GERRING LOANED TO WSM

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

GERRING LOANED TO WSM

Post by CraigUnder »

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Think you're a bit harsh.
I've seen worse players in a TUFC shirt this season....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Unfortunately he isn't up to NL standard and to see us get a decent NL CB in place of him is great.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 27 Jan 2017, 19:39 I've seen worse players in a TUFC shirt this season....
Last week was the end of the line for a very poor ~ if well intentioned and dedicated ~ player.

You can't blame the player for trying his best, only the judgement of the idiot who put him there. The devoid of pace Delano Sam-Yorke made him look as if he had concrete in his boots last week simply by out thinking him and therein lay the problem.......his background in the game is not high pedigree enough. With a young right back struggling beside him and a scatter gunned performance from the goalkeeper who one never knows when he is going to spill the next shot; Gerring was all over the place and I would imagine his confidence is shot to pieces. Witness the second goal where he doesn't get within touching distance of the scorer following the keeper's error and you will see what I mean.

Hopefully he can go down a level and recuperate; but he really isn't up to the task in National League Premier level.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

merse btpir wrote: 27 Jan 2017, 20:25 Last week was the end of the line for a very poor ~ if well intentioned and dedicated ~ player.

You can't blame the player for trying his best, only the judgement of the idiot who put him there. The devoid of pace Delano Sam-Yorke made him look as if he had concrete in his boots last week simply by out thinking him and therein lay the problem.......his background in the game is not high pedigree enough. With a young right back struggling beside him and a scatter gunned performance from the goalkeeper who one never knows when he is going to spill the next shot; Gerring was all over the place and I would imagine his confidence is shot to pieces. Witness the second goal where he doesn't get within touching distance of the scorer following the keeper's error and you will see what I mean.

Hopefully he can go down a level and recuperate; but he really isn't up to the task in National League Premier level.
That's the thing at least he does try..... unlike some..... :@
At York he had Parkin (again) in his pocket.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Maybe it is best to remember his cracking performance against FGR on Boxing Day. Good luck to a local lad and hopefully he can carry on being a professional.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

HE was shown up bigstyle at Maidstone last week. If you view the 12 minutes of highlights you will see that he was awful.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

brucie wrote: 27 Jan 2017, 22:37 HE was shown up bigstyle at Maidstone last week. If you view the 12 minutes of highlights you will see that he was awful.
Like all the others then...
Moore and possibly Williams excepted.

TUST Member 468

Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

yellowsmiffy wrote: 27 Jan 2017, 23:31 I unfairly slated Gerring last January. Soon after he proved me massively wrong and really stepped his game up, more than playing his part in our survival. I was so impressed with how he improved from looking completely out of place, to looking like a very solid (albeit limited) defender and winning a new contract.

Unfortunately I haven't seen us play much recently and its a shame to hear he's not been playing well. Hoping that he gets some confidence back and that this isn't the end of his time as a useful backup player for the club. Best of luck to him and massive respect for his attitude.
:goodpost:
TUST number 080
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

merse btpir wrote: 27 Jan 2017, 20:25 With a young right back struggling beside him and a scatter gunned performance from the goalkeeper who one never knows when he is going to spill the next shot; Gerring was all over the place and I would imagine his confidence is shot to pieces.
Sums it up pretty nicely, with the right players around him his limitations are a little less obvious, but unfortunately he can't be relied upon to step up when needed. He has done a great job on what was a non-contract basis for a long time and he should be applauded; can't doubt his passion or devotion to the club, only his ability.
Ottery gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Ottery gull »

With Racine out injured so soon maybe we need him back pronto?
JamesTUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by JamesTUFC »

I'd say Rooney is more likely to fill in for Racine, and also Gallifuoco is almost back to match fitness again.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Don't agree. I think we need a replacement experienced old head if that is the case. It's the vital part of the season. There is nothing to be gained by making the same error we have made all season. Probably 15 more points needed we need experience.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Dazza wrote: 28 Jan 2017, 20:37 Don't agree. I think we need a replacement experienced old head if that is the case. It's the vital part of the season. There is nothing to be gained by making the same error we have made all season. Probably 15 more points needed we need experience.
Aaron Downes?

http://m.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/watc ... story.html
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

yellowsmiffy wrote: 27 Jan 2017, 23:31 I unfairly slated Gerring last January. Soon after he proved me massively wrong and really stepped his game up, more than playing his part in our survival. I was so impressed with how he improved from looking completely out of place, to looking like a very solid (albeit limited) defender and winning a new contract.

Unfortunately I haven't seen us play much recently and its a shame to hear he's not been playing well. Hoping that he gets some confidence back and that this isn't the end of his time as a useful backup player for the club. Best of luck to him and massive respect for his attitude.
:goodpost: :goodpost: