The New Board

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Pikey_Gull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Pikey_Gull »

...And that Facebook post has now disappeared???
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I don't know either Clarke Osborne or Geoff Harrop enough other than talking with both fleetingly on a couple of occasions and if what you say is only half true then I really fear for the future of the club.
I was all for changing the manager but if he's working under these conditions then I feel for him.
Property developers are what they say on the tin.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

lucy6lucy wrote: 15 Mar 2017, 20:34 Apparently kev and Robbie know their time is up, have done since the GI sale was announced, so do the players and that the GI plan all along is to trick the council into a land sale whilst minimising the club running costs, even if that means relegation.
Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just telling you what I have been told.........

People love to shoot messengers down there Lucy; get all personal with the messenger because they don't like the message and that causes them to take on blinkered attitudes and get conned into cheerleading the rubbish they have been putting up with for so long......you can read it on here on a regular basis when I post.

Any new ownership will want it's own management and if they can 'constructively dismiss' the incumbents they will because it is cheaper to move them on that way. Forget that it's #legend Nicholson; they would do that to anyone; so let's not profess shock/horror over that revelation.

'Trick the local council' ~ no need to do that with a Conservative controlled authority corruption and graft will be rife never you mind that. The Tories have been leeching the blood out of the place for generations.

So everything you say means that more than ever people need to be extra vigilant; stop shooting messengers and hearing what they say.

If people had listened that the club was being run in a stupid manner due to the naivety of the local beneficiary ~ apparently people on here don't like the term 'stupid' ~ when it was first being pointed out years ago that no proper revenue streams were being put in place, nowhere near high enough productivity standards were being demanded of the commercial staff employed and taking that blinkered 'end on view' of playing matters from behind the goal purely because it was nearest the bar instead of a serious scrutinising over view of the declining playing standards; the plight of the club in the hands of the current ownership would never have come about.

The supine, the gullible and the plain daft have only themselves to blame for all this and when the messengers conveyed the messages they were by and large shot down as being poisonous, unpleasant and unwelcome
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

merse btpir wrote: 15 Mar 2017, 22:21
People love to shoot messengers down there Lucy; get all personal with the messenger because they don't like the message and that causes them to take on blinkered attitudes and get conned into cheerleading the rubbish they have been putting up with for so long......you can read it on here on a regular basis when I post.

Any new ownership will want it's own management and if they can 'constructively dismiss' the incumbents they will because it is cheaper to move them on that way. Forget that it's #legend Nicholson; they would do that to anyone; so let's not profess shock/horror over that revelation.

'Trick the local council' ~ no need to do that with a Conservative controlled authority corruption and graft will be rife never you mind that. The Tories have been leeching the blood out of the place for generations.

So everything you say means that more than ever people need to be extra vigilant; stop shooting messengers and hearing what they say.

If people had listened that the club was being run in a stupid manner due to the naivety of the local beneficiary ~ apparently people on here don't like the term 'stupid' ~ when it was first being pointed out years ago that no proper revenue streams were being put in place, nowhere near high enough productivity standards were being demanded of the commercial staff employed and taking that blinkered 'end on view' of playing matters from behind the goal purely because it was nearest the bar instead of a serious scrutinising over view of the declining playing standards; the plight of the club in the hands of the current ownership would never have come about.

The supine, the gullible and the plain daft have only themselves to blame for all this and when the messengers conveyed the messages they were by and large shot down as being poisonous, unpleasant and unwelcome
you were rightly got shot down for calling Thea Bristow stupid. And to quote you to another forum member the other week, dont be a fanny!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Fair enough; you're exactly the sort of person I was talking about.............the closure of the EPPP academy with no plan B in place was the act of stupidity I used as an example but no-one ~ NOT ONE SINGLE OTHER CONTRIBUTOR ~ can see beyond 'Thea being called stupid' and even pick up on that.

To illustrate what was actually stated by me it was:

"........that a football infrastructure be re-instated within the club which is unique in the National League of not having one below first team level ~ the ONLY National League club; what sort of disgrace is that? A shocking indictment to the stupidity of Thea Bristow and her managing director of the time, Bill Phillips"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Perhaps people take it as read that closing the academy without coming up with an alternative was stupid but if anyone thinks Thea made that decision or even had a valid input they're sadly mistaken.

She was taken advantage of, it wasn't stupidity just plain naivety and I think that's why people take umbrage with your description of her. She didn't want to be the one running things, Baker and Phillips manipulated her into that position to take all the flak for the way Martin Ling was treated. Those two are pure scum in my book along with Dean Edwards.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

merse btpir wrote: 16 Mar 2017, 06:23 Fair enough; you're exactly the sort of person I was talking about.............the closure of the EPPP academy with no plan B in place was the act of stupidity I used as an example but no-one ~ NOT ONE SINGLE OTHER CONTRIBUTOR ~ can see beyond 'Thea being called stupid' and even pick up on that.

To illustrate what was actually stated by me it was:

"........that a football infrastructure be re-instated within the club which is unique in the National League of not having one below first team level ~ the ONLY National League club; what sort of disgrace is that? A shocking indictment to the stupidity of Thea Bristow and her managing director of the time, Bill Phillips"
yes, its bloody obvious that having no academy is crazy, especially as ours was just about to produce a couple of players who have either been picked up by other clubs or are now out on a limb failing to show their potential.

Your point only shows the stupidity of Bill Phillips mainly, what to do you want for pointing the obvious out?