Would you go and watch Torquay United in the Conference South?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Would you go and watch Torquay United in the Conference South?

Yes - season ticket/ regular attendance
15%
Yes - but only the odd game
37%
Maybe - it would depend on who was in charge
13%
No - I would give up completely
35%

Total votes: 545

United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Another flag not shown in that shot says something along the lines of 'More Flags Than Fans'. Which reminded me of a game a few seasons ago when Witham visited Longmead.... one fan, one flag... and he sang he bloody heart out! If (and I hope it's a very big 'IF") we capitulate and drop down yet another Division, some of the grounds/fans that we are going to meet along the way will be an eye-opener for some (Whitehawk's ground makes Plainmoor look like the Camp Nou!). Let's hope it doesn't happen!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

I would travel over from Norway as usual.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I get your point Merse but it would take me a long time to accept Torquay at that level, it may be easier if you have moved away for a while and watched lower league football alongside following Torquay but it is hard not to see us as a fallen league club as thats what we are. In time I am sure it
would be an enjoyable experience as you say but the thought of Nat South or lower horrifies and depresses me, but....I think it is going to happen
I dont think this Torquay team has the guts, fight and character to get out of this, I hope they read this and are thinking "we'll show you you **shole"
Go on Torquay prove me wrong !
On another issue I see Iffy Allen has signed for Wrexham on a short term deal after leaving Aldershot at Christmas, he did well for us and could have replaced Fitzpatrick or couldnt GI afford his wages for a few months
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

It's obviously crude as a survey but these things have a habit of not being too far wrong. So by sheer negligence we are likely to lose a third of our crowd next year. Negligence yes negligence. By players ( there are more lower budgets than relegation spots) management so they are underperforming, KN - his fitness regime statistically produces the reverse in terms of times of conceding goals and still the guru is in the box with him every home game, and club 'management' - look at the deteriorating record since GI took over.