National League games tonight

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Why am picturing Kev Nicholson / GI shuffling Deckchairs on the Titanic
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

Terrible set of results. This feels so different to last season when we had a strong side, belief and momentum.

Something needs to change to get us out of this.

Someone get on the phone to Ipswich and beg them to let us have Kieffer for 12 games.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Nicholson says things change very quickly in football, well they bloody better do or we are going down
Time for the talking to stop, we need wins NOW, and a decent striker by saturday, Harrop, GI whoever is in charge pay
what it takes or dont you care, probably not
As for our players, you better wake up NOW and show some real fight and passion, the fans wont stomach another
gutless pathetic embarrassing display like last saturday
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

desperado wrote: 28 Feb 2017, 22:33 Nicholson says things change very quickly in football, well they bloody better do or we are going down
Time for the talking to stop, we need wins NOW, and a decent striker by saturday, Harrop, GI whoever is in charge pay
what it takes or dont you care, probably not
As for our players, you better wake up NOW and show some real fight and passion, the fans wont stomach another
gutless pathetic embarrassing display like last saturday
Quite right!

Cost of a decent striker until the end of the season = maybe £12-£15k.
Cost of relegation to the National League South = unquantifiable but the club will die. If more than 500 people came to game one I would be shocked.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

We will not get a decent striker and the club will be relegated and die, this is what GI want.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

6667GULL wrote: 01 Mar 2017, 09:43 We will not get a decent striker and the club will be relegated and die, this is what GI want.
Made me think that last statement. Financially it probably would not be that catastrophic for GI if the actual football club did die. It would save money in the short term if the club went bust. But it would be without a tenant if/when a new ground was built, mmmmmm interesting. I would guess the best outcome for GI, is for us to get relegated, lower wages in Conf South for a few years while all the stuff concerning a new ground is sorted. Club goes part time, low wgaes for all. Yep makes sense. All you have to do is a bit a PR on all the naïve and gullible fans, saying we have these plans looking forward to be a league club again (laugh out loud) , say "This will NEVER happen again" (again laugh out loud). We have a great new squad for Conf South and will be aiming for promotion (gee I cant stop laughing now). its a bloody good comedy!!
TUST MEMBER
Ausgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs -Legend

Post by Ausgull »

If we lose at home on Saturday against Guiseley ,I cannot see us getting out of the bottom four.
The buck has to stop with Nico as he got the majority of the current squad together with some very poor signings.
I'm fed up with hearing the same excuses every other week its getting like a broken record.
Alarm bells should be ringing already.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Ausgull wrote: 01 Mar 2017, 10:49 If we lose at home on Saturday against Guiseley ,I cannot see us getting out of the bottom four.
The buck has to stop with Nico as he got the majority of the current squad together with some very poor signings.
I'm fed up with hearing the same excuses every other week its getting like a broken record.
Alarm bells should be ringing already.
:goodpost:

It shows how far our standards have dropped when people are still defending his record.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

On the bright side, we should be nice and fresh for Saturday, with a proper striker coming in but don't hold your breath!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Looks like its all over. As soon as we hit the bottom four I more or less thought that would be it. Basically it would appear that we are nowhere near good enough to obtain the requisite number of points to beat the drop with the squad and management we have got.

The notion that we are going to get in a quality player or to seems absurd to me. The owners seem to be everything that we thought they would be (and a whole bit more)

The team we have is nowhere near good enough to beat the drop - that's why we have ended up in the bottom four. Its a must win game on Saturday but realistically we will probably lose again.

Alarm bells should have been ringing at the start of the new year not now.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

12 games left with 36 points available and we need at least half of those, the equivalent of six wins. Sadly it isn't going to happen with this manager and HIS squad.
Saturday's attendance figure could be telling, giving a taste of what to expect next season.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Neal wrote: 01 Mar 2017, 10:47 Made me think that last statement. Financially it probably would not be that catastrophic for GI if the actual football club did die. It would save money in the short term if the club went bust. But it would be without a tenant if/when a new ground was built, mmmmmm interesting. I would guess the best outcome for GI, is for us to get relegated, lower wages in Conf South for a few years while all the stuff concerning a new ground is sorted. Club goes part time, low wgaes for all. Yep makes sense. All you have to do is a bit a PR on all the naïve and gullible fans, saying we have these plans looking forward to be a league club again (laugh out loud) , say "This will NEVER happen again" (again laugh out loud). We have a great new squad for Conf South and will be aiming for promotion (gee I cant stop laughing now). its a bloody good comedy!!
I am not sure relegation is in GI's interest. National league south football will probably see attendances in the region of 400 to 600. If GI wants a new stadium in the bay then it needs something in it to attract a sizeable crowd in order to profit from it, a NL South club are not going to attract those sort of crowds.
As for a striker we have one in Williams who has been wasted for most of the season by Nicholson. If Williams had been used earlier in a manner in keeping with his style of play then we might not be in this mess now. Part of the problem now is that GI have no experience of football. If a football savvy consortium had taken over they probably would have had a replacement for Nicholson in tow.
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Plainmoor78 wrote: 01 Mar 2017, 13:57 I am not sure relegation is in GI's interest. National league south football will probably see attendances in the region of 400 to 600. If GI wants a new stadium in the bay then it needs something in it to attract a sizeable crowd in order to profit from it, a NL South club are not going to attract those sort of crowds.
As for a striker we have one in Williams who has been wasted for most of the season by Nicholson. If Williams had been used earlier in a manner in keeping with his style of play then we might not be in this mess now. Part of the problem now is that GI have no experience of football. If a football savvy consortium had taken over they probably would have had a replacement for Nicholson in tow.
I agree - how can they hope to build a stadium without an anchor tenant...!

unless of course they build a tiny pee wee stadium for c.4000 surrounded by outlets and 500 new houses. That may be the plan.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

I see the odds on us being relegated have been slashed significantly maybe should have placed a bet there instead of top6 at beginning of season.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Where are we in the league?

I am seeing on BBC that were 18th.

Im seeing post on facebook that we are 21st?