Time to go Mr Nicholson... POOR

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellowblackwhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Hargreaves

Time to go Mr Nicholson... POOR

Post by yellowblackwhite »

I am sick and tired of hearing how great Nicholson was last season, I do pose the question to all those who seem to worship our manager... how great to save us one year and then grind us into the ground the next. As with a manager in any job you are responsible for who you hire, how you deploy your staff and what technique you use to get the best from them. As a manager in any job you have a staffing budget, you employ within your remit and available expense.

I thought Nicholson did a good job last season, but he has and is making some very poor on the pitch decisions this season, his recruitment policy is suspect to say the least, I mean the young chap from Bournemouth, he may as well drafted in a school boy from one of the local schools.

I do not want this post to get petty, perhaps at least the new backroom employees who all have a previous relationship with TUFC will put aside this untouchable approach towards Nicholson and do the right thing.

No doubt I will get the usual worshipers reply with varying supportive responses... so be it.

As for those of you that have criticised Williams, a little unfair as you cant really pick a terrible performance for the small number of times he has had on the pitch...
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

If Nicholson hadn't of been a great servant and great player to us over the years he was at the club, he would of been gone by now.

I'm a big Nicho fan and yes he has taken the job on in dire circumstances but surely there comes a time when enough is enough.

We are in big trouble and someone needs to act ASAP.

What do they do on that training ground all week??!!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

We now find ourselves in a relegation dog fight.
Message to the new board is this:
Either back KN with new signings or bin him. This current squad is going down the pan under his managerial guidance!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Given everything that has gone on at the club in the last 18+ months I don't see how changing the manager at this stage is going to change anything.
I am sure Nicho will be the first to agree that results haven't been good enough but I would like to see him given some help before he's thrown out. Doing the job of bus driver, chief scout, DOF, and commercial manager is too much for anyone and it's obviously going to affect his performance as manager - the job he is actually paid to do.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

kevgull wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 17:17 We now find ourselves in a relegation dog fight.
Message to the new board is this:
Either back KN with new signings or bin him. This current squad is going down the pan under his managerial guidance!
First priority, back KN with people in the back room so he can get on with the job of managing the first team.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

its time for a change, we need an experienced manager , or we are going down. people need to open their eyes!
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular

Post by IanGull01 »

ROADRUNNER wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 17:32 its time for a change, we need an experienced manager , or we are going down. people need to open their eyes!
:goodpost:
We got away with it last year, we won't this year. Lightning doesn't strike twice.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

IanGull01 wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 17:33 :goodpost:
We got away with it last year, we won't this year. Lightning doesn't strike twice.
This is all very deja vu, we got away with it in 2012/13 when we just about avoided relegation from League 2. We were of course relegated the next year. Last season we just about stayed up, this season feels like 2013/14 all over again. Unless something major happens and fast I fear we'll be playing in the Conference South next season.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

It's hard to see how he can stay now. I wasn't there today but the past two home games have been dire and on the radio it sounded no better today. If the players aren't performing for him then the manager has to go. I agree he has a lot of things go against him while in charge but he should go now otherwise he will be remembered for taking us further in to the depths of non league rather than his time as a player and the man who saved us last year.
Goody2514
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Goody2514 »

DO we want to spend the little money available on paying up KN 3 year contract and then, on the compensation to another club for their manager or do we want to spend the money on some new players?? We cant have it all!! KN is struggling I don't doubt that, but who Is
exactly is out there that would want to come to TUFC and work under the current circumstances???
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

think you would be surprised , we got kevin in because he was cheap, there were other mangers who applied but kevin was the only option they could , sorry but he has to go before its too late, the players clearly dont listen to him, he has said that he trains them all week then they go out at 3pm on a saturday and do the opposite, what does that say to you. why would you bring in brett williams on a considerable salary then leave him on the bench.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular

Post by IanGull01 »

Would be a very attractive job I would have thought:-

-New owners
-Talk of a new stadium
-Youth being setup again
-Good fan base
-Putting together a 5 year plan to take club back to the League.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

We need players not a new managers the current squad is very thin and very poor. Our results improved with some good loanees but since they have gone so has our form.
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

Disagree yellowmonkey the manager is the key to success. He picks the team, the formation, the substitutions and above all the motivation. If the players can score 10 goals in two matches against a top table team why the abysmal results since. Lack of motivation - a managerial responsibility.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

ROADRUNNER wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 17:32 its time for a change, we need an experienced manager , or we are going down. people need to open their eyes!
Don't they just. To think anything will get better by removing the manager is to allow all the crap he's had to put up with become his fault.

Philgull hits the nail firmly on the head below.

PhilGull wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 17:18 Given everything that has gone on at the club in the last 18+ months I don't see how changing the manager at this stage is going to change anything.
I am sure Nicho will be the first to agree that results haven't been good enough but I would like to see him given some help before he's thrown out. Doing the job of bus driver, chief scout, DOF, and commercial manager is too much for anyone and it's obviously going to affect his performance as manager - the job he is actually paid to do.

:goodpost: **Great** Posting
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com