Breaking Cover

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

The video is a nice piece of propaganda with prearranged questions, not a proper interview.

Some pertinent questions are neatly avoided, such as - How did you acquire the club? How much are you going to put in immediately so that the manager can bring some quality players who can get goals and keep us up? Will you give fans an assurance that TUFC will not leave Plainmoor until the new stadium is ready?

I hope that Clarke Osborne and GI are here to save the club, create a sustainable business and see us rise up through a couple of tiers. But as others have said, talk is cheap and CO giving up 17 minutes of his time to make this video is not going to convince me that they are here for the best interests of the club.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Plain fact is with this squad we are going down. We need to strengthen and quickly. No evidence that its going to happen.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Plain fact is with this squad we are going down. We need to strengthen and quickly. No evidence that its going to happen.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

I cannot believe what ive just seen on that interview, stage-managed bullshit, no searching questions. Spoke more about opening a swanky new ground with the associated "income streams", an academy that cannot possibly get off the ground and GI's and Geoff Harrops expertise. Give me a f...ing break. We are a Football Club (of sorts) not a leisure facility that provide shops, cinemas and a bit of conference south fare here and there.

What about these for the next interview :

What has happened to all GI's previous projects ?
Will Nicholson or any other manager or possibly Geoff Harrop be given funds to buy 4/5 players in - and not on £300 per week ?
What is the point of a new ground when we will be in Conference South ?
Are the team still travelling by horse and cart to away games?

Anyone still backing this character must be potty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Mr Osborne needs to understand that his grand new stadium will not make any money if the football team isn't making any. Whatever money he has set aside for a new stadium should first be put into getting the team back into the Football League. When the team is successful, then a new stadium could be a viable possibility. But if we sink further down the leagues, all his dreams will come to nothing. Unless, of course, he is only interested in property development..

By the way, I just realised he was wearing sunglasses. Why was he wearing sunglasses? Bad sign.. :-/
Last edited by Gullscorer on 04 Mar 2017, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Gullscorer wrote: 04 Mar 2017, 17:37 I just realised he was wearing sunglasses. Why was he wearing sunglasses? Bad sign.. :-/
Glaucoma? Certainly no reason to wear them in Torquay in March otherwise.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

WELL, TELL ME WHO ELSE IS THERE ? NOBODY THATS WHO SO WE WILL HAVE TO GET ON WITH WHAT WE HAVE. SAD BUT TRUE
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

ROADRUNNER wrote: 04 Mar 2017, 17:53 WELL, TELL ME WHO ELSE IS THERE ? NOBODY THATS WHO SO WE WILL HAVE TO GET ON WITH WHAT WE HAVE. SAD BUT TRUE
Thanks for using capitals, wouldnt have been able to read it otherwise!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

THAT WAS FOR YOU ROB, LOL!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

MellowYellow wrote: 03 Mar 2017, 17:20 Incidentally, in the year 2000 for the chairman of Lincoln City re purchased the ground off the council for £175k. So someone must have made a few bob out of the sale of the ground for £2.13 million.

Interesting to know what will happen if Lincoln win the Championship or get promoted. I thought Conference grounds had to be upgraded to league standard (presumably because of any potential promotion). Yet there they sit, on the verge of promotion, dropping down in terms of ground standards to Conference North facilities. OK, they got National league permission to do so but does that mean they will have to refuse promotion as the football league wont accept a team playing in a temporary ground with those standards, even with the upgrades mentioned.
This story is from 1st April 2016, a date that should be taken into account.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

A smooth performance from Osborne, saying just enough but not too much and fairly loose promises/confirmations.

Interesting that he stated that RSL was not a subsidiary of GI. Companies House records suggest different.

Whilst Osborne is recorded as the sole director of Riviera, RSL has an issued Share Capital of 1000 x £1 shares, and the documents filed show Gaming International Limited as the sole shareholder owning all the issued shares (i.e. 1000). In my understanding that does indeed make Riviera Stadium Limited a wholly owned subsidiary of Gaming International Limited.

Osborne if you are going to be frugal with the truth, you should at least try to ensure Public Documents correspond with your statements.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Gloomy Gull wrote: 05 Mar 2017, 18:37Interesting that he stated that RSL was not a subsidiary of GI. Companies House records suggest different.
Whilst Osborne is recorded as the sole director of Riviera, RSL has an issued Share Capital of 1000 x £1 shares, and the documents filed show Gaming International Limited as the sole shareholder owning all the issued shares (i.e. 1000). In my understanding that does indeed make Riviera Stadium Limited a wholly owned subsidiary of Gaming International Limited.
Is that so ~ where do you find that information?
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 2/officers

https://check-business.co.uk/business/1 ... um-limited
Tells us that there is 1 major shareholder listed for RIVIERA STADIUM LIMITED with Gaming International Limited owning the most shares by value but that is not Companies House and they don't quantify that information.

edit: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docu ... zeDwxQU%3D

this pdf tells us that Gaming International own the initial shareholding of 1,000 x£1 shares.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Do you think getting relegated would improve or not improve GI obvious goal in aquiring plainmoor and subsequently the multi purpose stadia they want
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

DARK GLASSES he does not want to be recognized.