PLAINMOOR FOR SALE?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Glostergull wrote: 16 Jan 2017, 12:15 I dont iive in the bay any more but i signed up too. first thing i did when i saw it online. so why cant others be bothered
Well, I don't live in the U.K., so my "voice" may not count. I'm happy to sign the petition, but it surely shows the amount of apathy in the bay when there are so few signatures, and many of those are from people that do not live in Torquay (or the surrounding area!!)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 15 Jan 2017, 21:02 This site has 2312 members. So far just over 6% of them can be arsed to do something that takes less than two minutes to support a petition appealing that plainmoor is saved for Torquay united to play in. Christ!
Very disappointing. I don't live in the Bay but have emailed all the councillors on the committee, the mayor & council. Received a reply from the Council -

I have been asked to respond to your email below. Please be advised that your concerns have been recorded and furthermore I am due to meet with representatives of the Torquay United Supporters Trust tomorrow.

Regards

Kevin Mowat
Executive Head of Business Services
Torbay Council
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

portugull wrote: 16 Jan 2017, 18:00 The trouble with putting plans in place forevertufc is they mean nothing because plans do not always proceed to a conclusion.
Agreed in return, sorry bit of lazy post on my part. Very much meant plans in place, with actions.
Formerly known as forevertufc
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I've now had a reply from Cllr Robert Excell and his last sentence is encouraging:

Thank you for your email.

As you can appreciate, this is a very important issue, and I have received many requests to be mindful of the long-term effects of any decision that may be arrived at.

I shall be listening to all points of view, after also having looked into the situation myself, before I declare my decision.
As with any sport and recreation ground, I am always mindful that any land given in trust to the Council, with a covenant on it for the benefit of the people of Torbay, should remain in that status.

Hope this helps.
Regards

Cllr Robert Excell
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Glostergull wrote: 16 Jan 2017, 12:15 I dont iive in the bay any more but i signed up too. first thing i did when i saw it online. so why cant others be bothered
It is not a case of "being bothered", but before I add my support to something like this I need someone to please explain, (without hysterical rhetoric about how GI are only asset strippers and have left other sports clubs in the wilderness etc.etc.etc,) how looking to either block GI or force a change of direction from completing their business plan will secure the FUTURE of Torquay United football.

If GI, who are business men first, can only see resistance to any change and indeed their ownership of the football business - with their first real experience of their new customers being a concerted effort to block their preferred way forward for their new business, would they:

a) Even consider providing any further financial support to the football club ?
b) Consider that the fans, who form a high percentage of their future customer base, are the sort of customers they would want to do ongoing business with ?
c) Take the view that the initial investment has gone bad and just leave it to wither and die on the vine, accepting that will result in a loss to their business ?

Now ..... Let's assume that the petition is successful and it is the day after the decision has been made by the council and any purchase of Plainmoor has been refused and GI have chosen to turn their back on their investment. What are the immediate actions/plans for a secure future for TUFC.

- GI immediately call in the loan to Riviera.
- The first steps to a members voluntary liquidation are taken by the shareholders of Riviera.
- The Council do not receive any rent payments - how long are they prepared to allow the ground to be used rent free?
- The TUST call on the fans to funds the take over of the company.
- TUST are successful in raising enough to buy TUFC from GI/Liquidator.
- TUST now have full day to day control of TUFC.

Hurrah!! I hear so many saying -"we are saved", "the ground is safe", "those asset strippers have been defeated" , "err.....who is going to run the business on a day to day basis?" "how are we going to fund the ongoing running costs for the next x number of years?"

This is a doomsday scenario and exaggerated, but I have yet to read a credible future plan, if sufficient funds could be raised to buy the ground, to maintain a functioning football club business.

Before I get the inevitable slating for "not caring" I have supported this club for over 40 years and have no wish to watch it disappear down the toilet, but there has to be a plan to keep the club alive for more than the immediate future.

I am not convinced that the GI model will be successful and am not suggesting that I support their intentions, but who amongst the Plainmoor Defence Unit have considered the financial implications of owning the club? We have seen the folly of saving the club from Admin without a credible tested financial plan for the long term - i.e. longer than the next season.
GullatPlainmoor
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by GullatPlainmoor »

Posted by Gloomygull
It is not a case of "being bothered", but before I add my support to something like this I need someone to please explain, (without hysterical rhetoric about how GI are only asset strippers and have left other sports clubs in the wilderness etc.etc.etc,) how looking to either block GI or force a change of direction from completing their business plan will secure the FUTURE of Torquay United football.

