Should Nicholson be sacked

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 454

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Nicholson upon being appointed for the Torquay United job, verbally stated he would never make excuses regarding playing budget, as he knew full well what he was walking into. So does he deserve the opportunity to stay in his job if indeed we are relegated to Conf south or does the club sack him now, while there is a less than slight chance of us staying up. Personally Nicholson has lost the dressing room, and change is needed ( just look at Leicester city, same players no manager, 2 games 2 wins.). But I also feel for Nicholson. The tone of his Facebook and OS report from yesterday suggests he has given up with his players and doesn't have the answers.
Lucy
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

He needs to be relieved of his duties and some how remain part of TUFC.
Academy or Commerial manager if at all possible.
I would get behind a new manager for the rest of the season. Unfortunately KN has lost the goodwill of many TUFC fans.

For KN to remain in post he would need a minor managerial miracle.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

No. Just for interest, who do you suggest takes over? To be fair Nicho is carrying out nothing short of a miracle in what he has to create in readiness for a match. The owners need to be questioned, which they have been but seem not to be interested which is baffling, however, time may tell. IMO I think this thread is completely irrelevant and not going to prove anything.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

notnow wrote: 05 Mar 2017, 18:56 No. Just for interest, who do you suggest takes over? To be fair Nicho is carrying out nothing short of a miracle in what he has to create in readiness for a match. The owners need to be questioned, which they have been but seem not to be interested which is baffling, however, time may tell. IMO I think this thread is completely irrelevant and not going to prove anything.
Trawl the out of work managers and see what comes up.
We need a no nonsense "Atkins" type manager.

11 games of blood and guts not gutless.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Would they though? With the finances available? NO
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Or should he resign...it's difficult because id love it to work out for him...I don't even blame him totally...but if we want to stop relegation we need a throw of the dice
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

Should never have been appointed in the first place.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

If GI meant to run the club they could gt a proven manager in for 11 games on expenses only with the offer of a proper contract and funding for next season if they keep us up.
Nicho could be kept on as assistant as he could provide knowledge and would gain from working with a real manager.
It's a shame therefore that GI don't mean it and are quite happy for us to get relegated.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Perhaps the wine has gone to.my head
...Russell slade has just been sacked...obviusoly we would have him...would he just do a short term job for last 10 or so games...I know it's way below his recent jobs but GI do somethinh
OrpingtonGull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Post by OrpingtonGull »

I can't see how the young Torquay player who scored our first goal against West Brom in the 2-1 win in the friendly on August 1st, can be completely overlooked as he has been, without explanation by Nicho. Realise it was just a friendly, but it was a top effort.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

OrpingtonGull wrote: 05 Mar 2017, 21:46 I can't see how the young Torquay player who scored our first goal against West Brom in the 2-1 win in the friendly on August 1st, can be completely overlooked as he has been, without explanation by Nicho. Realise it was just a friendly, but it was a top effort.
Exactly the same as Ronald Huth, Nicho said at the last fans forum that he can't sign a player after seeing him play, which I must say was the most amazing trial I've witnessed once.. yet now he is/was signing players off the back of recommendations by others and not seeing them play himself!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

OrpingtonGull wrote: 05 Mar 2017, 21:46 I can't see how the young Torquay player who scored our first goal against West Brom in the 2-1 win in the friendly on August 1st, can be completely overlooked as he has been, without explanation by Nicho. Realise it was just a friendly, but it was a top effort.
You mean the Brixham boy Callum Hall ~ what's happened to him this season?

Huth is listed as being back in Paraguay playing for Nacional one of eight Ascuncion teams playing in the Primera Division.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

merse btpir wrote: 05 Mar 2017, 22:02 You mean the Brixham boy Callum Hall ~ what's happened to him this season?

Huth is listed as being back in Paraguay playing for Nacional one of eight Ascuncion teams playing in the Primera Division.
I believe Callum Hall is at Saltash..

What a shame about Ronald Huth, really did look the real deal.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Indeed, Hall is with Saltash. That (the Peninsula League) is a very low level of football
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Ronald Huth - what a game he had, i honestly believe it was a mistake not to sign him

All it would have taken was 1K for him to put a deposit on a flat!