secret of the fact that they wish to build a new event stadium but until they publish their plans and explain their reasons for needing to own the freehold of Plainmoor before a new stadium is built we have no choice but to challenge any decision to dispose of the Plainmoor lease.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask Riviera Stadium Limited to start the promised consultation process with all stakeholders at the earliest opportunity.

Below are the email addresses of the members of the Overview and Scrutiny Board if you wish to contact them before the meeting.

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Kind Regards ...

Michael

I don't expect a daily update, but they have been pretty much up to speed regarding anything concerning our ground. I don't think it needs a trust to state the obvious regarding how a fan feels with our club in the bottom four and the ownership failing to back the manager. Everyone with the best interests of the club at heart will feel the same about GI's recent inactivity as is demonstrated on here.