GI the Death of TUFC as we know it

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
GIorDIE
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Hargreaves

GI the Death of TUFC as we know it

Post by GIorDIE »

I have it from oh so very reliable sources that GI have absolutely no intention of bankrolling ANY additional playing staff this season.

It is felt that (this is hilarious) the outlay on Harrop and our new head of recruitment is enough investment this season.

My source was quietly reminded by someone with very close links to GI that they would have assumed ownership should the original loan have been defaulted anyway and that the subsequent takeover was merely a formality.

The question that provokes me is 'what genuinely do GI want?' I think I am correct in making the assumption that GI should they NOT get the property or development deal they require can walk away and leave the club in ruins anyway.

Mr Osborne where are you?
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

GIorDIE wrote: 21 Mar 2017, 10:32 I think I am correct in making the assumption that GI should they NOT get the property or development deal they require can walk away and leave the club in ruins anyway.
Not really. They could wind up the club (would create an almightly issue which would likely result in the third option), try to flog it, give it away to the TUST or just run it on a minimal budget for giggles but you can't just 'walk away' from a business that you own.

If they are property developers/asset strippers, their aim is to get their hands on the freehold, move the club off the land before a new stadium is built (thanks to duping the council), indefinitely delay the new stadium due to 'unforseen circumstances' and then deliberately force the club into being wound up or being in such a state that they can hand it over to someone else/TUST in a totally reduced state - having got what they wanted out of the deal
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

The freehold of Plainmoor is now going to be discussed at the Policy and Development and Decision Group meeting on 26th April-three days before the last game of the season.GI are putting it out there that they will only invest in the club if they get the freehold and the Council show a willingness to work with them on their proposals for the future(whatever they are).
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

torregull's favourite player is.......welcome to the club, torregull.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

The excuses keep coming, wont be the end.

Posters on here defending GI because the ownership hadn't been ratified was an early one.
Now it seems when they get the freehold. Its not a dig at you by the way torregull.

Lets see, then it will be when the planning permission gets passed
After that, when the new stadium is built.
Then it will be how many fans turn up
AND THEN TO CAP IT ALL - THE FANS WILL GET BLAMED FOR HAVING NO INTEREST!
So no investment will happen folks EVER!
TUST MEMBER
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Neal wrote: 22 Mar 2017, 20:46 The excuses keep coming, wont be the end.

Posters on here defending GI because the ownership hadn't been ratified was an early one.
Now it seems when they get the freehold. Its not a dig at you by the way torregull.

Lets see, then it will be when the planning permission gets passed
After that, when the new stadium is built.
Then it will be how many fans turn up
AND THEN TO CAP IT ALL - THE FANS WILL GET BLAMED FOR HAVING NO INTEREST!
So no investment will happen folks EVER!
GI are not to blame for the position the club is in currently. If GI had not taken over we would still be in this position. The blame lays with many different people over the last five years at least, eg Bill Philips, Dean Edwards, the failure of previous boards to profitably utilise the Bristow windfall, the wrong managerial appointments at the wrong time etc.
What GI are, is a vulture circling round a dying animal. The animal has been deemed to be in a terminal condition and so not worth rescuing by anyone who could have done so. That is the fact of the matter.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Exactly...........the wounded animal has been rendered vulnerable to the vultures. Delivered, hook, line and sinker by idiots and idlers; those who couldn't see and wouldn't see that you need revenue streams to finance a football club and not benevolence.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I have no issue with those last 2 statements actually.

But we are where we are. Never liked that statement but it suits this post.

I wont support the current owners, so from my view a Pheonix club is best, maybe not for many on here, so be it. It wouldn't be easy I know, but I would support such a club by buying a ST whereas im not renewing mine with this lot in charge. Lets see how many renew next season shall we.

Last time I mentioned this someone said well f off and create one, not possible with only a handful seemingly supporting this idea. That's why im on here trying to convince you lot. Not with much success so far agreed, but lets see how event s take there course shall we. More might start to agree :)
TUST MEMBER
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Neal wrote: 23 Mar 2017, 12:26 I have no issue with those last 2 statements actually.

But we are where we are. Never liked that statement but it suits this post.

I wont support the current owners, so from my view a Pheonix club is best, maybe not for many on here, so be it. It wouldn't be easy I know, but I would support such a club by buying a ST whereas im not renewing mine with this lot in charge. Lets see how many renew next season shall we.

Last time I mentioned this someone said well f off and create one, not possible with only a handful seemingly supporting this idea. That's why im on here trying to convince you lot. Not with much success so far agreed, but lets see how event s take there course shall we. More might start to agree :)
That's not quite what I said... ;-)

I said that if you want a phoenix club, someone has to make the first move. Nothing will happen just from talking about it. I realize you don't live in the area so it wouldn't really be feasible for you to start one.

I would also add that, in my opinion, launching a phoenix club whilst the current club still exists would simply mean that both would fail.

And without a ground to play in no phoenix club would ever prosper. There is simply no other viable place to host a club in Torquay than Plainmoor, which is why Steve Breed's Watcombe Wanderers have had to move to Newton Abbot to further their ambitions.

All efforts should be focused on not allowing GI to dispose of OUR ground as this would signal the end of pro football in the bay for ever. Nothing else matters.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Jerry wrote: 23 Mar 2017, 12:58 launching a phoenix club whilst the current club still exists would simply mean that both would fail. And without a ground to play in no phoenix club would ever prosper. There is simply no other viable place to host a club in Torquay than Plainmoor, which is why Steve Breed's Watcombe Wanderers have had to move to Newton Abbot to further their ambitions. All efforts should be focused on not allowing GI to dispose of OUR ground as this would signal the end of pro football in the bay for ever. Nothing else matters.
Exactly; get real Neal!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Just what I think, relegation or not, the priority for keeping the club alive has to be staying at Plainmoor.
Let's hope the council agree.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Scarborough Athletic made a decent fist of being a Phoenix club without playing in the town of their origin. So it's not necessarily a barrier that can't be overcome - providing it was short term.

But then, they were formed after the original Scarborough FC had gone to the wall, not alongside of.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

more recently you've got Darlington doing it, and even Wimbledon ultimately you have to have to do what you've got to do to keep the club running but you always have to have an end date of bringing a club 'home' as it were.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

In the case of Wimbledon and Darlington the plan was always to return to their respective towns, I do not know the situation with Scarborough. A phoenix club playing outside its named town obviously is going to face the problem of attracting sufficient support. If plainmoor was to go then I would expect it would be extremely difficult to find land within Torquay on which to build another ground. For that reason I believe our entire future rests with the decision of Torbay council, it doesn't matter what division we are in next season if our house is built shifting sands.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

WAKEY WAKEY TUFC FANS!!

THE END IS NEAR