MOTM - Maidstone (+ away estimate)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

MOTM - Maidstone (+ away estimate)

Post by Gulliball »

If you were there today then a list of (up to) five players would be greatly appreciated.

Any estimates on the away following would also be a great help, as I believe it was unsegregated today?
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I note that on the Maidstone forum some of their fans gave our goalie (Moore) a place in their MOTM list.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Says a lot about this performance when after almost 400 views, no replies.

I'd guesstimate at around 200 away fans (difficult to tell seeing as we were spread all over the place.

As for Man of The Match.... I'll do what some of our payers seem incapable of doing .... i'll pass
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

As a supporter living 350 miles away, this is one of the threads I rely upon to get an idea of the game: this one seems worse than ever.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

No-one was worthy of man of the match except maybe Brendan Moore....the rest were dreadful ~ including Young who just played ineffectively in the comfort zone.

Williams negated a great goal by taking a dreadful penalty and just what Richards, Gerring, Sparkes, Reid & Verma are doing in professional football God only knows.

Our fans were spread along one half of one side, made little or no noise; just stood in stunned disbelief at yet another embarrassment on the road....the kit looked the Dog's though!
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

wivelgull wrote: 23 Jan 2017, 09:54 As a supporter living 350 miles away, this is one of the threads I rely upon to get an idea of the game: this one seems worse than ever.
No. You're a Whitby supporter who mainly laps up Brucie's comments and forecasts only defeats. That does not make you a Torquay supporter. Au contraire, mon petit pois.
TUST member 200 ;-)
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

torq2u wrote: 23 Jan 2017, 17:31 No. You're a Whitby supporter who mainly laps up Brucie's comments and forecasts only defeats. That does not make you a Torquay supporter. Au contraire, mon petit pois.
What does constitute a Torquay United fan? Man Utd the envy of many a club have a global marketing approach hence why 50% of people who turn up to watch them are day trippers, there for a one off occasion, and in the most part from the Far East. Of the remaining 50%, only 28% of British Man United fans live in the North West region. So their true fan base is 9,800 in a catchment area of 8.2 million (not so great then!) and yet they generated the most revenue of any football club in the world last season (£515 million).

So lets take a leaf out of Man Utd strategy and welcome all those who have an interest in the Gulls no matter where they live ( we need the revenue).
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

torq2u wrote: 23 Jan 2017, 17:31 No. You're a Whitby supporter who mainly laps up Brucie's comments and forecasts only defeats. That does not make you a Torquay supporter. Au contraire, mon petit pois.

Don't talk wet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wivelgull was watching TUFC before you were even born.

Never mind Au contraire - plank.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 23 Jan 2017, 19:12
Don't talk wet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wivelgull was watching TUFC before you were even born.

Never mind Au contraire - plank.
In fairness, the only time I see Wivelgull contribute something that isn't 'I agree with Brucie' or 'I predict 0-3' is on these MOTM threads to cackle how it must have been an awful performance and how the comments are the worst he's seen in a long time. I'm becoming more convinced by the day that he gets some kind of kinky pleasure from it all.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

madgull wrote: 23 Jan 2017, 19:41 In fairness, the only time I see Wivelgull contribute something that isn't 'I agree with Brucie' or 'I predict 0-3' is on these MOTM threads to cackle how it must have been an awful performance and how the comments are the worst he's seen in a long time. I'm becoming more convinced by the day that he gets some kind of kinky pleasure from it all.
Yes, you're quite right, Madgull. When you get to the age of Wivel and myself, you grasp at any kinky pleasure you can get .............. ;-)