Geoff Harrop on his way back?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Flipper wrote: 19 Jan 2017, 19:46 I hear its not the DOF role or manager.
I know we need more players but..............he's not getting a squad number is he?
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The only remotely beneficial thing for us would be if he starts up a youth system but will that suit his ambitions?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i assume the local board that are being installed , Alex Rowe etc will know what there doing, as regards to Harrop coming in, does anyone know if he is coming for sure and do they know its for the managers job? also do we think Kevin will still be around if we lose the next couple of games because if we do we are in trouble and a change will be needed for sure.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

ROADRUNNER wrote: 20 Jan 2017, 06:18 i assume the local board that are being installed , Alex Rowe etc will know what there doing, as regards to Harrop coming in, does anyone know if he is coming for sure and do they know its for the managers job? also do we think Kevin will still be around if we lose the next couple of games because if we do we are in trouble and a change will be needed for sure.
Alex Rowe might know what he's doing, but weren't there some suggestions that it might be Bill Phillips rather than Alex Rowe?
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Angus Mac

Post by Flipper »

ROADRUNNER wrote: 20 Jan 2017, 06:18 i assume the local board that are being installed , Alex Rowe etc will know what there doing, as regards to Harrop coming in, does anyone know if he is coming for sure and do they know its for the managers job? also do we think Kevin will still be around if we lose the next couple of games because if we do we are in trouble and a change will be needed for sure.
Pretty sure he's coming to Plainmoor but not to run the youth, be manager or DOF. Having said that I suspect that the long term goal is to be manager. This is just a way of getting in there through the back door. I bet the current management team are not over enamoured at the idea of him being there.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Flipper wrote: 20 Jan 2017, 08:31 Pretty sure he's coming to Plainmoor but not to run the youth, be manager or DOF. Having said that I suspect that the long term goal is to be manager. This is just a way of getting in there through the back door. I bet the current management team are not over enamoured at the idea of him being there.
This suggest a CEO role whilst waiting in the wings for a fall-out and the opportunity to step in. A depressing site watching all these people position their pieces with a strategy different to the game they are telling everyone they are playing.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

well its certainly falling apart at the moment and a change is needed.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

No issue with this if it is in a Chief Exec or Youth Academy capacity, but the rumblings about him having ambitions to step into a more hands on role with the senior team are worrying to say the least. I only hope that Dave is wrong about this but based on history, that is unlikely.......
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Literally everything Phillips and co vociferously denied at the forum has now happened.....and the lap dogs who went lapped it all up.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Lets hope for squad additions now then, as usual the squad comes last
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Angus Mac

Post by Flipper »

Not sure about anyone else but I'm uncomfortable with the appointment.
As for Harrop and Nicho working closely together mmm we'll see but I can't see Nicho being overjoyed at the prospect.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

The worrying thing about Osbornes statement was that we're now not being ratified until Feburary, still no signings, will they loosen the purse strings before then?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Flipper wrote: 20 Jan 2017, 15:00 Not sure about anyone else but I'm uncomfortable with the appointment.
As for Harrop and Nicho working closely together mmm we'll see but I can't see Nicho being overjoyed at the prospect.
The writing is on the wall, Nicholson will find his position becoming untenable with Harrop interfering and trying to push his ideas forward.

One final thing, Harrop, if you want to know who I am I would see it as a common courtesy to approach the forum and ask the relevant question. I'd be more than happy to divulge who I am and tell you to your face exactly what I think of you and your involvement with this bunch of sharks. You've used your family connections to get these people involved with our club and it will be on your head when their plans finally become clear to everyone.
You're not a fan of TUFC, you're a fan of your own selfish ambitions, this club can do without you so sod off back to Yeovil.
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

ROADRUNNER wrote: 20 Jan 2017, 11:42 well its certainly falling apart at the moment and a change is needed.
What did you expect? I know you are hoping against hope they are a good thing but go with your head and realise we've still not hit rock bottom yet. Worse is still to come, a leopard doesn't change its spots, Osbourne has no interest in football and Harrop will prove to be just as clueless as Baker, Bill Phillips and Dave Phillips.

One of the few good things going for us right now is Nicholson and his desire to see us start climbing back to where we want to be, he proved last season that with a little backing he can achieve good things, and I'm confident he would do again.
Dave