Durrell Berry

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Durrell Berry

Post by portugull »

I just wondered why there has been no mention of Durrell in the last few weeks since he left Truro City.

I feel really sorry for the guy. He is an excellent right back, our problem position, and Nicho had no cash to offer him a contract before Christmas.

He deserves at the very least a short term contract to the end of the season. Any views?
Newtonsgull1899
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Sparkes

Post by Newtonsgull1899 »

Would help us out a lot
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I think he is injured again.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

yes he is suffering from some pain from his leg break , is currently resting but nothing serious, he is training with the club i understand but hasnt signed.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

i do so hope he gets better. i know he wants to return and I would love to see him come back into our defence and shore it up
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Funnily enough I was wondering about the same thing. Class act full back if fit. Hopefully he can fully recover from his nasty injury. Love to see him back because he is miles better than anything else we have in that position.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Didnt particularly rate GG when he had game time there and watched Rooney against FGR new years day and I didnt think he looked too bad.

Berry however is a class above both of these put together but will he be the same player if he came back?? It's all well and good recovering physically, but there's the mental side of it too. I'd love to have him back, but it's risky as he won't be on small wages
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

You say Berry won't be on small wages if he was to sign again, but at the moment isn't technically he on no wages at all? So you'd think if we could offer him whatever we could, something would be better than nothing for him.

The main concern would be if he is feeling pain from his injury still, how much of a "damaged goods" has he now become? Will he ever be able to get back to how he was?

In our position I'd hope we could offer him something as if he is anywhere near his best, he'd be our best RB by a country mile. But if he won't be fully fit for ages then we can't go there
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

He's a little further from fully fit than you'd expect. We are looking for cover, but lost out to Newport for one player. Irons in the fire.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We didn't lose out Matt, he was always going to Newport, our interest probably just helped him negotiate a better deal.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Guess that was just a Pipe dream! No contest as he lives in Newport!