Message to Clarke Osborne

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Message to Clarke Osborne

Post by portugull »

We all watched the Interview but unfortunately, as you well know, the relevant questions were not put to you.

Unless we get in quickly a decent striker and a commanding centre back as a minimum we are going to be relegated.

If you mean business and want to keep us in the National League can you put out a Statement of Intent tomorrow Monday 6th March

We need to hear from you urgently and if we do not will have to assume, as many predict, that you want the Club relegated.

You are the boss now and you call the shots all we the long suffering fans can do is HOPE.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The statement of intent has to be to sack the manager. If he is still here by five o'clock today and we have heard the sum total of bugger all we can safely assume that our national league status is going down the toilet.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I don't really want to hear from him really, mainly due to the fact that it would just be more words and I don't believe any of them.

What I want to see is one of 2 scenarios.

A) Nicholson sadly gets relieved of his duties and a new manager is brought in swiftly and given sufficient funding to be able to stave off relegation. When I say 'new manager' though I don't mean Harrop or anyone else that has any links, however distant to anyone at GI. I don't want a yes man in cahoots with the owners. A fresh face given money to beat the drop. This needs to happen within the next couple of weeks.

B) Nicholson keeps his job and is backed publicly by the owner and given sufficient funding to be able to avert relegation. This must be done within a few weeks.

Anything less than these two scenarios makes it clear to me that Clark Osborne / GI / whoever aren't interested in the slightest about saving and developing the football club which is what many of us suspected all along anyway.

Clark Osborne won't be reading this nor cares about fan messages but the above are just my opinions in black and white what I think about the situation. The club look like they are on the brink of going out of the NL.I think that is obvious to all and leaving things as they stand currently might still work but it's a massive risk. A risk fans don't wish to take. Besides, the fans want to see the colour of GI's money anyway and see them making statements of intent with actions and not tiresome, stage managed sedate in house club tv interviews.

GI have the money and if they truly have the best interests of the club at heart alongside their own interests naturally then they will make either A or B happen soon IMO.

If not they are presumably happy to see the club go down and the reasons for that we can take a good guess at. Only we won't be guessing anymore.

Time will tell.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Yorkieandy wrote: 06 Mar 2017, 11:23 I don't really want to hear from him really, mainly due to the fact that it would just be more words and I don't believe any of them.

What I want to see is one of 2 scenarios.

A) Nicholson sadly gets relieved of his duties and a new manager is brought in swiftly and given sufficient funding to be able to stave off relegation. When I say 'new manager' though I don't mean Harrop or anyone else that has any links, however distant to anyone at GI. I don't want a yes man in cahoots with the owners. A fresh face given money to beat the drop. This needs to happen within the next couple of weeks.

B) Nicholson keeps his job and is backed publicly by the owner and given sufficient funding to be able to avert relegation. This must be done within a few weeks.

Anything less than these two scenarios makes it clear to me that Clark Osborne / GI / whoever aren't interested in the slightest about saving and developing the football club which is what many of us suspected all along anyway.

Clark Osborne won't be reading this nor cares about fan messages but the above are just my opinions in black and white what I think about the situation. The club look like they are on the brink of going out of the NL.I think that is obvious to all and leaving things as they stand currently might still work but it's a massive risk. A risk fans don't wish to take. Besides, the fans want to see the colour of GI's money anyway and see them making statements of intent with actions and not tiresome, stage managed sedate in house club tv interviews.

GI have the money and if they truly have the best interests of the club at heart alongside their own interests naturally then they will make either A or B happen soon IMO.

If not they are presumably happy to see the club go down and the reasons for that we can take a good guess at. Only we won't be guessing anymore.

Time will tell.
:goodpost:

Absolutely Correct!!
TUST MEMBER
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Yorkie we have not got a few weeks or even a couple of weeks. The season ends 7 weeks on Saturday next namely 29th April.

