FAT Harrop Threats

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Gosh merse..picking up on things here. .

What a joke.. ...honestly if it was a episode of fawlty towers i would be laughing a lot
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I was thinking (it happens now and then) - was the post of General Manager advertised ? I'm not fully au fait with Employment Law, but I thought that all job vacancies had to be advertised - is that correct? Also, what relevant experience does Geoff Harrop have to fill the role of 'General Manager' at a rumoured inflated salary ? Just asking ..... :whistle:
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

Dave Thomas in bed with the enemy, don't make me laugh, Dave gets told what they want him to know, he is a top bloke and anyone who truly knows him will tell you the same.
And yes he is a Torquay fan through and through, And yes he will sometimes be guided by the paper as to what he can print. and Dave is as frustrated by whats going as anyone.
And before you ask no I'm not harrop in disguise, just a fan like the rest of you and have been for the past 51 seasons.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

tomogull wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 15:34 I was thinking (it happens now and then) - was the post of General Manager advertised ? I'm not fully au fait with Employment Law, but I thought that all job vacancies had to be advertised - is that correct? Also, what relevant experience does Geoff Harrop have to fill the role of 'General Manager' at a rumoured inflated salary ? Just asking ..... :whistle:
Advertised internally is sufficient I believe, certainly in the line of work I am in it is. Formality?
Zippy wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 15:45 Dave Thomas in bed with the enemy, don't make me laugh, Dave gets told what they want him to know, he is a top bloke and anyone who truly knows him will tell you the same.
And yes he is a Torquay fan through and through, And yes he will sometimes be guided by the paper as to what he can print. and Dave is as frustrated by whats going as anyone.
And before you ask no I'm not harrop in disguise, just a fan like the rest of you and have been for the past 51 seasons.
He used to print what people were writing on the forum (then it's not him saying it), that has all stopped for a while now though - does seem suspicious, like you say I'm sure it's not all blame on him though he's restricted to what the editor will print. Could be worse they could make rubbish up like the Daily Mail in order to sell a few more copies, but no they just go with the tumbleweed instead.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Louis wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 16:16 Advertised internally is sufficient I believe, certainly in the line of work I am in it is. Formality?
Thanks Louis. Yes - it is just a formality. I was simply stirring the pot. ;-) You do have to ask, though - what experience/qualifications/aptitude does he have for the job ? Answers on the back of a postage stamp ......
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Zippy »

Hardly a crime talking to phillips and palk is it ? as far as I'm aware Dave doesn't read the forum, His words! and he gets frustrated at whats happening at the club.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Totally agree Zippy, DT knows far more about football and Torquay United than most people on here
Sometimes on here its a case of 'who can we slag off next? '
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Actually Dave Thomas does read the forum's as we once proved beyond doubt.

He's a genuinely nice man but he should be printing the concerns of fans not bowing to GI and their cronies.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Hi Dave
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Dave Thomas has been reporting for donkeys now...does he do owt else ??

It's not a bad job if that's all he does...
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Zippy wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 15:45 Dave Thomas in bed with the enemy, don't make me laugh, Dave gets told what they want him to know, he is a top bloke and anyone who truly knows him will tell you the same.
Highly doubt GI have enough influence at Trinity Media to force DT into ignoring what's going on at the club. He could easily add some hints and indications to what is going on or constructively criticise the club but he fails to do so and in failing to do so is doing a massive disservice to the casual fans who don't read the forums and don't know what's going on.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Zippy »

Dave reports on cycling, squash, cricket, as well as football, He cant report if GI don't tell him.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Your apologist stance over this floppy eared, slippers & cardigan wearing local rag is suspicious Zippy. If GI don't tell him he can put the pressure on simple as that.

Do you think for one moment that without the pressure form torquayfans.com and BTPIR any of this 'public relations' now coming forth would have happened?

Do you think that without pressure being put on people like Jeff Welch (ITV) and Jim Parker the Herald Express editor; things would be any different this week than last?

The FACT that has not been acknowledged is that without the supporters, the club is nothing; without the club, the ground is nothing; without the ground, GI do not have a business reason to run Torquay United FC.

It sounds very much now as if everyone at Plainmoor is running around shitting themselves after realising that they have to work a lot harder to justify themselves ~ GI to the supporters and Nicholson to his bosses and if you think any of that is down to messrs Thomas, Hughes and Henderson in the local tea rooms then you are an apologist for them of the highest order!
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Zippy »

That's fine Alan, your opinion mate, We all have our opinion, I'm just putting mine forward.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Yepp.........that's what forums are all about :)