PLAINMOOR FOR SALE?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Signed and it is now 144
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

This site has 2312 members. So far just over 6% of them can be arsed to do something that takes less than two minutes to support a petition appealing that plainmoor is saved for Torquay united to play in. Christ!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Many of those members don't live in the bay....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 15 Jan 2017, 23:55 Many of those members don't live in the bay....
The petition needs 25 signatures to be considered by the Council and I'm pretty sure that Bay residents made up the first 25 to sign. I'd say that it's important now to show the Council the strength of feeling by getting as many signatures as possible from far and wide.

So spread the word - post on social media etc :scarf:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

What's the likely plan / outlook for TUFC if GI decide to back out? Anybody know what plan B is?

Do we continue on the path of having a procession of poor boardroom members, making poor decisions at board level, subsequently only being able to put out poor teams on match days. What is our future business model which will allow us to be competitive in this League, if not higher? Are we waiting for the next Lottery winner to step forward?

Is the likely scenario - The Devil (GI) or the Deep Blue sea (Administration)?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Baegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Baegull »

I'm guessing you don't have to live in the Bay to sign the petition - that's why the registration form asks what County you live in.
http://www.torbay.gov.uk/DemocraticServ ... =503179673
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I live 350 miles away - but I've still signed up.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I dont iive in the bay any more but i signed up too. first thing i did when i saw it online. so why cant others be bothered
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Signed (I live in Kent).... up to 157
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Glostergull wrote: 16 Jan 2017, 12:15 I dont iive in the bay any more but i signed up too. first thing i did when i saw it online. so why cant others be bothered
Because not everyone wants to force the club to remain at Plainmoor when moving to a new ground might actually be for the best.
I am more interested in making sure GI build us a new ground first before being allowed kick us out of Plainmoor.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Personally I am 100 % in favour of moving the club away from Plainmoor, but I did sign this petition because it's an issue of trust for me, can we trust G.I on past history clearly not.

I fully admit to be one of those who have said, give them a chance, however until I see some concrete evidence of them putting plans in place to move our club forward, we should remain vigilant, and I will not trust them until they do so.

So it doesn't matter where your thoughts in terms of whether we should move or not, or where you live, sign the petition.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

My feelings exactly Dave. Until a new stadium is built which can enable Torquay Utd to survive and hopefully prosper then yes to staying at Plainmoor.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

The trouble with putting plans in place forevertufc is they mean nothing because plans do not always proceed to a conclusion.

On balance, I can see the business argument for leaving Plainmoor, but I hope GI are cute enough to understand why so many of us are fearful of their intentions purely because of their track record over many years of NOT delivering. Simples.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Gosh I find myself in agreement with the last four posters, two of whom seem to come from the EU. Trump that!
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

forevertufc wrote: 16 Jan 2017, 16:57 Personally I am 100 % in favour of moving the club away from Plainmoor, but I did sign this petition because it's an issue of trust for me, can we trust G.I on past history clearly not.

I fully admit to be one of those who have said, give them a chance, however until I see some concrete evidence of them putting plans in place to move our club forward, we should remain vigilant, and I will not trust them until they do so.

So it doesn't matter where your thoughts in terms of whether we should move or not, or where you live, sign the petition.
:goodpost: I have copied and pasted the comment below from a post I made on the Torquay v Woking thread.

The petition is not against GI. It is about making sure that the Council as landlords of Plainmoor do not sell the club down the river.

The petition is, as the title says, about saving Plainmoor to ensure that TUFC continue to play there. As David Thomas has written/said, GI have made no secret of the fact that they want to build a new stadium. Fair enough. But their record shows that they are prone to taking over clubs and promising new stadiums which never materialise. I have said before that if GI want to build an all singing, dancing fandango stadium with bells and whistles on for TUFC to walk into as they walk out of Plainmoor I will be the first to learn how to do cartwheels. The petition is about trying to make sure that the Club do not end up groundless.