PLAINMOOR FOR SALE?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

Neal wrote: Probably yes. That's exactly what they would do. But it depends on your view, my view is that someone or TUST would step in, maybe a Pheonix club but with a home at Plainmoor. But remember, even if TUST took control, it could be that the club is still for sale to an interested Football loving party.

Starting from a fresh start, no debts, just the income generated by true, real fans would be a challenge and in my opinion an entertaining journey. Free from all this sh*te and directors with God knows motives. The worst scenario is being controlled by non footballing property developers strangling the club with whatever rent they deemed they could extract from us.

Now, someone alluded to the fact that any new ground maybe owned by the council AND the tenancy agreement was no worse than the one we have now. This maybe possible, I don't know, but to me very very unlikely.

For me the home of Torquay utd should remain at Plainmoor. Even if it means a phoenix club. Of course GI could be even more spiteful, just fold the club, pay the rent BUT don't sell the Football club, but this might be against the terms of the lease I don't know.

As long as the 1000 to 2000 fans of TUFC stick together, we will always have a football club, what league it is in, God knows. But Im ready to participate and help all I can.
If there was a way of GI getting their £120k back then the first part of this post doesn't necessarily need to happen. Perhaps?
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

The Herald are reporting that these meetings concern the Plainmoor lease rather than the freehold.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/t ... story.html
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Jerry wrote:The Herald are reporting that these meetings concern the Plainmoor lease rather than the freehold.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/t ... story.html
Statement from TUST challenging the validity of this report.
TUST number 080
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

TUST also saying that Council meeting put back to Monday 6th February at 1 p.m. which ties in with what was suggested earlier in this thread.

The one thing that clearly is in short supply in respect of this matter and what has and has not been happening is ..... the truth.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

pnutgull wrote:TUST also saying that Council meeting put back to Monday 6th February at 1 p.m. which ties in with what was suggested earlier in this thread.

The one thing that clearly is in short supply in respect of this matter and what has and has not been happening is ..... the truth.
Torbay Council needs to be mindful of the ethical standards required of them (Nolan). Objectivity, accountability, openness and honesty appear to be at question here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ds_web.pdf
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

gullintwoplaces wrote: Torbay Council needs to be mindful of the ethical standards required of them (Nolan). Objectivity, accountability, openness and honesty appear to be at question here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ds_web.pdf
:goodpost:

I hope the Mayor has read this.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

This is the statement from TUST.
Please Let Us Have Some Honesty .
Claims that the planned meeting to discuss the terms of the Plainmoor Lease is untrue.

We have seen written evidence that the Mayor and senior council officers have corresponded with the directors of Torquay United regarding the sale of the freehold of Plainmoor.

To claim that the the discussion to dispose of the Plainmoor freehold has been delayed because the council have only just realised the ground is listed as an Asset of Community Value beggars belief!

TUST registered the ground with the council in 2015 and to date there has been no contact from any council department to discuss any changes to the lease of this community asset.

A Freedom of Information Request was submitted on the 31st December to determine what correspondence/meetings has taken place to discuss the sale of the freehold.

The meeting to discuss the Plainmoor Freehold will now be held;
Meadfoot Room
Town Hall
Castle Circus
Torquay

Monday 6th February
1:00pm

Kind Regards ...

Michael
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Evening guys. As I posted yesterday, the Bowls club have signed their lease with the council for their part and in turn rent of the Football club. Would this have any bearing on it?
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

I have submitted an online petition titled Save Plainmoor to Torbay Council and they are "reviewing my request". Hopefully I will soon be able to post a link.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

gullpower wrote:I have submitted an online petition titled Save Plainmoor to Torbay Council and they are "reviewing my request". Hopefully I will soon be able to post a link.
Please keep us posted as soon as its available to sign I will sign it
TUST MEMBER
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I will sign it
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

I dont know if anybody on here frequents either of the two facebook groups, each have over a thousand members and there has been next to nothing written about GI (except when the takeover was eventually announced), their history, reputation and intentions towards the club. I do remember when GI took over there were some who seemed quite pleased and got quite humpy when anybody pointed out what GI were all about and the liklihood of what they are going to try and do. There is absolutely nothing about the subject of Plainmoor for sale or council meetings etc either.

Part of me is not surprised as the point has often been made that a large majority of the fan base is blissfully unaware and oblivious to what is going on. I would have thought all those supporters with internet access would have at least had an idea. Just shows the differences between forums and facebook. Its not just a youth thing though as there is a variety of members of all ages.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Both of those are predominantly full of idiots who like to criticise our hamstrung manager. Yes, a lot like here :-D
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Just out of interest, an Argyle director invests £4.1m in the club for new Home Park grandstand: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38516526

We had, and shall be eternally grateful to, Thea Bristow.

No doubt it will all turn out to be a huge success for Argyle. But the future for the Gulls?

Not quite that optimistic (if at all) just yet.. :-/
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

If Plainmoor is sold I fear it will be then end for the club. Too many clubs have lost their stadium & been promised others, but been let down.
If the council agree to sell, as a Community Asset they cannot simply sell it to GI without giving time (6 months?) for others who want to keep it as a football ground to raise funds and bid.
Have we any idea what the ground may be worth – with the covenant on it?
Is it more likely that finding people to put money into buying the ground would be easier than the club. The ground would cost more but there is something tangible for the money and possibly a small return, whereas money into a football club is effectively written off as lost.
Clubs with much smaller crowds than Torquay are surviving, albeit part time. If the ground can be secured and then lose interest and can be bought off, then there is a future. If not I can see AFC Torquay starting from a very low league but even then Plainmoor would be the key to success.