Can we Survive? 10 Games Remaining.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Can we Survive? 10 Games Remaining.

Post by portugull »

Just like last season I have been looking closely at the remaining fixtures for the bottom 6 Clubs.

Two Clubs have 9 games left North Ferriby and Woking. Of the two Woking have 5 away games including Gateshead, Barrow and Dagenham. Very tough.

Southport look doomed as they finish Dover, FGR, Tranmere and Lincoln.

North Ferriby have lost 11 of their home games and still have to play 4 of the top 8 plus finishing the season at Plainmoor.

I suspect that Southport, North Ferriby and Woking will be relegated the final relegation spot resting between York, Torquay and Maidstone.

York have shown improvement lately and their next home game is against Southport which should give them 3 points. They only meet 2 of the top 8 but at this stage are still 5 points behind Torquay.

We ourselves meet 4 of the top 8 including Lincoln and Dover away so I think our fate will be decided by the 5 home games where 4 of them will be vital namely Eastleigh, Chester, Braintree and North Ferriby

Maidstone have a very tough finish playing 5 of the top 8 and finishing with FGR, Lincoln and Tranmere.

My crystal ball tells me we will finish 19th and that the bottom 6 will read
Torquay 52
Maidstone 50
York 46
Woking 45
North Ferriby 43
Southport 33

I shall not be putting any money on it!

I have assumed Nicho will get in 2 decent players which we need very badly.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

It's down to us to stay up, not to rely on others. Our run in is tough, but somehow this can work in our favour, as strange as that sounds

My prediction:

Tranmere. Lose

Now basing these predictions on at least 2 proven additions.
Eastleigh. Draw
Wrexham. Draw
Solihull. Win
Chester. Lose
Aldershot. Lose
Lincoln. Lose
Braintree. Win
Dover. Lose
North ferriby.win

That's 11 points. To finish on 49, 50 if down to goal difference. Is 49 going to keep us up. It's going to the wire.
Lucy
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

The result of Woking V Maidstone United on 25 March may have a big bearing on table - a draw I think would suit us best
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Don't forget York have the distraction (or incentive?) of the FA Trophy Semi-Final the first leg of which they play at home on Tuesday night to Lincoln.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Just like season, at this point more or less, it's in our own hands.
That's all you can ask.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 12 Mar 2017, 20:21 Just like season, at this point more or less, it's in our own hands.
That's all you can ask.
True but last season we were on an upwards trajectory, in fact we were unbeaten in six on this date last season. The feeling is entirely different this year and it's going to be a much tougher fight. What we could have asked was the team actually performed against Guiseley and Sutton, two matches handed to us on a platter, then we would have almost been safe by now :}
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

SenorDingDong wrote: 12 Mar 2017, 20:44 True but last season we were on an upwards trajectory, in fact we were unbeaten in six on this date last season. The feeling is entirely different this year and it's going to be a much tougher fight. What we could have asked was the team actually performed against Guiseley and Sutton, two matches handed to us on a platter, then we would have almost been safe by now :}
That's true but the point is that as long as it's in our own hands then we can't complain.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 12 Mar 2017, 20:56 That's true but the point is that as long as it's in our own hands then we can't complain.
Oh yes we can.. :-|
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

For those counting on Tranmere beating our rivals in the last couple of games, they may be safe in the playoffs by then and resting players. They can't be trusted. Remember 2005 :@
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Good point Jerry.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Jerry wrote: 13 Mar 2017, 07:48 For those counting on Tranmere beating our rivals in the last couple of games, they may be safe in the playoffs by then and resting players. They can't be trusted. Remember 2005 :@
Not necessarily. Tranmere are only 6 points behind Lincoln so have every reason to keep going, and only 1 point separates positions 2nd to 4th with a 2nd place finish offering a minor advantage in the play offs. Tranmere cant afford to take their foot off the pedal.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I also played the Lucy points prediction game and came up with a final total of 53 points. But that was before the Barrow game and the Sutton and Guisley defeats. I have so far predicted four games ....... and ALL have been wrong ! So much for the unpredictability of football ! For what it's worth, my predictions were/are -
Barrow (away) - lose result draw
Sutton (home) - win result lose
Guiseley (home) - win result lose
Southport (away) - draw result win
Tranmere (home) - lose
Eastleigh (home) - draw
Wrexham (away) - draw
Chester (home) - win
Aldershot (away) - lose
Lincoln (away) - lose
Braintree (home) - win
Dover (away) - lose
North ferriby (home) - win
Solihull (away) - draw
So now my revised total is 50 points. Very similar to Lucy's predictions but I think we can beat Chester but don't think we will win away to solihull Moors. I just hope we're safe before that final North Ferriby match.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

It looks more and more likely that our survival will hinge on the 3 home games with Chester 1st April,Braintree Easter Monday 17th and North Ferriby 29th April.

I have revised my total from 52 to 49 due to the loss to Eastleigh.

Get these 3 dates in your Diary because we need to get to Plainmoor in huge numbers just to show GIL we care even if they do not!!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I couldn't find Portugull's thread when I started my 'Predeiction Game' thread yesterday ! My prediction for the Gulls is 50 points but that hinges on winning our remaining three home games as Portugal says. The only surprise today was Maidstone winning at Woking. A draw would have been better but in my final permutation, that reduces Woking's points to 48 so perhaps not such a bad result after all. However, a Rubik Cube is easier !

I noticed that the lad - Lucas - who recently went on loan from Bristol Rvrs to Woking scored for them today. I wonder with the Mansell contact if he was ever on Nicho's wanted list?
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Nicho reckons 50 points will do it - he may be right, he may be wrong. So that's 10 points from SEVEN games, but even with my most optimistic head on I can't see us getting much, if anything, from three away games against Aldershot, Lincoln and Dover -personally speaking I would take ONE point from those three games NOW, but realistically NOTHING is more likely.

So, if I am right and Nicho is right with his target, in reality we may well need 10 points from just FOUR games ...

Solihull (a), Chester (h), Braintree (h) and North Ferriby (h) - possible perhaps,but we will have to show a level of consistency that we have fallen well short of so far this season.