GI the Death of TUFC as we know it

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

The Council are our only chance now.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

If I didn't already have a season ticket, I'm not sure if I would turn up and line the pockets of GI.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Squad of 16, 1 keeper, no right back, 1 injured and 1 of them is our manager.

We've slipped into the bottom 4, had some scandalous results of late and still the new faceless owners have done nothing literally nothing about it. Our moronic supporters some of which said they wanted to be on the board with GI, and how the future looked bright for us deserve this relegation for being so pig ignorant and so thick to think anything other than a disaster was coming.

New owners who from day 1 have had absolutely ZERO intent of improving the football team, they want us to go down, they want Nicho to take the flak they want the opposition to them taking over the ground to be weak and when we go down they'll be sorted. We won't be able to sustain a full time football team at Plainmoor anymore and they will get hold of the ground and that will be that.

I look at Notts county who were in a dire mess, got a local businessman who passionately loves Notts in charge, they are now in great form, signed a load of players and are getting crowds of over 7k again. I look at Orient fans protesting and I'd even have their owners over GI, it is such a tragic shambles that this club has been ran into the ground, in front of everyone's faces and there is nobody challenging these people. I almost don't care about on the field, our lads try but they are simply not good enough to play at this level, that's not their fault, we are working to a joke of a budget and this is all we can afford.

Can't believe it's got to this.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Forest gull »

we need a protest.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

[/quote]
What GI are, is a vulture circling round a dying animal.
[/quote]

No, what GI are, is a giant python gradually crushing their prey to death before they devour it. They know exactly what they are doing.

No new signings before the deadline today despite Nicho stating in the print version of Herald yesterday that he was confident of getting a couple of players in. How is he supposed to keep us up!? The only reason for not signing anyone has to be lack of money. In other words, lack of investment by GI. With the squad so thin I can't see how there can be nobody worth signing.

GI are the masters of smoke and mirrors. They say all the right things but then work behind the scenes on their own agenda. They promised a fans forum - it has never happened. They said their aim was to remain in the National League yet there is no investment to enable that to happen. They said that there would be TUST members on the board - to my knowledge that hasn't happened. Is there even a board!? They appoint a club manager who's more concerned about being called fat - even though he is - than running the club.

They are property developers - they are here for the land.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Forest gull wrote: 23 Mar 2017, 17:53 we need a protest.
WHEN DO WE WANT IT?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Forest gull »

and they wont build us anything. leopards don't change their spots. History repeating itself.

bastards
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Forest gull wrote: 23 Mar 2017, 17:53 we need a protest.
I agree. Imaginative fans protests get noticed in the media.

The meeting of the Policy Development and Decision Group (Joint Operations Team) where the lease of Plainmoor is to be discussed has now been put back (AGAIN!!) to Wednesday 26 April 2017. The Save Plainmoor petition will be presented. I like many others, can't be there due to work commitments but can I suggest that all of those that can attend go along and give a rendition of "Come On You Yellooooooooooooooooooooow!" at the end of the item? :scarf:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

No plainmoor no club for me.

It's moving out of your council house with a secure tenancy and renting a house from a tight fisted landlord who only cares about the rent and doesn't give a fck if your shower does not work or there is damp in your bedroom

I will never spend a penny at plainmoor while it's in these hands
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

royalgull wrote: 23 Mar 2017, 17:48
I almost don't care about on the field, our lads try but they are simply not good enough to play at this level, that's not their fault, we are working to a joke of a budget and this is all we can afford.

Can't believe it's got to this.
This. It is of paramount importance that we retain Plainmoor.

I'm relieved that more and more are beginning to come to this idea. Let's start putting up some fight, shall we?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Plainmoor option 1

There is no option 2
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 23 Mar 2017, 18:21 No plainmoor no club for me.

It's moving out of your council house with a secure tenancy and renting a house from a tight fisted landlord who only cares about the rent and doesn't give a fck if your shower does not work or there is damp in your bedroom

I will never spend a penny at plainmoor while it's in these hands
:goodpost:
TUST MEMBER
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well, new poster GlorDIE was absolutely right with his/her? "oh so reliable source" opening post
Do keep us informed of any further news
Iron gull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Iron gull »

The council will have already been bunged, sipping champagne on a yacht paid for by back-handers. The council probably want Torquay united to go bust so they can get in on the action. Maybe a small portion of Plainmoor stadium as a car park eh?
This guy has owned numerous clubs, and they've all ended up stadiumless. We are the only club in the land who's owners WANT us to be relegated! The thing is, if they get relegated, you're looking at no TV money, squad of players that basically have no future as professional footballers and are worth zero. We won't be able to pay any wages, and they'll fold. How much are you gonna pay to see carpenters, head waitors, and fish mongers playing in the conference south? The new stadium at the rugby club IS the rugby club .
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

The council don't give a hoot about having football in the area. as far as they are concerned we are an embarrassment. they would rather have Plainmoor developed and rake in the council tax the houses would generate. far more than the rest we pay them. its now becoming plain to see. open our eyes guys.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843