GIs first month

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Neal wrote: 05 Feb 2017, 15:06 They don't need a successful side, as they said, it doesn't matter what league we are in, just a side / club that pays the rent.
I think it was Dave Phillips who said that GI didn't mind what league we were in, and it was said during last seasons great escape. I had always assumed this was said so as not to put any additional pressure onto Nico or the team.

Anyway if they own the club then they are just paying rent to themselves.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

We all know G.I are not here for the love of our club. The point is, if the team continues to slide, be unsuccessful, the club will eventually go bust, If G.I were to charge a rent the club could not afford to pay, it would go bust.

If the club continued to slide down the leagues and gates dropped, how much rent would they get, very little.

If the club went bust, how much rent would they get, none.

As the club is to me, a means to ends in any land deal, what land deal would the get if the club went bust, none.

All G.I would be left with is, a massive bill to clean up the mess, they're business men, who don't like losing money, that's why they're not going actively peruse any of the above, and will do all they can to avoid any of the above happening, that's how you protect an investment.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Didn't stop the demise of Reading Speedway.
Didn't help Bristol Rovers
Didn't help Poole Pirates Speedway
If they've no real intention of building a new ground they won't..............

Rent?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be fair, I have never said they'd ever build a stadium, just merely pointing out they wouldn't be able charge rent from a club if didn't exist. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

forevertufc wrote: 05 Feb 2017, 18:40 We all know G.I are not here for the love of our club. The point is, if the team continues to slide, be unsuccessful, the club will eventually go bust, If G.I were to charge a rent the club could not afford to pay, it would go bust.
Isn't this exactly what happened to Hereford United with either one of G.I's subsidiary companies or some involvement by the elusive Clarke Osborne?
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

I seem to recall they mentioned in an early press release that they would hold a fans forum in the New Year.....?