MOTM - Bromley

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

MOTM - Bromley

Post by Gulliball »

The 191 travelling fans increases the average following from 186.53 to 186.81. Or 187 to 187 if you don't believe in decimalising fans.

If you were one of them, then up to five players from today please.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Hodgkiss
Richards
Williams
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

McGinty
Hodgkiss
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Another bad one, then.
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

Williams
Hodgkiss
Moore
McGinty
Sparkes
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

wivelgull wrote: 06 Feb 2017, 09:25 Another bad one, then.
Ahhh Wivel, it took you longer than usual this time! Glad to see you're back to remark how it must have been a bad match cos of the lack of nominations for MOTM as per. Your contributions are always so new, innovative and insightful, I spend my hours after a defeat comforting myself in the knowledge that your wisdom will soon be imparted on us. ;-)
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

There simply shouldn't be a 'man of the match' for losing to a part-time club. This sycophancy just goes to underline much of the problem of Torquay United , their underperforming management and dreadful team.

What with 'standing ovations' from people already standing up, continued ambivalence towards mediocrity and midgets being lauded as legends; no wonder this club is sinking ever and ever downwards!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Totally agreed with the above, the complete lack of any standards throughout the club has been evident over the last 18 months. shipping 7 to Bromley, losing to North Feriby, Guiseley and having Maidstone do the double on us. No one seems to really care, that should be an absolute embarrassment for a club like Torquay to lose 1 game to any of that lot nevermind a weekly embarrassment by losing to all of them and people shrugging it off throughout the club to it's fans as 'just a loss'. It's not, it's pathetic, disgraceful and shouldn't be tolerated and wouldn't be at any club with the remotest of standards.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

I note McGinty being 'nominated' as a MoftM ~ ye Gods; he's a donkey.

I was at Ryman Premier League Dulwich Hamlet last night as they destroyed Braintree Town who sit higher in the National League than Torquay United and of course knocked us out of the FA Trophy with ease..........

My friends (three Capital Gulls) and I all agreed either of those two sides would have mullered United last night. Hamlet play an enlightened 3-2-3-2 system that embarrasses Nicholson's unimaginative reliance on 4-4-2; play the ball to feet at pace and with accuracy.

Hamlet have two centre backs ~ Michael Chambers and Nathan Green (who can also play as a left back when required) ~ who are so far ahead of McGinty in technique and skill it's frightening.

Nicholson and Herrera are a joke and know nothing of this standard of football, where to look for upwardly mobile players and where to get the young talent that someone like Hakan Heyrettin for example does for Braintree.

Gavin Rose, Junior Kadi and Kevin James at Dulwich are three hard working, enlightened young coaches who not only produce their own talent but are the obvious sort of talent who should be managing a club like Torquay who instead gift the management to unqualified tired old lags like Hargreaves and Nicholson who know nothing of management and are used to doing a three hour day as a retirement gift......no wonder the club is in permanent decline and dire straights.

Most of Torquay United's ills are of their own making ~ no footballing infrastructure, no commercial energy, no scouting system and piss poor management who fool; the gullible by playing Mister Nicey at the local hospital and schools instead of getting out of their comfort zone and actually seeking out some bona fide talent.

Someone needs to wade into this lazy management style, blitz it out and get something explosive into Plainmoor before further relegation becomes an inevitable reality......Man of the Match awards? Don't make me laugh!