Geoff Harrop on his way back?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

ROADRUNNER wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 20:33 im not sure if Harrop is there answer, what i said was could he do any worse. or anyone else for that matter.
Nobody could do any better though, you know how limited our resources have been. He's having to do everything on his own and now he even has to put up with a **** who just wants to take his job. Madness.

And I never doubt your support, just your ability to accept the obvious.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Angus Mac

Post by Flipper »

WHG wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 11:36 Like the lad that Yeovil just sold to West Brom you mean :'(

That lad was never with Torquay and probably never would of joined
[/quote]

I can vouch for that. He was never with the club.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I appreciate that Nicholson is trying to do the job with both hands tied behind his back but he didn't have to sign Harrad and play him as a loan striker did he?

Harrad did ok last time because he was playing in a far better team. Harrad isn't better than what we have already (and that's saying something).

He has signed Jordan Lee (who he admitted that he had never seen play) and then dropped him after one game. McClunky - never got a game. What a about the loan signing from Plymouth, who sunk without the trace?

Lathrope - Another useless signing.

Appreciate we have no money but presumably Harrad is being paid - its a complete waste of money.

Appreciate he comments about GI - perhaps the answer is for no one at all to turn up and then GI can have their wishes granted. Either way the outcome is going to be the same because we are as good as relegated already.

This is the worst Torquay team there has ever been.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I feel your pain and most of what you say is correct. We need to unite to fight GI not Nicholson who is every bit as passionate about the club as any of us. Give him the means and he will achieve. This situation isn't his fault. No he's not immune from criticism but he's proved he can do the job on relatively little. Nobody could do it with what he has.
Dave

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/new ... s_id=19808
Is there any reason why GI should not immediately provide Nicho with a little money to strengthen his squad (apart from the fact that they are GI) ?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I understood, correct me if I am wrong, that Nicho had been told he could use the Blissett money to strengthen the squad.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Gullscorer wrote: 23 Jan 2017, 11:12Is there any reason why GI should not immediately provide Nicho with a little money to strengthen his squad (apart from the fact that they are GI) ?
They have; don't expect a signing(s) to materialise in the first 24 hours after the go ahead has been given. It takes a little while and I know of three 'on the stove' as you make your post ~ maybe today, maybe tomorrow; maybe not if they fall through but good signings and ones that are worth the time and effort, cost and research take a little time to materialise.

Remember, Keiffer Moore coming in required financing which was authorised but after all the work it fell through at the last minute and this is so indicative of what management is all about.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

We're interested in signing Justin Hoyte on a free and he's in for talks. We're also looking at Racine from FGR.

I guess it depends on the money being made available to secure them.
Dave

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote: 23 Jan 2017, 14:08 We're interested in signing Justin Hoyte on a free and he's in for talks. We're also looking at Racine from FGR.

I guess it depends on the money being made available to secure them.
.......and Kev's a bit annoyed..........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38719698
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Justing Hoyte would be a bit of a coup, woud be very happy with him turning up.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

What's he been doing since the summer when he was kicked out by Daggers? Is he match fit?

It's one thing to go for experience, it's another to have to book parking bays for zimmer frames.
TUST member 200 ;-)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

torq2u wrote: 23 Jan 2017, 17:19 What's he been doing since the summer when he was kicked out by Daggers? Is he match fit?

It's one thing to go for experience, it's another to have to book parking bays for zimmer frames.

Oi. you leave my parking bay alone. :lol: :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843