Geoff Harrop on his way back?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Angus Mac

Post by Flipper »

Southampton Gull wrote: 20 Jan 2017, 15:32 The writing is on the wall, Nicholson will find his position becoming untenable with Harrop interfering and trying to push his ideas forward.

One final thing, Harrop, if you want to know who I am I would see it as a common courtesy to approach the forum and ask the relevant question. I'd be more than happy to divulge who I am and tell you to your face exactly what I think of you and your involvement with this bunch of sharks. You've used your family connections to get these people involved with our club and it will be on your head when their plans finally become clear to everyone.
You're not a fan of TUFC, you're a fan of your own selfish ambitions, this club can do without you so sod off back to Yeovil.
Was that directed at me ?
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

Regardless of his intentions, he's not somebody in the mould of someone like Michael Dunford, ie experienced football administrator.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I am as nervous as anyone on GI's future intentions for the club, but I do see a positive in their appointment of a General Manager, Financial Controller and Club Secretary. It begins to provide a hierarchy of authority vital for the club to meet its aims and objectives and will define accountability and communication channels within the Club, and with its external environment. Something that has be badly missing over the last few seasons, unless you think the previous Board of 'no direction' or Nico continuing to drive the bus and wash the kit was the way forward rather than a structured 5 year plan. There I said it! please send your hate mail on a postcard please.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Flipper wrote: 20 Jan 2017, 15:56

Was that directed at me ?
If you read it again I hope you'll realise the first bit was in response to you, the rest for Harrop.

Mellow, structure is only good if the right people are utilised. plenty know enough about Hayman's shenanigans, Harrop is only interested in ousting the manager and taking over himself, and GI are not interested in the football side at all. Not sure I feel anything remotely positive about things. I don't blame you or anyone else for seeing the positives, sooner or later all will become clear.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote: 20 Jan 2017, 16:24 If you read it again I hope you'll realise the first bit was in response to you, the rest for Harrop.

Mellow, structure is only good if the right people are utilised. plenty know enough about Hayman's shenanigans, Harrop is only interested in ousting the manager and taking over himself, and GI are not interested in the football side at all. Not sure I feel anything remotely positive about things. I don't blame you or anyone else for seeing the positives, sooner or later all will become clear.
Ahh yes - Mel Hayman. Had a bit of an easy ride in this whole sorry state of affairs which have led us to this position. Feet firmly back under the table just as GI promised back in the summer. Mission accomplished.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Southampton Gull, I did not make reference to any personnel just the roles. People can always be replaced but structure in any business is vitally important and that in itself is a positive. What we had in place prior to GI was just unstainable and where would that have left us. You may turn out to be right in all you say, but it being subjective comments I shall await to see what GI's plan entails and the direction they plan to take us - be it good or bad
Yours - still nervous
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Angus Mac

Post by Flipper »

Harrop is only there for his own benefit and will turn the situation to his advantage. As for Mel Hayman, perhaps she back with the promise of bigger things to come with GI ? Tim Herbert I don't have a problem with.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Richinns wrote: 20 Jan 2017, 16:28 Ahh yes - Mel Hayman. Had a bit of an easy ride in this whole sorry state of affairs which have led us to this position. Feet firmly back under the table just as GI promised back in the summer. Mission accomplished.
Perfectly penned, Rich.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Remind me what the issue with Harrop is... All I remember is him arriving around 2010 (ish?) with a good reputation for youth team work and setting up our Centre Of Excellence before being made redundant when it was closed.

And who is Mel Hayman? Again, I recognise the name but all the different board members and back room staff over the last 10 years have left me forgetting who was where when...

And the other fella was hear before too, can't say I recognise (or remember now!) his name, other than reminding me of Olympic rowing...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

yes what did Harrop do To upset people, thought he did well as youth coach , then had one game in charge to help out, so what are the issues?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Put GI aside. I would rather have these 3 additions to the club than not. It adds experience and structure something we have not had for years. They aren't going to be cheap to have, so money is obviously available, let's hope the playing front gets a boost
Lucy
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

well said lucy, this clu was going one way with the last board so i think we could now be going in the right direction , time will tell and hopefully with the right people coming in there maybe some light at the end of the tunnel.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I welcome further managerial experience into the club, as clearly, KN is unable to produce a team that can play to his instructions.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

brooker wrote: 20 Jan 2017, 15:13 The worrying thing about Osbornes statement was that we're now not being ratified until Feburary, still no signings, will they loosen the purse strings before then?
Is the ratification not occurring until February, anything to do with the council meeting being postponed until February?

It is almost a year since GI first emerged as the likely new owners and it still hasn't been completed. If they cannot even push a purchase of the club over the line, then why does anyone think they can manage the complexities of building a stadium?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Sorry, but I really can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading here.

Are there really people who are willing to give GI the time of day? A company that has done over virtually every entity it has had dealings with? A company that is clearly only after our ground and is offering token gestures to appease the fans and get them onside.

Come on guys, do the research. Read up on other people's experiences with this company and realise that they don't give two shits about the club, and once they've got what they want, will ditch us as quickly as possible (probably into the waiting arms of Peter Masters, if it's not too late by then)

I have zero inside info, I've just done my research and spoken to people directly impacted by this company. It's not great reading and I have no doubt at all that the same will happen to us.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com