Where do we go from here?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Where do we go from here?

Post by kevgull »

I can't remember feeling this low in all my years of watching TUFC. Its a cruel game at times and today was no exception! :'(

Is it time for the Board to step forward and make the necessary changes or was this just another bad day at the office, again?

If we were to lose the next 2 or 3 games the points mountain we will need to avoid the drop into Regonal Football will surely be too high to climb.

My thoughts are:

Relieve KN of all managerial duties and put Harrop in temporary charge.

Return all loaned players who have not made a significant impact to the matchday playing squad and bring in players who will.

Quickly calculate the impact of future revenues if we were to get relegated and then attempted to mitigate these, by offering bonuses should the squad retain our National League status.

What would you advise, knowing time is of the essence?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

A different face is needed. I don't think Harrop is the answer to be fair but let's face it; it can't get any worse.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Putting Geoff Harrop in charge is DEFINTELY NOT the answer, but why would he want the job anyway - he must have one of the "cushiest" jobs in football and would be totally daft to put all that at risk for the chance to be a Manager.

As for the loan players, I agree, send them all back - Nicho has got is strategy on this all wrong - yes he got it right with Kieffer Moore and David Fitzpatrick, Jared Hodgkiss too but there are also half a dozen that he has borrowed that he quite simply hasn't used .... Scrivens, Alambu, Palfrey ,Rooney, McCoulsky, Lee, Crichlow, Keating et al ... Nicho should have done better research before bringing these players in and wasting everyone's time!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

hector wrote: 04 Mar 2017, 21:07 A different face is needed. I don't think Harrop is the answer to be fair but let's face it; it can't get any worse.
I was always told " Never go to your Manager with a problem unless you have a solution"

Sometime it takes the bleedin obvious!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

CP Gull wrote: 04 Mar 2017, 21:10 Putting Geoff Harrop in charge is DEFINTELY NOT the answer, but why would he want the job anyway - he must have one of the "cushiest" jobs in football and would be totally daft to put all that at risk for the chance to be a Manager.

As for the loan players, I agree, send them all back - Nicho has got is strategy on this all wrong - yes he got it right with Kieffer Moore and David Fitzpatrick, Jared Hodgkiss too but there are also half a dozen that he has borrowed that he quite simply hasn't used .... Scrivens, Alambu, Palfrey ,Rooney, McCoulsky, Lee, Crichlow, Keating et al ... Nicho should have done better research before bringing these players in and wasting everyone's time!
Should read, temporary charge until a more suitable replacement can be found 😉
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

CP Gull wrote: 04 Mar 2017, 21:10 Nicho should have done better research before bringing these players in and wasting everyone's time!

I've just outlined on another thread the tale of a compatriot of my son who is suffering the same fate at a relegation threatened club ~ tough times call for tough characters and so many of the academy loanees are weak in mentality and physicality.

Not so another of his mates ~ Kyron Farrell on loan at Braintree from Millwall on a loan agreement to the end of the season. He's a man in a boy's age group who grew up tough on the estates and in the football cages of Islington and takes no shit from anyone. Result? He's nearly always in Hakan Heyrettin's squad ~ excepting of course on the night I went to watch him sit the game out from start to finish ~ but you HAVE to do your homework on these players and Nicholson just doesn't have the time what with coaching daily, keeping himself fit to play, all the community work he has undertaken until eventually (just before he is likely to lose his job) a head of recruitment turns up paid for by the new owners who everybody is slagging off for 'not spending their money'.

What did Nicho do on his Wednesday off last week? Attend the business breakfast which in itself is laudable; but doesn't help the current situation on the pitch one iota
Last edited by merse btpir on 04 Mar 2017, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I thought you'd accepted his reasons during your phone call?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

I haven't said I don't accept his reasons.......what I am saying is the whole situation is tailor made for disaster.

What will get him sacked is the appalling match management and subsequent results and position in the relegation places Dave. You know that; I know that and he knows that!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Agreed it's tailor made for disaster but that is definitely not his fault. His position is untenable now whatever the root causes, I just hate seeing a loyal clubman being left so isolated.
Dave

DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

As the director's box was all but empty today how do we, as fans, get the message to the owners that enough is enough and we won't tolerate that sort of performance and lame excuses anymore?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Loyal clubmen will always fall second to survival especially when new owners come in Dave. Again; you know that........

that they have been seeking his replacement for a couple of weeks before applying the coup de grace is nothing unusual in professional football. There is an old saying: "A good chairman always knows his next manager"
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

DevonYellow wrote: 04 Mar 2017, 21:46 As the director's box was all but empty today how do we, as fans, get the message to the owners that enough is enough and we won't tolerate that sort of performance and lame excuses anymore?
Or might the people who really are deciding the football side of the club sitting in a better vantage point than that ridiculous place behind the goal because it is nearest to the bar?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

How isn't it his fault exactly?

He is the manager and we have just lost two matches in dismal fashion. Just when we needed two wins we were handed both games on a plate and somehow lost both of them.

Whatever you think of Nicholson after those two results he just has to go - no one can justify our current position.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 04 Mar 2017, 21:48 Or might the people who really are deciding the football side of the club sitting in a better vantage point than that ridiculous place behind the goal because it is nearest to the bar?
That's reassuring. If they were there at end they can have little doubt.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

He's been isolated for the duration of this season. No experienced manager would have stuck at it like he has as was proved only last season. Decision after decision has backfired and each time he's left to carry the burden on his own. He's not stupid, his name is doing the rounds!
Dave