Vanarama National League Ratification of GIL.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Vanarama National League Ratification of GIL.

Post by portugull »

Following a Meeting of the National League on Thursday 23rd Feb I cannot find any reports on the OS or the Herald that Gaming International Ltd have been ratified as the new owners of Torquay United. Does anyone have any information?
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

only that in our eyes until proven otherwise GL are RATS. thats ratification for you
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the meeting had been put off until sometime in March, but nothing sinister in that.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

The meeting was this Thursday just gone. Both Club and local media have not reported on it. As Dave Thomas said, GI weren't concerned about it and were full steam ahead. The wave of communication and activity from them since that article the other week has been breathtaking.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Yes Dave Thomas said on Thursday during his weekly podcast that The National League were "meeting as we speak" which is why I am surprised there has been no information since the meeting.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

portugull wrote: 25 Feb 2017, 19:09 Yes Dave Thomas said on Thursday during his weekly podcast that The National League were "meeting as we speak" which is why I am surprised there has been no information since the meeting.
Second thoughts and who could blame them. But seriously why would they communicate to us fans? Why would we want to know who is running this club.
Lucy
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Gi = obviously only care about potential land ownership. What have seen about the team in 2 months now. Nowt
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 25 Feb 2017, 23:05 Gi = obviously only care about potential land ownership. What have seen about the team in 2 months now. Nowt
Timely reminder - the Save Plainmoor petition is being presented to Policy Development and Decision Group meeting at 10 o'clock on Wednesday 29 March in the Meadfoot Room at the Town Hall.

Like a lot of people I expect I can't be there due to work but a mate of mine will be speaking on my behalf. I hope as many fans as possible that can make it will be there.
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Woods

Post by Soupdragon »

A heads up for those who haven’t yet lost the will to live: the Council’s Overview & Scrutiny committee has invited the mayor to attend its 15 March meeting (usually 5.30pm at the town hall and open to the public to attend without pre-notification) to update members on the “current position in relation to the lease arrangements for the football ground at Plainmoor." *

At the same meeting, some of us will also be interested to hear the mayor’s update on the review of leases held by the Torbay Coast & Countryside Trust.

The full agenda will be published on the council’s website a week in advance.

* ETA: While they can't MAKE the mayor attend and update them as they wish, it is the mayor's duty to attend to update the O&S.
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Soupdragon »

gullpower wrote: 26 Feb 2017, 09:56 Timely reminder - the Save Plainmoor petition is being presented to Policy Development and Decision Group meeting at 10 o'clock on Wednesday 29 March in the Meadfoot Room at the Town Hall.

Like a lot of people I expect I can't be there due to work but a mate of mine will be speaking on my behalf. I hope as many fans as possible that can make it will be there.
Sorry, what 'Save Plainmoor' petition? Is there somewhere that people can sign this?
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Soupdragon wrote: 26 Feb 2017, 10:40 Sorry, what 'Save Plainmoor' petition? Is there somewhere that people can sign this?
Sorry Soupdragon but you missed the boat on that one. It was online about 6 weeks ago and mainly posted about on the Plainmoor for Sale thread.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Done deal then. Now they better provide us with some information on the way forward...

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 99711.aspx
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Soupdragon »

Perhaps now GI has been confirmed as owners, they might like to do something about changing the kit sponsor. I see that he has been convicted of continuing to sell so-called 'legal highs' after being warned about it:

http://www.devonlive.com/torquay-united ... story.html

We've long been associated with on- and off-pitch failure. But we've never before been associated with killing people.