MOTM - Sutton

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The results are collated over a season. It doesn't matter if it's the best or worst performance, if players are worthy of a mention then great. If not then so be it. The stats are a welcome read at the end of a season (usually).
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

merse btpir wrote: 26 Feb 2017, 20:10 How can you seriously have a Man of the Match award for one of the most abject results in the club's history?

It defies logic really; almost as much as giving that shower of shit a round of applause when they come over looking for sympathy
This feature is now in it's seventh season, and has used the same format since day one (as per the intro below).

Yesterday was an opportunity for 3 points in the same way as any other game, so will count for 1/46th of the total - the same weight as every other game. The idea is to find a fan voted player of the season, not a fan voted player of the bits of the season we play well in.

We've have some horrible games in the last 7 years, but there's always been this thread created after the game and it's not going to change format midway through the season.

If you're not happy with how the club is playing/managed/owned/run, then you have the use of pretty much every other thread to express your opinions, without interrupting this feature.
Man of the Match is a feature that has been running on TorquayFans.com since the beginning of the 2010/11 season. After each league game, a thread is created for fans who attended the match to vote for their top five performers in order. After each game the results are added up with the winning player declared the Man of the Match. However all nominated players receive points, weighted in order of how highly the fans rated them.

The idea is that each game counts for 1/46th of the final total, therefore every game counts equally. The Tuesday night away at Accrington when we lose 5-0 was a potential three points in the same way that a home victory over Plymouth is worth three points, but one will always be remembered better than the other when reflecting back on the season. Likewise, performances towards the end of the season are more highly valued in the traditional player of the year voting. With this format, every game is scored on an individual basis, and is then added together to give the final total, which over the full season should remove as much bias as possible and hopefully give an accurate measure.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

[quote=Gulliball post_id=200736 time=1488143639 user_id=101]
If you're not happy with how the club is playing/managed/owned/run, then you have the use of pretty much every other thread to express your opinions, without interrupting this feature. [quote]

Does your position Administrator entitle you to control the posts others make then?

I was expressing an opinion, Suggesting that no-one be out up for MotM for this game; not suggesting the whole thing should be scrapped.

I've cast my vote by 'not voting'!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

You asked me a question, and I answered it for you. Namely - "How can you seriously have a Man of the Match award for one of the most abject results in the club's history?"

There will be 46 of these threads a season regardless of whether we win, draw or lose to a team without a goalkeeper. We have already had a few names put forward, so there will be a man of the match for the Sutton game, and they'll be added to all the other individual games.

The purpose of the MOTM threads are to collate the votes. If you want to discuss any other topics in them, then go ahead, but I don't see why you would want to when the whole rest of the forum exists for exactly this purpose.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats