PLAINMOOR FOR SALE?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

hector wrote: 22 Jan 2017, 12:27 What should be noted from the comments issues by TUST, in relation to their meeting with property developers, GI, is the one where it was said that 'promotion is not a short-term target' yet further into the report it suggests GI will move on if they cannot get their hands on the freehold.
It does not say that. It says that whilst GI are keen to obtain the freehold of Plainmoor it is not essential to a future relocation of the club and building of a new stadium.

However it does say that the club will need to be financially stable in order for GI to maintain its interest.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I have received an email from Teresa Buckley at Torbay Council this morning to advise that the issue of Plainmoor will now be discussed at a Meeting on 29th March 2017.I think she has written to all who contacted the Council.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

portugull wrote: 24 Jan 2017, 09:52 I have received an email from Teresa Buckley at Torbay Council this morning to advise that the issue of Plainmoor will now be discussed at a Meeting on 29th March 2017.I think she has written to all who contacted the Council.
Talk about moving the goal posts!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

gullpower wrote: 24 Jan 2017, 10:05 Talk about moving the goal posts!
Probably due to the national league delaying it's ratification of GI. Seems to suggest that GI are actually in consultation with the council at this very moment.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Probably.

Regarding Chris Rich's comments that GI would ideally like to have the freehold but it is not essential - They settled for leasehold at Reading Speedway before it's closure.