If we don't win at Solihull on Tuesday...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Should Nicho and Herrera be relieved of their duties?

Poll ended at 01 Mar 2017, 20:55

Yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes: 328

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

If GI are going to sack Nicholson and install harrop as the knight in silver lining(with money no doubt to invest). They better do it ASAP.
Lucy
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

IF we lose on Tuesday They should go.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

If GI's plan is to replace Nico with Harrop, what are they waiting for?

Everybody and his dog can see that's the likely outcome so whyhave they not just put Nico out of his misery and given Harrop the reins?

I'll be in Solihull tomorrow night.............somebody shoot me.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I may be wrong but my impression of the two key GI figures - Clarke Osborne (been twice since 'taking over') and Chris Rich - from observing them in the Directors' Box is that they know very little about football.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

nickbrod wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 20:44 I may be wrong but my impression of the two key GI figures - Clarke Osborne (been twice since 'taking over') and Chris Rich - from observing them in the Directors' Box is that they know very little about football.
They don't have to know anything about football.

They've got money and no resistance.

It's happy days for them.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

I bet they have plenty of resistance Andy. !
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

What I meant about 'knowing very little about football' is that I don't believe they understand the importance a football supporter gives to care passionately about their football club and all the emotions attached. Neither do I get the impression that they have any idea about how it matters who is the manager of a club nor the implications about relegation.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

If we go down the board should starting planning for future gates of below 1000

Probable revenues to drop by at least 25 ~ 30 %
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Burnhamgull wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 20:04 I'll be in Solihull tomorrow night.............somebody shoot me.
So will I; but not to shoot you; indeed don't worry about shooting ~ it's not a thing Torquay United appear to know much about!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Travelling to Solihull? I hope Merse that you'll find out some details about what's going on (or actually isn't going on). Or maybe be around to witness the opening of the exit door.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Well I'm spending the night after the game in Birmingham so won't be on line until the following evening. Looks a God-forsaken ground to get to from the station (s) and not much of a ground either...........good preparation for National League South I'd say!
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Sacking their manager got quite a reaction from the Leicester players tonight and CR had achieved a hell of a lot more than our incumbent head coach.
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

We have got 25 points from games against teams in the current top half of the table and only 10 from teams in the bottom half. Why are we struggling against part time players when we can compete against full timers? Perhaps it is an attitude problem and we don't approach the games with the smaller teams with the same determination to compete. If we don't get it right tonight we will lose again.
Part timers aren't just players who didn't make the grade full time and some are high flying professionals in their chosen careers. I know that Gaz Dean who played for Nuneaton when they were in the National League and was capped at England C level is a graduate engineer who works for JLR and manages people in his day job. Similarly Andy Brown who also played in that team is Head of English at a school and manages children! Playing football is probably a bit of light relief from the day job for them! There will be several others like them currently playing in the National League who are probably under less pressure to perform than their full time counterparts in other teams. We need to get into the part time teams from the kick off and not let them settle if we are going to get anything from the games against them.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Everyone is blaming Nicho for Harrad being paid £850 a week but surely Nicho doesn't do contract negotiations? Isn't that up to the Chairman or someone at board level?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Terry Henry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Terry Henry »

PhilGull, that's what I keep thinking too. Surely not everything can be levelled at Nicho? I know he is basically the only person who comes out and says anything to the fans and does appear to be running the club single-handedly, but surely he doesn't come up with the contracts? Implying that high wages being paid is somehow his fault seems a bit unfair, to me.