If GI, who are business men first, can only see resistance to any change and indeed their ownership of the football business - with their first real experience of their new customers being a concerted effort to block their preferred way forward for their new business, would they:

b) Consider that the fans, who form a high percentage of their future customer base, are the sort of customers they would want to do ongoing business with ?
c) Take the view that the initial investment has gone bad and just leave it to wither and die on the vine, accepting that will result in a loss to their business ?

Now ..... Let's assume that the petition is successful and it is the day after the decision has been made by the council and any purchase of Plainmoor has been refused and GI have chosen to turn their back on their investment. What are the immediate actions/plans for a secure future for TUFC.

- The first steps to a members voluntary liquidation are taken by the shareholders of Riviera.
- The Council do not receive any rent payments - how long are they prepared to allow the ground to be used rent free?

Hurrah!! I hear so many saying -"we are saved", "the ground is safe", "those asset strippers have been defeated" , "err.....who is going to run the business on a day to day basis?" "how are we going to fund the ongoing running costs for the next x number of years?"

This is a doomsday scenario and exaggerated, but I have yet to read a credible future plan, if sufficient funds could be raised to buy the ground, to maintain a functioning football club business.

Before I get the inevitable slating for "not caring" I have supported this club for over 40 years and have no wish to watch it disappear down the toilet, but there has to be a plan to keep the club alive for more than the immediate future.

I am not convinced that the GI model will be successful and am not suggesting that I support their intentions, but who amongst the Plainmoor Defence Unit have considered the financial implications of owning the club? We have seen the folly of saving the club from Admin without a credible tested financial plan for the long term - i.e. longer than the next season.
:goodpost: TUST have good intentions but I have seen no proof of their financial acumen or more importantly, a feasible, credible plan to fund the club on an ongoing basis. Working with GI is the only viable strategy at the moment until the 'White Knight' with sack fulls of spare cash arrives :Oops: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Check out TUST agenda for the forthcoming meeting with GI. Seems sensible.
TUST number 080
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Gloomy Gull wrote: 16 Jan 2017, 22:33 It is not a case of "being bothered", but before I add my support to something like this I need someone to please explain, (without hysterical rhetoric about how GI are only asset strippers and have left other sports clubs in the wilderness etc.etc.etc,) how looking to either block GI or force a change of direction from completing their business plan will secure the FUTURE of Torquay United football.

Now ..... Let's assume that the petition is successful and it is the day after the decision has been made by the council and any purchase of Plainmoor has been refused and GI has chosen to turn their back on their investment. What are the immediate actions/plans for a secure future for TUFC.

This is a doomsday scenario and exaggerated, but I have yet to read a credible future plan if sufficient funds could be raised to buy the ground, to maintain a functioning football club business.

I can't believe you asked this question. have you been away for a long time? There have been so many people on here and so many links to actual articles from Swindon. Poole. Reading. Me (Bristol Rovers) Hereford and more. Everywhere they have been involved nothing has actually been built yet or at all.
In Reading, they forced the speedway club out and demolished the stadium. built homes on it and then disappeared. Speedway club is no more.

In Hereford, they got that International Businessman of repute.(disrepute more like) involved and Hereford went bankrupt.

At Bristol Rovers, they owned the Stadium. There was a very suspicious fire. the stadium never got a new stand to replace what was burnt down. the Council reduced the capacity down by 60% and Rovers Lost an enormous amount of money as a result. They then had Bristol Stadium Limited give them a short lease which at the end ended up having yet another huge hike I rent which forced Rovers out. I was working for Rovers at the time. Then they Then sold the site for development. having stripped the site of a tenant which would have stopped their plans.

In Poole, they have the operating rights to the stadium, have put in plans for the new stadium which has been ongoing for at least 20 years but nothing has actualy happened. the Council has been a little more staunch in making sure that there is no delay to the sports seasons.

Hereford Fans hold Clark Osborne responsible for the folding of the football club. Nuff said there.

