Can we Survive? 10 Games Remaining.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Dazza wrote: 03 Apr 2017, 22:15 Exactly Rob. If we pick up six points it may well fall in our favour.
As Brucie said, there are no good sides in this league, although I would say that Tranmere & Lincoln aren't bad, so there's every possibility that we can pick up points at Aldershot & Dover. We must not give up and we must get behind the team as the fans did on Saturday.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Dazza wrote: 03 Apr 2017, 21:16 i see your advice to get behind the team for the remainder of the season on BTPIR hasn't transplanted too well on here Merse !' What really is the point in criticising the team at this juncture? Yes I,m sure we could all have wished we aren't where we are,but pillarising them at this stage is ridiculous.
For the record this is what I posted on BTPIR:
United will need exceptional support to inspire them this Saturday and with Aldershot being somewhat 'midway' between the English Riviera and the capital, there is every chance of a large turnout as we gradually sink into the abyss and say goodbye to the National League ~ or is there a chance?

In case you haven't noticed David, it's the rendezvous thread on BTPIR with the emphasis on a good day out that we won't let get spoilt by ninety minutes of rubbish. Win or lose on the booze; and even after such sad performances as Maidstone away we've still been in the town until nine at night before before stocking up with a fish & chip supper for the train back to London.

If you think we (as a group) go to games all over the country for the quality of football or in expectation of a win then you're out of your tiny, naive mind. Feck me; I sat in a rabbit hutch at Solihull last week watching possibly the worst two sides I've seen all season (and that includes levels far below the National League) and the only good things about Damson Park (at the second attempt in a month mark you) was the excellent clubhouse and the last gasp winner. I'll remember the night out and the result long after the details of that God-awful game have gone from the memory.

.....and it's been that way for nigh on thirty years now ~ you have to go back way before that since United were a quality football club. I can remember going to Carlisle once and still being up there (well Kirkudbright along the Solway Firth) on the Monday morning with an irate boss and a very irate (now ex) missus back home in London to explain to.

So when I say this team are a serial bunch of losers and quitters I'm just anaesthetising myself for another load of rubbish from the Keystone Kops on Saturday.......and if anything any better transpires, then that's a bonus
Ausgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs -Legend

Post by Ausgull »

The Chester defeat for me was the pivotal game and what with the other teams winning around us its going to be difficult from now on. I cant see us getting anything from the Aldershot and Lincoln games and our fate could easily be decided as early as the 17th April.
I'm angry, dam angry that the current owner (Clark Osbourne ) who promised so much and has given us nothing and they are just waiting for the inevitable to happen and the 5 year plan that they talked about will never happen and if they don't get the freehold of plainmoor they may just walk away and close the doors.
I have been a gulls supporter for over 60years and the way the management of the club has been run for the past few years has been disgraceful and if it wasn't for the Bristows who have put massive amounts of money in the club ,the club would of been in administration years ago.
I will follow the gulls what ever league they are in and I just hope that by some minor miracle that they manage to pick up a few wins over the next five games to retain their National League status.
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

Head - we are down, there is little chance that we will beat Aldershot and we will move further in to the abyss on Saturday.
Heart - there is still a chance and enough games to save us. A big crowd will spur us on.

So I will be at Aldershot on Saturday - heart has to be the winner in these circumstances. Pity a few more at the club haven't used their heads over the last few years...
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

merse btpir wrote: 03 Apr 2017, 23:08...and it's been that way for nigh on thirty years now ~ you have to go back way before that since United were a quality football club. I can remember going to Carlisle once and still being up there (well Kirkudbright along the Solway Firth) on the Monday morning with an irate boss and a very irate (now ex) missus back home in London to explain to.
Reminds me of the time when bording the train for a Southend game that you revealed you'd left the house on the premise of 'popping out for a pint of milk!'
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

..........and I forgot to take one home with me! :clap:
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

York 2.0 down in a game they were expected to win. Certainly helps if they lose this.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

York still 2-0 down after 78 mins.

Southport losing 2-1.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

Well done Bromley.......
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

portugull wrote: 04 Apr 2017, 21:27 York still 2-0 down after 78 mins.

Southport losing 2-1.
Both ended that way, good set of results tonight, especially that York one - I was fully expecting them to win given their recent form. No matter how many recent disappointments (Sutton, Guiseley, Chester) survival is still in our own hands.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

It just goes to show yet again you never know.
Bromley had lost 7 out of the last 9 games but did us a big favour tonight.
Southport surely down now.
Aldershot 4 wins in a row but can they make it 5. You never know!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Southport must be down now.
York result unexpected and although they have easier fixtures they have to play Woking so one or both will drop points.
Slightly more optimistic after tonight.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's not over till the Fatman sings .............
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

Geoff !!!!!