Time is of the essence if we are to avoid relegation. Mr Osborne needs to act now not next week.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Last edited by Yorkieandy on 06 Mar 2017, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Yorkieandy wrote: 06 Mar 2017, 12:56 I completely agree with you Portugull but if we are to be seen as a fair and reasonable bunch (which given what has gone on the past 4 or 5 years is an understatement) and give the pro GI fans no reason to complain about militants amongst the fanbase, then GI must be given a bit of time to decide how they are going to play this and thus it's only fair to allow them at least a few weeks to sort things out IF they are indeed planning any changes.

There are some really tricky games coming up and it's vital that changes are made as soon as possible.

Of course there is a real possibility that bringing in new players and a new manager won't change a thing. York have done exactly that 2 seasons on the spin and will most likely suffer a second successive relegation in just a few weeks time. IMO if the club is rotten to the absolute core then it doesn't really matter what is changed or who is brought in. There just seems to be an invisible negativity over a club that permeates everywhere. I don't know why that is but we've seen it lots of times at lots of different clubs. They lurch from one crisis to another, always struggle and no matter what they do or who they bring in nothing works. Torquay are no different. Just another club who have been run into the ground by successive boards none of them learning any lessons from past mistakes and able to bring positivity and a culture shift.

That said though, spending to get out of this mess must be attempted at all costs. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work. At least we can say GI backed the survival bid and increased their standing amongst the fanbase and at least we can say we had no excuses.

No input from GI whether the club survive or not still leaves fans in complete limbo and they're none the wiser. More uncertainty, more questions than answers and more of the same.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

GI have no interest in football, no knowledge of football and no intention of spending any money on football. They will have probably been wishing for slightly better fortunes on the pitch to help quash the furore following their takeover for a little longer and give them more time to get Council officials more firmly in their pockets but if any good can come from the diabolical state of play on the pitch it may well be that more fans will sooner come to realise that despite their enviable hopes a successful TUFC plays no part whatsoever in their future plans. The club is just a pawn in their game. Any questions put to CO are simply wasted!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

brucie wrote: 06 Mar 2017, 09:59 The statement of intent has to be to sack the manager. If he is still here by five o'clock today and we have heard the sum total of bugger all we can safely assume that our national league status is going down the toilet.
Now gone six o'clock and nothing. Riviera Stadiums may well want to appoint a new manager but who, with the right credentials, would want to take over with only 11 games left?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

nickbrod wrote: 06 Mar 2017, 18:25 Now gone six o'clock and nothing. Riviera Stadiums may well want to appoint a new manager but who, with the right credentials, would want to take over with only 11 games left?
We have harrop as chief whatever, a head of recruitment? Do these 2 realise they will be surplus to requirements in Conf south. It's just crazy, spend £30k on 3/4 decent signings until end of season. That £30k will outweigh the financial losses if relegated
Lucy
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I've honestly got nothing against Nicholson but he is taken us down. Seriously if Nico is here for the next game we well and truly might as well close the doors. It does seem that we are being fed a diet of 100% bullshit.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Head of recruitment, recruitment of footballers? OR business people for the new 5 year plan and new development, know which one I think. Bout time some on here start waking up!!
TUST MEMBER
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Neal wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 08:48 Head of recruitment, recruitment of footballers? OR business people for the new 5 year plan and new development, know which one I think. Bout time some on here start waking up!!
I am as suspicious as you about GI's motives Neal but I think you are being overly paranoid in this case.

This man has spent his entire career as a coach or a scout and comes to us from his previous job as head of recruitment at Yeovil Town. So to suggest he is here to recruit business people (not sure why they would need to recruit business people anyway?) seems a bit far fetched to me.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Quite right Jerry, as a matter of interest who was the guy in the cap to the right of the dugout, standing up, clapping
a lot and encouraging , was that Hedges ?
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Lets wait and see what footballers are recruited then. I think we need them now, not in a couple of years time :)

By the way I hope they do recruit now and prove me wrong, because Conf South wont be a good place to be, I watched Basingstoke on a couple of occasions before they got relegated and it was dire.

Talking about Basingstoke its reminded me. they came up with a novel idea, lets have an academy of youngsters, BUT make them full time. Immediately relegated to the Evo Stick league and now sit proudly mid table :)
TUST MEMBER