Should Nicholson be sacked

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Should Nicholson be sacked

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 454

TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

DevonYellow wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 20:27 I thought the fans did very well in the circumstances. We've put up with crap display after crap display all season and the vast majority of the time they've taken a lap of honour and got a fecking standing ovation! What sort of message does that send out? That we accept such rubbish?

They've been wrapped in cotton wool for a long time and during the match they had good support. It was only really at the end of the game that the fans decided enough was enough and most of the stick I heard was aimed at the manager.

Perhaps the players need to hear that we expect, no demand, better than that. God knows we deserve it.
I agree, the fans were fantastic before the game turned.

unlikely that the fans of -

Guiseley
Braintree
Maidstone United
Woking
North Ferriby United
Southport

are doing the same.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 20:21 Said it before the last game, why all the negative chants and abuse towards the players at the end of the game?

Stick two fingers up at the directors box, support the team for 90mins then tell the 'owners' what you think
Because the players are playing like shite regardless of the ownership? With the team we have on paper, as average as it is, we shouldn't be battling against relegation, being defeated by a team with a defender in goal and losing to 10 men after leading 1-0. They are letting the club down regardless of the off the field shenanigans. There comes a time when people need to take responsibility for their own actions, indeed Nicholson said when he was appointed that he'd never blame lack of finance for his performance...
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

He also told us this would be a team to make us proud!!
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Surely now is the time after the realisation today that there will be no new signings for everyone to get 100% behind Nico, Hererra and the 16 players.
It may be a slim hope but they are our only hope of getting out of this mess. They are getting no help from above so 2+16 along with us supporters surely have to stick together. Sod the rest of them
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

S4fedr1ve wrote: 23 Mar 2017, 20:53 Surely now is the time after the realisation today that there will be no new signings for everyone to get 100% behind Nico, Hererra and the 16 players.
It may be a slim hope but they are our only hope of getting out of this mess. They are getting no help from above so 2+16 along with us supporters surely have to stick together. Sod the rest of them
Absolutely right. If we have any hope of staying in this league, we have got to win our last three home matches. On current form, that's a big ask. But Chester, Braintree and North Ferriby are winnable games with the backing of the fans. Danny, if you're reading this, we need your drum now even more than we did last season ! However, even if we stay up, is there any guarantee or likelihood that there will be investment in the team during the close season, or will we be faced with yet another relegation struggle next season ?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

tomogull wrote: 23 Mar 2017, 23:12 Absolutely right. If we have any hope of staying in this league, we have got to win our last three home matches. On current form, that's a big ask. But Chester, Braintree and North Ferriby are winnable games with the backing of the fans. Danny, if you're reading this, we need your drum now even more than we did last season ! However, even if we stay up, is there any guarantee or likelihood that there will be investment in the team during the close season, or will we be faced with yet another relegation struggle next season ?
Let's get behind Nicholson and the team, its still in our hand.
Lucy
Gull on sea
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Gull on sea »

He needs replacing before its to late, looks like another defeat today. Whats Leroy Rosenior doing these days ?
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Gull on sea wrote: 25 Mar 2017, 16:36 He needs replacing before its to late, looks like another defeat today. Whats Leroy Rosenior doing these days ?
Fat harrop in disguise?
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

A while ago I would have said definately. Now, knowing what going on behind scenes and what he working under, I have changed my mind. I know I have not been able to do my job properly when I have had other things on my mind, especially if the "your'e getting sacked whatever happens", story is true. However, I would say I think he needs to just have them doing shooting practice all week. And why oh why do we always not play short corners, if defence not expecting it, it could do something, look what happened to us a few weeks ago.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Credit where credits due. That was a good away result and our position re Woking is slightly better. I was one of those who voted he should go, but now is the time to give him our full support until the end of the season.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

GI and their collaborators put Nico on 'Death Row' from day one and yet against all adversity he continues to fight the cause when many would have thrown in the towel. He is nothing more than Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire - arise Sir Nico.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Again, I was one of those who wanted Nicho to go, but after all the revelations.. I hope he does the job again and keep us up whilst firmly flicking the bird to GI and fatty whilst shouting **** you.

COME ON NICHO!!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 25 Mar 2017, 17:05 Credit where credits due. That was a good away result and our position re Woking is slightly better. I was one of those who voted he should go, but now is the time to give him our full support until the end of the season.
I think there will be a few revising their thoughts after seeing what appears an unprecedented lack of support GI ownership has given to a TUFC Manager with his team in a relegation battle. A siege mentality based around the under fire Nico for the remainder, may well now be our best shot at safety with this set of players. No new manager will be bringing any players in. We know that much.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Nicho will fight to the end. Lets hope we enjoy a little luck because we are going to need it.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I alsothought it was time for change despite all the Managers efforts. However Harrop alleged actions should not even occur to human beings. We are with you Nicho...