FAT Harrop Threats

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

FAT Harrop Threats

Post by Southampton Gull »

So FAT Harrop is now summoning his manager to track down a forum member and warn him off?

Is this the face of the club he wants fans to see?

Fatty, I am quite prepared to meet you anytime you like, don't expect me to fund your vulturous regime by paying to get in though, send me a complimentary and I'll be right there ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Dave - perhaps you have touched a nerve.

Of course Harrop and Nicho haven't got better things to do have they ? Just the call Nicho wanted !!!!!!!!!! "Kev, this bloke on the forum is being nasty about me"
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Mar 2017, 07:47 So FAT Harrop is now summoning his manager to track down a forum member and warn him off?
Is this the face of the club he wants fans to see?
Have I missed something here? I don't often post but try to keep up with all the other comments.
Can someone (SG) enlighten me?

Thanks
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Perhaps Harrop et al can keep to their word and provide the fans forum which they promised. It is clearly needed and if he is 'an honest man' with nothing to hide then front up and address those that fund his role

I am sick to death of this club and the way the fans are treated. Nicholson aside not one give two shits about the fans. Where is the support promised to Kev and the fans? Where was it since they stepped in the door?

I honestly expect once Harrop takes his man out those wishing for the managers departure will soon be regretting this.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I'm not sure that calling Geoff Harrop 'fatty' or whatever is the way to go at the moment. Insults never achieve anything in my book. Don't know the guy, only remember him being in charge of one match several years ago. Let's pass judgement in 6 months' time.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

budegull1954 wrote: 18 Mar 2017, 09:49 I'm not sure that calling Geoff Harrop 'fatty' or whatever is the way to go at the moment. Insults never achieve anything in my book. Don't know the guy, only remember him being in charge of one match several years ago. Let's pass judgement in 6 months' time.
Do that and we'll be judging Harrop as manager of a Conference South team playing away to East Thurrock United or some other unheard of team...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Actions speak louder than words. All our rivals are loaning players and we are just commenting why it is becoming increasing impossible for us to do that. Frankly it's all rubbish. If the will and where withall was there was there we have had weeks and weeks to get this sorted and make sure the club avoids relegation. I have nothing agin the guy but Harrops comments to date have been either negative or deluded ( we are spoilt for choice for forwards already). it's action or out. If we get relegated he should needs to be the first one out the door.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

budegull1954 wrote: 18 Mar 2017, 09:49 Don't know the guy, only remember him being in charge of one match several years ago.
He's easy to spot ~ a short, fat guy in a big Italian looking scarf...Don Corleone lookalike =D

Honestly, what a farce and what a ridiculous way for a Managing Director to carry on. Catch up with him at an away match Dave.......Aldershot's nearly in your manor isn't it?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

If all this wasn't so serious I'd be comparing this with (for older readers) a Brian Rix farce or for younger ones a Harry Hill 'fight'.
Seems to me Torquay supporters, except for a few on here and BTPIR, are a mild mannered group who just accept what's going on or just, more likely, have no idea of impending disaster.
What's happened to TUST and their probing questions? Just who is now fighting to save OUR football club?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I just referred to his nickname without realising how upset he was. If he'd reached out and said he found it upsetting I'd happily refrain from calling Fat Harrop such names. To try and waste the time of others in reaching out to me with threats he'd be better off finding us a decent forward that the manager has actually asked for.

Merse, Aldershot is a good shout, I know all the security lads up there so should have access all areas. I'm not so sure he wants to hear what I've got to say to his face but we can live in hope.

Stop worrying about me "Mr Harrop", do your job and I'll be nothing but an.......................
Dave

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Harrop trying to play mafia wars with a well connected TUFC fan, smart move, and even worse, trying use Nicho as some foot soldier to do his dirty work. Dave he won't talk to you, he couldn't run away if he tried, he'll just hide like a coward.

In the event he does step and agree to see you, can I have ring side seats, wouldn't want to miss that for the world. :)

As a side note, don't think it's got anything to do with people being mild mannered, or those on BTPIR posing tough questions, it's so easy write things on forums, it's another thing entirely standing up and having your say in person. I've asked the question a few times, what would us TUFC fans do if the shite hits the fan, never did get an answer.

What I'll say to Dave SG, Merse, and Breedy, you are the people that really do know the nuts and bolts here, if you want to shake the apathy out of the fan base in general, you need to get permission to go public with what you know, other wise those do read the forums, will close their minds, because after all we don't want to believe bad things are going to happen to our club, and those who don't read the forums, will never know.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

What I'd say to that Dave is that if people just concentrate on their job their worktime is much more productive.

The fans will believe what they want to believe whatever I or anyone else says. Sometimes it's impossible to give specifics without compromising decent people who have the club at heart.

When GI actually do something to back up their claim to be supporting the manager and deliver what he's asked for then will be the time we can all concentrate on supporting the club. While they do nothing but obstruct and fail to deliver even modest targets then they deserve the scrutiny they're getting. When he starts throwing his toys out of the pram over some forum comments then Harrop is showing his unsuitability to the task of running a football club. I think it's about time he started earning his salary, time to prove he's worth twice what the manager is on.
Dave

kerswellgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by kerswellgull »

Jeez grow up guys
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Must be a sensitive chap.

Gee the stick some people get in football, and they just ignore it. Don't get involved in football if you cant take some stick. Lets face it if you take the stick / banter / opinions / passion out of football may as well pack up!

Even posting on forums, if you cant take some stick from people who don't agree with you then I suggest don't post.
Last edited by Neal on 18 Mar 2017, 14:44, edited 2 times in total.
TUST MEMBER
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Mar 2017, 13:17 What I'd say to that Dave is that if people just concentrate on their job their worktime is much more productive.

The fans will believe what they want to believe whatever I or anyone else says. Sometimes it's impossible to give specifics without compromising decent people who have the club at heart.

When GI actually do something to back up their claim to be supporting the manager and deliver what he's asked for then will be the time we can all concentrate on supporting the club. While they do nothing but obstruct and fail to deliver even modest targets then they deserve the scrutiny they're getting. When he starts throwing his toys out of the pram over some forum comments then Harrop is showing his unsuitability to the task of running a football club. I think it's about time he started earning his salary, time to prove he's worth twice what the manager is on.
I fully admit to being in the, give G.I chance camp, whilst we're supposed to learn from history, and we know G.I's history, history is meaningless to a point, as it's what people do in the now that counts.

Having said that, I totally agree with what you say here, our clubs new owners now, do deserve the scrutiny they're getting, and it's not for what they've done, it's for what they're not doing in general, not just re; the manager.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if Nicho was replaced, that's just my honest opinion based on what I've seen through out the entire season, coupled with what I've believe this team is capable of, however I wouldn't lose any sleep if the club actually gave Nicho the backing he's after and stuck with him.

So my message is the same as yours. Mr Harrop, get of your fat arse, stop fussing over fans forums and do your F-IN job, either back KN properly, or get rid, our club can not find it self in the South division, and despite the last two results, we're still deep in trouble.

Oh BTW , I still want a ring side seat. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc