If we don't win at Solihull on Tuesday...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Should Nicho and Herrera be relieved of their duties?

Poll ended at 01 Mar 2017, 20:55

Yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes: 328

CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

If we don't win at Solihull on Tuesday...

Post by CraigUnder »

Created a poll to gage after Saturdays atrocious loss to Sutton, the thoughts on the management team..
A simple yes or no answer.. I know that GI probably won't sack them etc etc but this is the thoughts of each poster irrespective of outside influences!

Get voting! :)
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Can only assume those voting no want it done before then!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

We won't!
Solihull Moors (0) 1
TUFC (0) 0

Att:673
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote: 26 Feb 2017, 23:04 We won't!
Solihull Moors (0) 1
TUFC (0) 0
Att:673
Ah Wivel - what happened to the Seasiders again ?? Just like last week, winning at half time and then going on to lose at home. This time to promotion rivals Stoubridge. Sorry to say, Wivel - it looks as if the Whitby bubble has burst. :'(
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Who would you want instead? As I've said before, lets offer some alternatives that can be discussed rather than assuming everything will be fine and dandy if Nicholson is removed.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

There is a third option and one let's face it we have used before. Whenever we were in situations like this under Mike Bateson, he would bring in an experienced "firefighter" to help our young management team out - examples would be Neil Warnock, Colin Lee, Ian Atkins etc. Now it may well be that Nicho wouldn't accept such a situation but personally I think he should welcome it with open arms - he clearly needs help with certain aspects of the game .... team selection, formations, game management, substitutions etc and another more experienced pair of eyes could only be of benefit surely.

There are plenty of out of work Managers who would happily come down here for a couple of months, maybe at little or no cost in the way that both Alan Knill and Paul Cox have both done recently.

Whether they want paying what they are worth, or not, surely it would be money well spent "pushing the boat" out for a couple of months wages if it could save our NL Status?

Off the top of my head, someone like Micky Adams, Danny Wilson, Brian McDermott, Paul Sturrock (if he is well enough), or even Colin Lee himself might be options. There are definitely people of that ilk out there and I genuinely believe that Nicho needs some help ... and I don't mean Geoff Harrop who (apart from 1 game for us) has never managed in adult football as far as I am aware.

Now some of those out of work Managers might consider themselves above our sort of level and out of our price range but they might just consider it for a couple of months to get themselves back in work and back in the shop window.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

I look on this thread with fascination because I was labelled 'obsessive' for consistently pointing out the bleedin' obvious that ~ for whatever reason ~ the management of Kevin Nicholson and Robbie Herrera is not working, and they need to be replaced.

Solihull Moors have an up and coming young manager; 31 year old Liam McDonald who is 'mentored' by Keith Bertschin; and McDonald had already managed at Redditch and Hednesford when he got the Moors' job in November.

As with Hargreaves; United gift their management jobs out to boardroom favourite ex-players with not a consideration as to their lack of experience or know how of how to do the job of MANAGING not coaching.

It's the stupidity in the boardroom that has done for this club and I am wondering just who will be there tomorrow to learn and observe just what is going on and make comparisons with a much smaller club, part-time with a smaller budget....Thea and her clackers as usual?
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

If we can afford to get rid of Nicholson and Herrera and/or bring in an experiences alternative then surely we can afford to give them some money to sign a half decent centre forward?
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 10:00 I am wondering just who will be there tomorrow to learn and observe just what is going on and make comparisons with a much smaller club, part-time with a smaller budget....Thea and her clackers as usual?
A point not lost on me before the game against Sutton on Saturday. Just before kick off I looked around at the Directors Box and in the "away" side there must have been half a dozen Sutton directors and their wives/partners all proudly kitted out in their club blazers and I looked at the "home side" and it's the usual faces Thea, Mervyn Benney, Ian Hayman plus maybe one or two "faceless" representatives of GI - no one has ever officially come forward and introduced themselves as the new owners to the fans and have had little or no media contact either.

The contrast was marked, these (Sutton) guys are almost certainly long standing fans who have put lots of time and money along with plenty of blood, sweat and tears no doubt into building their little club up into the best it could possibly be and they are now (through the FA Cup run) on the verge of reaping the rewards for all their hard work. Whilst our lot (the GI representatives that is) are only there because they "have to be" - or so it seems to me, and will be long gone once they have made (or lost) their money on TUFC. Unlike the Sutton Directors who will probably be carrying on supporting their team, home and away, until their dotage or demise,

How many of the lot that were there on Saturday will bother with a trip to Solihull on a (probably) wet and windy night on Tuesday? Well, Thea might I guess, but would anyone be that surprised if there was no one there?

There is an overwhelming sense of feeling that no one in charge really cares anymore and for all their faults you couldn't direct that criticism at the likes of David Phillios, the Balsoms and the Kerswells ... but then again, who put is in this situation in the first place?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

northlondongull wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 10:02If we can afford to get rid of Nicholson and Herrera and/or bring in an experiences alternative then surely we can afford to give them some money to sign a half decent centre forward?
Well it is being claimed from a reliable and recognised honest source that he has spunked £850 a week on Harrad; so do Nicholson and Hererra know one when or if they see one?

Do you honestly feel their tactical appreciation warrants being given any more money or would be better entrusted to somebody else?
Last edited by merse btpir on 27 Feb 2017, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

CP Gull wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 10:41
How many of the lot that were there on Saturday will bother with a trip to Solihull on a (probably) wet and windy night on Tuesday? Well, Thea might I guess, but would anyone be that surprised if there was no one there? There is an overwhelming sense of feeling that no one in charge really cares anymore
I'll tell you who will be there on Tuesday: Trevor Stevens, the Moors chairman is a former player, coach and manager of the Solihull Borough reserve team having previously taken an amateur side ~ Birmingham Celtic ~ on an upwardly mobile trajectory of spectacular proportions........

He won't be there playing with a child's toy whilst the game is in progress, nor will he be at the greyhounds somewhere or whatever else the absentee Torquay United board members might be doing!
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

merse btpir wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 10:48 Well it is being claimed from a reliable and recognised honest source that he has spunked £850 a week on Harrad; so do Nicholson and Hererra know one when or if they see one?

Do you honestly feel their tactical appreciation warrants being given any more money or would be better entrusted to somebody else?
If that's true then please get me Colin Lee's number!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

If Harrad is being paid £850 then that really is unforgivable. If he is the best that we can get for that money then we might as well give up.
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

northlondongull wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 11:22 If that's true then please get me Colin Lee's number!
If they (GI) want to engage with local people, then (Colin Lee) is the perfect person.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Do we really want to give any more money to Colin Lee? Did he not take enough last time?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084