Torquay Utd V Sutton Utd 25/02

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Yet another slap in the face for loyal fans. A disgrace. I hate Saturdays now, a day of unrelenting misery.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Bunch of arse.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

This is embarrassing, end of story.

I bet G.I are rubbing their grubby little hands together. The demise of the yellows is upon us, and the sad thing is we are doing it to ourselves at the minute.

I honestly can't see where we go from here.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Sack all the players, drop the gate price and bring in the best from the South Devon League. Let them fight for a place in next season's Conference South squad.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Pathetic display -disgraceful
Just go nico
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I'm so pissed off tonight after this result.

They had no **** keeper for most of the match and we still couldn't beat them.

An absolute disgrace.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Embarrassing to say the least - every TQ player should hang their head in shame over that.

First half

We had the wind in our favour and failed to use it, Luke Young realised their keeper was struggling and scored. after that we forced a few corners but failed to register another shot against their stand in keeper. We switched off for their corner and Deacon as quick as a flash whipped in a great shot for 1-1.

Second half

Scored after 20secs and everyones thinking its game over. A minute later and a decent ball into the box, McGinty doesnt deal with it and somehow Moore is lobbed by the shot.

The winning goal again rubbish defending - Moore comes, comes forward some more and Anderson who for some reason marked his the scorer in front had no idea where he was. Easy header, Moore in no mans land and its 2-3.

With their defender in goal we had ONE SHOT ON TARGET - no surprises we scored from it but failing to register another shot was awful.

Finally the Ref - pathetic weedy bloke who let the game run him. Free kicks given for no reason, resulting free kicks and throw ins taken from wherever you like/ Sutton players rolling around like they'd be shot/ linesmen who didnt seem to know what day of the week it was
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

That is undefendable.

Every player bar Luke Young needs to have a hard look at themselves tonight.

I was looking forward to seeing a line up without Richards in the middle too - unfortunately we completely choked it.

I am incensed by that. The board of owners couldn't care less, and their attitude is fast growing in the fan base. I have been a ST holder for 13 of the last 14 years and rarely do I miss games at Plainmoor. Next week I cannot go and I am glad. We will lose, it will be an embarrassment.

There is no fight, no desire. Regional football awaits.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

What can you say crap game and an Exeter City supporter sponsoring and he picks Reid man of the match and why Williams was subbed I do not know I'm not his greatest fan as well.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

arcadia wrote: 25 Feb 2017, 18:09 What can you say crap game and an Exeter City supporter sponsoring and he picks Reid man of the match and why Williams was subbed I do not know I'm not his greatest fan as well.
But Chaney played arcadia so at least you were happy with probably one of the weakest players strength wise coming into a game where we were being out muscled across the pitch?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

So angry from today, Williams and Lathrope off for Harrad and Chaney.. WHY WHY WHY?!?!?

Totally inept and outplayed. Embarrassing!!!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Nicholson's buck-passing on the radio was a little sickening to listen to.

He neglected to mention the stupid substitution of Williams, the only player who managed to have a shot against a pretend goaly.

And the half-witted lemmings, clapping the team off the edge of a cliff at the game's conclusion, are part of the problem.
Last edited by hector on 25 Feb 2017, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Fed up with everybody moaning, I am not bothered if we lose every game as long as we win the league. COY!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

What a laughing stock we've become. It's just so sickening to even think about, and yet it is the reality that we face.

The way things are going, the chant should be Torquay till the club dies, because the way things are going, it won't be long now.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

hector wrote: 25 Feb 2017, 18:21 Nicholson's buck-passing on the radio was a little sickening to listen to.

He neglected to mention the stupid substitution of Williams, the only player who managed to have a shot against a pretend goaly.

And the half-witted lemmings, clapping the team off the edge of a cliff at the game's conclusion, are part of the problem.
I couldn't bring myself to listen, tell me the weather wasn't to blame too?
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest