FAT Harrop Threats

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Only the Torbay Council can save us now.
Bridportgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky cave

Post by Bridportgull »

Hi Dave I have been away !
So what is all this nonsense about Harrop and kev ?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

I did not see Harrop there last night ~ not to say he wasn't, just that I didn't see him ~ but I did see Bill Phillips and Brian Palk dressed like a pair of undertakers. They were soon engaged in conversation with Dave Thomas and when they walked off he came towards me and I just gave him a look of disgust.

Too close to the wrong people ~ Harrop and Phillips ~ is Thomas. Palk's OK but he looks a sick man these days. Not the first time I've seen them together at away games and pray to God Osborne's not considering Barbados Bill for the board.

If it hadn't been for pressure from this site and BTPIR; none of this statement nor exposure of Harrop would have come to light you can bet your bottom dollar on that. Keep the pressure up on Clarke Osborne, Bill Phillips, Dave Thomas and Geoff Harrop..........don't give them a day's peace and make them squirm.

By the way Solihull Moors have one Jed McGrory on their board who's been implicated in all sorts of nonsense with Swindon Town and Hereford United in the past few years.......another dodgy geezer!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Love it merse....just wish it was a soap opera and not real life

I used to love Dave Thomas view on everything...what has changed...is he too scared to report...maybe the paper won't allow it...is he in bed with gi...

Why not merse ? Not questioning why he has not ...just the reason why he has not
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

What I don't understand is how the National League can have ratified this lot as owners?

Their sole intention is to take our club out of business and have a history of doing so how the hell have they been approved by an FA affiliated league as suitable owners. Surely the FA need to be looking at what they have allowed to happen here!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

DT has no journalist ambition left in his body, he's riding the Gravy train into retirement and is not willing to upset the establishment.

For the past few months our talented Forum fans have been providing information by the bucket load and "Good Old Dave" has turned a blind eye.

I look forward to day that we get a decent journalist with Blood Hound instincts.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Prob because they had the money to keep business as a going concern. Doubt they care much more than that
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

KeithMalone wrote: 29 Mar 2017, 19:39 What I don't understand is how the National League can have ratified this lot as owners?

Their sole intention is to take our club out of business and have a history of doing so how the hell have they been approved by an FA affiliated league as suitable owners. Surely the FA need to be looking at what they have allowed to happen here!
Of course you are right. But please bear in mind who has owned clubs in the past: Robert Maxwell, that dodgy Thai bloke at Man City, the ex safe burglar at Darlington, that lunatic at Leeds.......
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 29 Mar 2017, 19:19 Why not merse ? Not questioning why he has not ...just the reason why he has not
DT emerged from ~ and waxes lyrical about ~ the days of Tony Boyce and Frank O'Farrell who held the local press in their palm then. It was Omerta with a capital 'O' and he has carried on it that vein ever since.

He will pass on gossip to acquaintances that he would never put in print; he will assure club staff of his total discretion and they in turn take advantage of that; but there have been many a player and club employee over the years who knew he couldn't be trusted with their talk about life at TQ1 because they knew it would go straight back to the boardroom or manager's office.

Nothing much has changed in reality
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Ok merse...interesting

Playing devils advocate what was different with the Roberts saga. Was that different because Roberts and co banned the express from the ground and maybe didn't piss in the same cup as the Herald ??

Anyhow the past is the past and regardless of local media have a pair of balls to expose the situation we all need to keep on top of this.

Good posts merse
Wraysburygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Welsh

Post by Wraysburygull »

Surprised at DT. I remember him many years ago and thought of him first and foremost as a fan.
More positively, I see Jim Proudfoot has made his feelings clear on Twitter:
A statement that says precious little. I support a football club where I can't guarantee the owner wanted us to win last night. #tufc
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

merse btpir wrote: 29 Mar 2017, 18:48 I did not see Harrop there last night ~ not to say he wasn't, just that I didn't see him ~ but I did see Bill Phillips and Brian Palk dressed like a pair of undertakers. They were soon engaged in conversation with Dave Thomas and when they walked off he came towards me and I just gave him a look of disgust.

Too close to the wrong people ~ Harrop and Phillips ~ is Thomas. Palk's OK but he looks a sick man these days. Not the first time I've seen them together at away games and pray to God Osborne's not considering Barbados Bill for the board.

If it hadn't been for pressure from this site and BTPIR; none of this statement nor exposure of Harrop would have come to light you can bet your bottom dollar on that. Keep the pressure up on Clarke Osborne, Bill Phillips, Dave Thomas and Geoff Harrop..........don't give them a day's peace and make them squirm.

By the way Solihull Moors have one Jed McGrory on their board who's been implicated in all sorts of nonsense with Swindon Town and Hereford United in the past few years.......another dodgy geezer!
He wasn't at the Business Breakfast yesterday either-Nicho chaired it despite only getting back at 3-30am that morning.
Surely a role Harrop should have undertaken? Dark rumours too,that the new local appointments referred to in Osbourne's statement will include former discredited board members.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

.......and people might like to ask why Dan Sparkes never made to the hospital he should have on Tuesday night.

Nobody from the admin/boardroom side of the club were willing to accompany/wait with him and the poor sod had to be put on the team coach and struggle all the way back to Devon without the very necessary xray that was needed to confirm that there was indeed no bone damage.......what a bunch of shit houses!

Chris Rich; Bill Phillips? Rubbish characters with shallow standards. So much for this being a sporting club and the players being treated like professionals when the boardroom inhabitants resemble pigs with their snouts in the trough
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

merse btpir wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 10:09 .......and people might like to ask why Dan Sparkes never made to the hospital he should have on Tuesday night.

Nobody from the admin/boardroom side of the club were willing to accompany/wait with him and the poor sod had to be put on the team coach and struggle all the way back to Devon without the very necessary xray that was needed to confirm that there was indeed no bone damage.......what a bunch of shit houses!

Chris Rich; Bill Phillips? Rubbish characters with shallow standards. So much for this being a sporting club and the players being treated like professionals when the boardroom inhabitants resemble pigs with their snouts in the trough
that is disgusting :@ :@
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

"We're pretty sure that Dan has not broken his leg ~ it's bruising to his (right) shin."

Pretty sure ~ what sort of professionalism is that? These are guys with their livelihood and career to think of; they deserve better than that and indeed the term professional football club demands professional care, not cowboy ambivalence towards the players and their welfare!