Mark Yates in Bristows

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

just wondering how much it would cost to pay Nicho off.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Bleeper wrote: 04 Mar 2017, 22:14 I'm sure Nicho would have heard about the fact his employer is looking for his replacement whilst trying to stop a sinking ship, Nicho must be helpless in knowing his time is coming to an end..
It's quite a common situation and one which ALL aspiring managers need to prepare and be prepared for.

It's quite common place now for managerial contracts to contain penalty clauses and review periods that are put in within the express intention of making removing the incumbent cheaper for the employer. Points targets to be attained per stipulated groups of games; league positions that determine how much compensation is due weighted in the club's favour for lower ones and especially the relegation spots so from you can take it from this that there has never been a 'cheaper' time to sack the manager than this week.

Deny the manager you want rid of funds, and you effectively make him cheaper to sack; do you get my drift?

Yet all this is with the approval of the League Managers' Association, the 'trade union' of the team bosses, their assistants and coaches.

Of course Nicho would have heard; I personally know of only one manager who's sacking came as a complete and utter shock to him and such a shock that he decided there and then never to apply for another job in football again after a lifetime playing and more latterly managing in the game and in doing so achieving the targets he was set, but he fell foul of the desire for a much courted new investor in the club who wanted a different manager in that he lost his job............came back to bite that club on the arse though as their intended investor renaged on his word and never joined the board!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Is the presence of Mark Yates a sign of who to expect as the new manager or does he just enjoy the bay on his weekends?
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Bleeper wrote: 04 Mar 2017, 23:53 Is the presence of Mark Yates a sign of who to expect as the new manager or does he just enjoy the bay on his weekends?
It was purely an observation which I felt worth sharing, I have never seen him there before, I guess he could have been on holiday but I doubt it as he wasn't wearing shorts and sandles. He also left half way through the second half
Leaving his programme complete with notes under his seat, which I happened to pick up at the end of game (if you would like it back Mark please reply and I will happily return) He may have been scouting, but highly unlikely with the quality we have displayed lately.
Terry Henry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Terry Henry »

notnow wrote: 05 Mar 2017, 06:54 It was purely an observation which I felt worth sharing, I have never seen him there before, I guess he could have been on holiday but I doubt it as he wasn't wearing shorts and sandles. He also left half way through the second half
Leaving his programme complete with notes under his seat, which I happened to pick up at the end of game (if you would like it back Mark please reply and I will happily return) He may have been scouting, but highly unlikely with the quality we have displayed lately.
What did it say? "Note to self: don't touch this lot with a bargepole?".
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

He scribbled a mustache on Nicho so obviously he must be after his job! Only joking, he had scribbled the players numbers and formations and something about "whip corners" whatever that means....
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

notnow wrote: 05 Mar 2017, 06:54 It was purely an observation which I felt worth sharing, I have never seen him there before, I guess he could have been on holiday but I doubt it as he wasn't wearing shorts and sandles. He also left half way through the second half
Apart from Luke Young who clearly deserves to be playing at a higher level :(
Mr Burnz
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sako

Post by Mr Burnz »

Just a hunch but I suspect Yates was there scouting for Aldershot, who play Guiseley next.

Ex manager of Crawley, suspect he lives in and around there, aldershot not that far.....

As I say, just a hunch.

Seems more plausible then him taking over this shower of shite!
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Mr Burnz wrote: 05 Mar 2017, 11:13 Just a hunch but I suspect Yates was there scouting for Aldershot, who play Guiseley next.

Ex manager of Crawley, suspect he lives in and around there, aldershot not that far.....

As I say, just a hunch.

He's from Kidderminster? He played for Cheltenham for many years and Managed them, I guess the fact that he left his seat and ditched his programme he probably legged it out the ground a bit sharp like as he had seen enough to realise that the team were as much use as a one legged man in an ass kicking competition.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Mr Burnz wrote: 05 Mar 2017, 11:13 Just a hunch but I suspect Yates was there scouting for Aldershot, who play Guiseley next.

As I say, just a hunch.

:goodpost:
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.