Can we Survive? 10 Games Remaining.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

An interesting stat to suggest how frustrating this Torquay side is and equally cause for optimism. The current top 6, as it stands we have taken 16 points and still have 2 of them to play.

Lincoln

Lost 2-1 still to play

Tranmere lost 2-1, drew 0-0

Forest green

Won 4-3, drew 5-5

Dag and red

Won 1-0, won 1-0

Aldershot

Drew 0-0' drew 1-1

Dover

Won 2–1, still to play
Lucy
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

500k budget blown
Players out on loan
No players coming in
1 keeper ( who is our backup keeper, anyone?)
No bench to speak of
Injuries and a suspension
Pissed off supporters
A Director that thinks relegation is part of a 5 year plan

Yet somehow we get a result at Adlershot and our hope of staying up is still alive.

Against all odds, Leicester won the Premiership last year and we stayed up.
This year, Leicester to win the Champions League and we stay up?

Both would be against the odds, great double though!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Is Gerring still on loan at WSM? He didn't make their squad yesterday. Injured? Or just a player we could do with as cover not even getting on the pitch at the level below
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Ben Gerring is currently on loan at Truro City - not sure if he's available for an instant recall.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

After he's been there 28 days which he has I think, I believe he can be recalled.
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Jeff wrote: 09 Apr 2017, 16:11 Is Gerring still on loan at WSM? He didn't make their squad yesterday. Injured? Or just a player we could do with as cover not even getting on the pitch at the level below
He's on loan at Truro on a months loan which should end this week, would be ridiculous to let him extend his stay when we are so bereft of players at the moment. He was their man of the match yesterday against Ebbsfleet.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Gerring's loan is until the end of the season, not 'for a month' ~ he's finished as a Torquay player not good enough and out of favour!

There might be a '28 day recall clause' in case of emergency and if there is and Nicholson does not recall him then that tells you all you need to know about he and the manager and any relationship they might have now.

From what I saw of him in his last game for United he was damned lucky to be let on the team coach coming back from Maidstone he was that short of the mark.

It's Charlie Duke who is out on a 28 day loan that commenced on March 10th; so that was supposed to end last Tuesday yet he played for Ashton United at Nantwich yesterday which tells you all about Torquay United and their lack of intent to keep supporters in the picture. So if it is the case and his loan has been extended, then the manager can have no substance if he complains about being unable to fill a bench yesterday. It makes you wonder at times just who is kidding who at TQ1

I had an almighty balling out in the pub garden after the game yesterday by someone affronted at my rudeness and 'lies'. Rudeness I'll admit to; but just what lies they could not or would not quantify. That's because there have been no lies, and when such people tell me I have said so and so when I haven't but reported that somebody else has said something it is not me lying is it; it is me giving out that things have been said where the club (and often the media) refuses to do so and that is why forums grew and exist.

More and more football clubs want to live in a world of secrecy and bullshit, taking the ordinary supporter for granted and losing sight of the fact that without them they would be nothing......so take it from me: (according the officlal Truro City website) Gerring was loaned out for the rest of the season and Duke initially for 28 days which has now elapsed and some but nobody from Torquay United seems to want you to know that.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

merse btpir wrote: 09 Apr 2017, 18:00 Gerring's loan is until the end of the season, not 'for a month' ~ he's finished as a Torquay player not good enough and out of favour!

There might be a '28 day recall clause' in case of emergency and if there is and Nicholson does not recall him then that tells you all you need to know about he and the manager and any relationship they might have now.

From what I saw of him in his last game for United he was damned lucky to be let on the team coach coming back from Maidstone he was that short of the mark.

It's Charlie Duke who is out on a 28 day loan that commenced on March 10th; so that was supposed to end last Tuesday yet he played for Ashton United at Nantwich yesterday which tells you all about Torquay United and their lack of intent to keep supporters in the picture. So if it is the case and his loan has been extended, then the manager can have no substance if he complains about being unable to fill a bench yesterday. It makes you wonder at times just who is kidding who at TQ1

I had an almighty balling out in the pub garden after the game yesterday by someone affronted at my rudeness and 'lies'. Rudeness I'll admit to; but just what lies they could not or would not quantify. That's because there have been no lies, and when such people tell me I have said so and so when I haven't but reported that somebody else has said something it is not me lying is it; it is me giving out that things have been said where the club (and often the media) refuses to do so and that is why forums grew and exist.

More and more football clubs want to live in a world of secrecy and bullshit, taking the ordinary supporter for granted and losing sight of the fact that without them they would be nothing......so take it from me: (according the officlal Truro City website) Gerring was loaned out for the rest of the season and Duke initially for 28 days which has now elapsed and some but nobody from Torquay United seems to want you to know that.
Thanks for the update Merse
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

I hope to get news of the reality of Charlie Duke's situation this evening or by tomorrow. With the embarrassment of only naming four on the bench yesterday, it becomes more and more obvious the club is either not being managed properly or totally mis-directed in a non football friendly manner.

Those concerned have the opportunity to speak out and inform, but they don't....... which is par for the course for this club. Doesn't it even enter their minds that if over 300 people travel to an away game they deserve a truthful explanation why the club didn't name a full complement of subs?
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

It does seem as though the supporters, manager and available squad are fighting both a relegation and a self imposed 5 year plan.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

merse btpir wrote: 09 Apr 2017, 18:19I hope to get news of the reality of Charlie Duke's situation this evening or by tomorrow.
Well I've got it now and the loan will now expire after Ashton's next game against Stafford Rangers this coming Tuesday. It was supposed to be extended with an instant recall however I suppose it depends on the latest injury situation as to whether that happens or not; but the club definitely has the option with the next match in mind.
PlainmoorB0b
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Caldwell

Post by PlainmoorB0b »

Seems simple to me ...

To stay up we will need to (and should) beat Braintree and Ferriby; this will give us 50 points.

I have faith that our goal difference will remain superior - meaning Woking, Braintree and York will all need to win twice more in their remaining four games - given that York and Woking have still to play each other and Braintree have to come here it is very much still on even with our Dover and Lincoln trips... Solihull will need three more points assuming we get those two wins. If we don't get those two results then we have no right to be in this division and deserve to go down - win them and we'll stay up! Keep the faith!
PlainmoorB0b
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Caldwell

Post by PlainmoorB0b »

Further to that burst of blind optimism, though a couple of wins is by no means beyond those clubs (especially York) and Solihull could luck a win through sheer bloody mindedness the fact that these clubs have to play each other (York and Solihull have to play too) means it is extremely unlikely all three will get the required outcomes to finish above us - plus another point at Lincoln or Dover really puts the cat amongst the pigeons - it's clutching st straws and we should be safe by now given the opportunities presented v Sutton and Guiseley but it is definitely doable!!!!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Win the home games and don't get heavily beaten away and I think there's a reasonable chance of staying up.
Another point and I think it's a good chance.

Need to be aware that after Tranmere scored nine yesterday Lincoln might be looking to boost their goal difference, so we mustn't switch off even if we go 2 or 3 down on Friday.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

......and don't forget that with Leyton Orient in their current state they will not get acceptance into the National League unless a transformation of Biblical proportions takes place between now and the end of June, meaning that only the bottom three could constitute this season's relegated teams.