PLAINMOOR FOR SALE?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The council have obviously had meetings with GI and have given some indication that GI could buy the ground for development. If the club Directors had run the club properly there would not be a situation like this. We have people owning the football club but not interested in it. We have supporters that want to run the club and are Torquay through and through, let the council give the ground to the supporters and put some feel good back into Torquay.

The Mayor should back the people of Torquay.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I have just sent an email to every single councillor plus the email address listed above. Councillors email addresses can be found here:

http://www.torbay.gov.uk/DemocraticServ ... x?FN=PARTY
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Good work, Hector.

Time for everyone to start asking questions and trying to garner support.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I will be attending the Meeting at the Town Hall on 18th January.

I intend to request a 5 minute slot to submit my question which I will draft ready for submission tomorrow.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

portugull wrote:I will be attending the Meeting at the Town Hall on 18th January.

I intend to request a 5 minute slot to submit my question which I will draft ready for submission tomorrow.
:goodpost: It will be very difficult for the majority of supporters to attend the meeting as it is when most people are working so it is important that those that can attend go.

:scarf: Wear your colours!!!!!!!!!!!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

portugull wrote:I will be attending the Meeting at the Town Hall on 18th January.

Well done and good luck.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

Has anyone else sent an email to the address in the opening post? Mine was returned as undelivered.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Be aware that Gordon Oliver has been stripped of most of his power. Nearly every major decision goes to Full Council now where as before The Mayor could decide something on his own.
Also remember that there are divides in the Council, notably

1. The Lib-dems and independents
2. The conservatives who are pro-Gordon Oliver
3. The conservatives who are anti Gordon Oliver.

The first thing we must do is to delay any decision as the Mayor seems to have met GI on his own or with the TDA, of whom Steve Parrock, Kevin Mowatt represent. Remember their job is the financial stability of the Bay and it is them that are charged with selling of the Councils assets.

If ever the Herald Express needed to get involved it is now and make every resident aware of the scandal unfolding before us.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

MF68 wrote:Be aware that Gordon Oliver has been stripped of most of his power. Nearly every major decision goes to Full Council now where as before The Mayor could decide something on his own.
Also remember that there are divides in the Council, notably

1. The Lib-dems and independents
2. The conservatives who are pro-Gordon Oliver
3. The conservatives who are anti Gordon Oliver.

The first thing we must do is to delay any decision as the Mayor seems to have met GI on his own or with the TDA, of whom Steve Parrock, Kevin Mowatt represent. Remember their job is the financial stability of the Bay and it is them that are charged with selling of the Councils assets.

If ever the Herald Express needed to get involved it is now and make every resident aware of the scandal unfolding before us.
:goodpost:
Even if we accept that David Thomas et al are not investigative journalists but reporters, surely this is a story worth reporting on. It will be interesting listening to the podcast tomorrow to see if this meeting gets a mention.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

MF68 wrote: If ever the Herald Express needed to get involved it is now and make every resident aware of the scandal unfolding before us
It has been shown to me this morning that the Herald (Richard Hughes) is indeed in possession of damning stuff relating to the actions and wishes of the board in disposal of the club being in direct conflict with the best interests of the football club.

I am trying to get the consent of the source to blowing it on BTPIR this morning
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Hector the correct email address is

[email protected]
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Although I misunderstood what he was asking, Southampton Gull suggested on another thread that I summarise my reply from Kevin Foster MP. However, with Kevin Foster’s permission, I am posting his reply in its entirety.

The letter shows the esteem with which TUFC is held generally and its importance to the community. I think more importantly it shows what can be achieved by writing letters/emails to those that represent us. I must admit I was expecting a generic brush off from Kevin Foster but he has come up trumps. It may now be more appropriate for fans to thank him for his support rather than ask for it.

Dear Bob,

Thank you for your email and may I take this opportunity to wish you a very Happy New Year.

The Gulls are as much part of our bay’s image nationally as the beaches and tourist attractions we are famous for. When in the league every Saturday the name of “Torquay United” would be across the scoreboards and crucially many away fans found themselves tempted to visit again following a quick break with their mates to see a match. That is why the difficulties in recent years have been a blow not just to football fans, but to the bay as a whole.

