National League games tonight

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 01 Mar 2017, 17:37 Where are we in the league?

I am seeing on BBC that were 18th.

Im seeing post on facebook that we are 21st?
BBC = Fake news!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 01 Mar 2017, 13:57 I am not sure relegation is in GI's interest. National league south football will probably see attendances in the region of 400 to 600. If GI wants a new stadium in the bay then it needs something in it to attract a sizeable crowd in order to profit from it, a NL South club are not going to attract those sort of crowds.
As for a striker we have one in Williams who has been wasted for most of the season by Nicholson. If Williams had been used earlier in a manner in keeping with his style of play then we might not be in this mess now. Part of the problem now is that GI have no experience of football. If a football savvy consortium had taken over they probably would have had a replacement for Nicholson in tow.
But they have. Harrop is his name :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lucy
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

I couldn't really care less who is in charge Harrop, Peter Fox, even Steve fecking Evans as long as we got some wins and stayed up.

It's vital we don't slip out of this division but if we don't change something that's exactly what will happen.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 01 Mar 2017, 13:57

I am not sure relegation is in GI's interest. National league south football will probably see attendances in the region of 400 to 600. If GI wants a new stadium in the bay then it needs something in it to attract a sizeable crowd in order to profit from it, a NL South club are not going to attract those sort of crowds.
Our location goes against us here again!

If we were in the north we could "look forward" to games against our former league rivals Kiddy, Halifax, Stockport and Darlo (Boston and Bradford PA were both in the league previously as well) plus FC United and Salford City.

Instead we have Truro and Weston-super-Mare!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

....or maybe even Whitby Town...
M_Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: None

Post by M_Gull »

The results couldn't have been worse for us but this is what happens when you play poorly almost every match and fail to beat a team with a player in goal
Can't rely on the teams around us to lose as well.
This weekend is a must win for us
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Last weekend was a must win too.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
M_Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: None

Post by M_Gull »

Maidstone v southport
North ferriby v Woking
Some big games this weekend
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Burnhamgull wrote: 02 Mar 2017, 20:05 Last weekend was a must win too.
Every game now is a must win mate..... :-/

I'd rather have lost to barrow and got a point v Sutton....
At least we'd have been better off..... :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 02 Mar 2017, 21:44 Every game now is a must win mate..... :-/

I'd rather have lost to barrow and got a point v Sutton....
At least we'd have been better off..... :@
How do you work that one out? Sutton ain't getting relegated, trust me.
Lucy
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

lucy6lucy wrote: 03 Mar 2017, 01:56 How do you work that one out? Sutton ain't getting relegated, trust me.

Because at least we'd have been a point closer to them rather than losing two points to them.
Anyway as we know anything can happen.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

4.0 defeat for Braintree last night, who are now 6 points above us having played one more game.
We now have a significantly better goal difference than everyone at the bottom except Guisely.
In a much better position in the table than last season. Performances against the better teams suggest the players are good enough to stay up. But do they have the fight for it this time?
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

standupsitdown wrote: 08 Mar 2017, 08:00 4.0 defeat for Braintree last night, who are now 6 points above us having played one more game.
We now have a significantly better goal difference than everyone at the bottom except Guisely.
In a much better position in the table than last season. Performances against the better teams suggest the players are good enough to stay up. But do they have the fight for it this time?
This time last season we also had a far superior team on an upwards swing of form and the two bottom teams were more adrift (5 and 8 points adrift respectively). This season we have a team in dire form and getting worse, worse players and we're only 4 points off rock bottom. Plus our performances against lower half teams are appalling and we have a six pointer coming up against Southport, if we lose that Southport (currently bottom) will be a single point behind us.

I think it's hard to suggest that we're in a better situation than this point last year. Goal difference is the only positive.