Should Nicholson be sacked

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Should Nicholson be sacked

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 454

CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

So, errr, is this happening then or?
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Bleeper wrote: 06 Mar 2017, 22:16 So, errr, is this happening then or?
Ridiculous situation...any other club he would have been gone weeks ago. Joke of a club.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Averaging a point a game over the last 35.
11 games left = 11 points.
35+11 = 46 points and most certainly relegation.

Answer: He should be backed or sacked!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Anyone see the local ITV news last night? The reporter was outside Plainmoor for whatever reason and just happened to come across Kevin Nicholson driving away in his car. He asked Kevin if there was any news (presumably about his own position) and if it was 'business as usual' - Kevin confirmed that it was indeed business as usual and then drove off. That'll be an away defeat to Southport on Saturday then.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think it would be grossly unfair to sack him and then back a new manager with the funds he's desperately needed all season. He proved last season that with a moderate sum he can turn our fortunes around. Give him what he needs and let him do the job he's paid for.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper

Post by DevonYellow »

Southampton Gull wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 16:38 I think it would be grossly unfair to sack him and then back a new manager with the funds he's desperately needed all season. He proved last season that with a moderate sum he can turn our fortunes around. Give him what he needs and let him do the job he's paid for.
Possibly, but then it would be totally understandable if they would rather give funds to their own man.

Also we're not going to be signing an entire new team and the one's we have here appear to have lost all confidence in Nicholson. As had the vast majority of the fans at the end of the game on Saturday. The atmosphere was poisonous, understandably after all we have suffered, and I firmly believe his position is now untenable.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

We have gone from yeah he is definitely gone to now business as usual.. WTF is going on?
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper

Post by DevonYellow »

Business as usual = shite performances, same old excuses from the gaffer, no comment from the club.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Unless the new owners are hatching a massive spending plan and they are going to give us a really nice surprise soon? sadly I feel that they are probably not and if they are not it just goes to show that they have complete and utter contempt for all us fans and watching us all get frustrated from afar, They got the club by default in the end, I guess C/O to be fair has stated that it is going to be a sustainable rebuild, in other words we are going down and are going to start afresh in the next league down, lets be honest they are not going to spend a penny now, its too late and they have resigned to the fact that the team will do what they can and that's that. It's fairly clear and we have to read between the lines from that osbourne statement. like it or lump it nothing more complicated than that. sadly......
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

If we're not going to spend to sustain our National League status what makes anyone think that GI will support the club rebuilding in the Conference South where we will struggle to maintain our professional status and crowds will likely collapse further? Sustainable or not, if GI aren't going to spend now or at least roll the dice then this is very indicative of how they're going to run us. It'll cost them more in the long run to get back up from the South than throwing £30/40k at the playing squad now.

If they let us drop down into the South without any action it's clear their long game is to con the council out of the freehold, not to build a stadium with a sustainable healthy anchor tenant.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

That's not an unfair conclusion. GI who are claiming they saved the club will really be judged by where we end up in the league this year.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

SenorDingDong wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 18:45 If we're not going to spend to sustain our National League status what makes anyone think that GI will support the club rebuilding in the Conference South where we will struggle to maintain our professional status and crowds will likely collapse further? Sustainable or not, if GI aren't going to spend now or at least roll the dice then this is very indicative of how they're going to run us. It'll cost them more in the long run to get back up from the South than throwing £30/40k at the playing squad now.

If they let us drop down into the South without any action it's clear their long game is to con the council out of the freehold, not to build a stadium with a sustainable healthy anchor tenant.
Due to the amount of games left it is becoming very apparent as to GI's motives although many on here worked it out a long time ago, I for one was prepared to give GI the benefit of the doubt unfortunately it appears I for one was wrong. What's more worrying is all the people that are currently receiving payment for their services are doing exactly what they are told and for as long as they can by a group of owners who are inexperienced in football and have an ulterior motive/agenda. All to the detriment of our team and there is sweet fa we can do........I do believe however that the fans will win in the end as we are here for ever, and GI are here until they can't squeeze any profit out of it. if the fans stop going then GI won't make a cent. not much future in that!
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

notnow wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 19:48 Due to the amount of games left it is becoming very apparent as to GI's motives although many on here worked it out a long time ago, I for one was prepared to give GI the benefit of the doubt unfortunately it appears I for one was wrong. What's more worrying is all the people that are currently receiving payment for their services are doing exactly what they are told and for as long as they can by a group of owners who are inexperienced in football and have an ulterior motive/agenda. All to the detriment of our team and there is sweet fa we can do........I do believe however that the fans will win in the end as we are here for ever, and GI are here until they can't squeeze any profit out of it. if the fans stop going then GI won't make a cent. not much future in that!
Said it before the last game, why all the negative chants and abuse towards the players at the end of the game?

Stick two fingers up at the directors box, support the team for 90mins then tell the 'owners' what you think
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper

Post by DevonYellow »

I thought the fans did very well in the circumstances. We've put up with crap display after crap display all season and the vast majority of the time they've taken a lap of honour and got a fecking standing ovation! What sort of message does that send out? That we accept such rubbish?

They've been wrapped in cotton wool for a long time and during the match they had good support. It was only really at the end of the game that the fans decided enough was enough and most of the stick I heard was aimed at the manager.

Perhaps the players need to hear that we expect, no demand, better than that. God knows we deserve it.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

If you're suggesting make your point to GI, forget it. There are no directors, Clarke Osborne's attended I reckon only two games and only his sidekick Chris Rich turns up for every home game so far. Don't know about away fixtures but a good guess is that nobody from GI is present.