I have met with the Club’s Chairman in the past and members of the TUST, (I also try to get onto the terrace at least a couple of times a season) to see what I can do as the bay’s MP to help secure a more sustainable future for the gulls. The club has relied on the generosity of a few wealthy fans for some time and looking ahead we need to build a financial future that relies on a wider base of support for the club.

In terms of the new owners I will look to arrange a meeting with them to discuss what they see as their vision for the club. Whilst I do not have direct decision making powers in terms of the Plainmoor Stadium or any proposal for a new stadium, I want to hear what their vision is and how they will act as custodians of our football club.

The proposals for a new stadium are interesting to hear, but like you I would want to hear how any such project would be part of delivering a long term sustainable future for a club playing League Football before offering any form of support for it. It is easy to get caught up in images of new stadium designs when the key is considering what concrete financial and professional plans back them up.

A new stadium might offer some opportunities to the club, not least in terms of non-matchday revenues and the chance to develop newer facilities. Yet I have had the sad experience of seeing a new stadium project end up in a range of disputes between the football club and the local council concerned, with very short sighted decisions taken by both. These decisions have ultimately left the club concerned in a terrible position both on and off the pitch, with little sign of improvement in the near future. I do not want to see the same happen to TUFC.

Finally what any new owner needs to remember is that the real value of any club is not in having a pitch to play on or even a set of players, but the loyalty of supporters who have followed their club through thick and thin (which we have had a bit too much of recently). Any plans for the future the new owners have must recognise this.

I will include any further info I get on TUFC in my weekly updates that I send out every Friday. If you do not receive them on a regular basis already and would like to do so do let me know.

Best Wishes,

Kevin
eddiebent
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by eddiebent »

Hi All, I've spoken to my father this morning who is a councillor and he is of the opinion that the disposal of the lease at Plainmoor is a full council decision and not a decision which can be made solely by the Mayor. He has advised that as many people as possible email the councillors prior to the meeting on the 18th January to put their concerns across.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

eddiebent wrote:Hi All, I've spoken to my father this morning who is a councillor and he is of the opinion that the disposal of the lease at Plainmoor is a full council decision and not a decision which can be made solely by the Mayor. He has advised that as many people as possible email the councillors prior to the meeting on the 18th January to put their concerns across.
Definitely :goodpost:

The name of the committee is the Policy Development and Decision Group (Joint Operations Team). It is also important to email the members of this committee. They are again:
Councillor Nicole Amil
Councillor Robert Excell
Councillor Richard Haddock
Councillor Mark King
Councillor Terry Manning
Councillor Derek Mills
Councillor Julien Parrott
Mayor Gordon Oliver

Link for emails:
http://www.torbay.gov.uk/DemocraticServ ... aspx?bcr=1

COYY!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I have sent an email to all the councilors. 2 have replied and I have asked if I could publish the reply from councilor Ian Doggett.

"Good Morning Neal ,
Thank you for your recent E-Mail. I quite understand your sentiments , and totally agree we do not need a new stand, we already have one! If my memory does not fail me , I first attended a Match at Plainmoor in September 1962,however it was only in the more recent times that I managed to attend Matches on a regular basis , after I had retired, as I worked in Pharmacy , and to have a Saturday off was as rare as "hens teeth"! I am a Member of the Liberal Democrat Group on Torbay Council, and we held a discussion among ourselves yesterday afternoon. The Group Aims are that, long term, we need a Professional Football Club in the Bay! The general consensus of opinion was, what are GI after, to many they seem as Asset Strippers! What we are concerned about is what has the Mayor said to them I wonder? This has yet to be established. Anyway you have the Group Aims , and the Councillors who will be following this line are Christine Carter, Mandy and Steve Darling, myself, Nick Pentney, AdrianSanders, Cindy Stocks, Roger Stringer. With Kind Regards, Ian.

Ian Doggett

Councillor( Liberal Democrat) For Clifton With Maidenway Ward, Paignton.
TUST MEMBER