The MIlton Keynes bowl has been leased to GI and despite plans for future developments. Investors have dropped out.(2013) it seems no one has any confidence in the development.

So broken promise after Broken promise. assets stripped from Bristol to enable them to sell. Reading decimated. what more do you need.

I wouldnt trust Gaming international as far as i could throw them. until they actualy achieve something here with the football club as benificiary and no strings I will never trust them.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Excellent reminder to anyone who is falling for this very predictable initial period of lying low and waiting for the initial storm to settle down. History doesn't lie. There is a grand plan guys and girls and that does not involve a professional football club.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

standupsitdown wrote: 16 Jan 2017, 19:15 Very disappointing. I don't live in the Bay but have emailed all the councillors on the committee, the mayor & council. Received a reply from the Council -

I have been asked to respond to your email below. Please be advised that your concerns have been recorded and furthermore I am due to meet with representatives of the Torquay United Supporters Trust tomorrow.

Regards

Kevin Mowat
Executive Head of Business Services
Torbay Council
I expect over half are pensioners and have not got computors. How else would they know people should have forms to fill in at games.
oldcommsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldcommsboy »

Signed - now 169.

Chris
Chris
TUST member 479
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Clarke Osborne was a director when Rovers lost their stadium. ASK HIM!
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Glostergull wrote: 17 Jan 2017, 20:00 I can't believe you asked this question. have you been away for a long time? There have been so many people on here and so many links to actual articles from Swindon. Poole. Reading. Me (Bristol Rovers) Hereford and more. Everywhere they have been involved nothing has actually been built yet or at all.
In Reading, they forced the speedway club out and demolished the stadium. built homes on it and then disappeared. Speedway club is no more.

In Hereford, they got that International Businessman of repute.(disrepute more like) involved and Hereford went bankrupt.

At Bristol Rovers, they owned the Stadium. There was a very suspicious fire. the stadium never got a new stand to replace what was burnt down. the Council reduced the capacity down by 60% and Rovers Lost an enormous amount of money as a result. They then had Bristol Stadium Limited give them a short lease which at the end ended up having yet another huge hike I rent which forced Rovers out. I was working for Rovers at the time. Then they Then sold the site for development. having stripped the site of a tenant which would have stopped their plans.

In Poole, they have the operating rights to the stadium, have put in plans for the new stadium which has been ongoing for at least 20 years but nothing has actualy happened. the Council has been a little more staunch in making sure that there is no delay to the sports seasons.

Hereford Fans hold Clark Osborne responsible for the folding of the football club. Nuff said there.

The MIlton Keynes bowl has been leased to GI and despite plans for future developments. Investors have dropped out.(2013) it seems no one has any confidence in the development.

So broken promise after Broken promise. assets stripped from Bristol to enable them to sell. Reading decimated. what more do you need.

I wouldnt trust Gaming international as far as i could throw them. until they actualy achieve something here with the football club as benificiary and no strings I will never trust them.
:goodpost: The petition is about trying to make sure that Torquay is not added to the list.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Gloster - there was no question! It was a statement.

My questions revolved around does this club will have a credible financial future with or without Plainmoor. We are constantly reminded "there is no money".

So unless I am completely missing the point, the current income generating ability of the club is insufficient to cover the outgoings incurred?

Ergo - without external cash the club cannot continue to trade?

If the club is unable to generate sufficient income to fund its running costs, and that is after we have been repeatedly reminded that the playing budget is minimal, what is the credible financial long term plan to allow the club to continue to trade. Potentially, before any cash injection from GI the club was trading insolvently and probably, if taking on additional credit during that period, illegally!

If you read my post you will note that I do not support the GI model. I was trying to ask the question - if GI are blocked and their plans to strip the club are foiled........ HOW does the club continue to survive financially over a period longer than the next season.

From the comments made on this forum it would seem that whatever happens the club is doomed.

GI want to close the football club.......TUFC cannot survive financially on its own. Does stopping GI in their tracks help the club financially? I am willing someone to provide a case that proves we can "go it alone".

The end is nigh!!!!
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Gloomy Gull wrote: 17 Jan 2017, 23:12 ...if GI are blocked and their plans to strip the club are foiled........

...then we still have a club.

"HOW does the club continue to survive financially over a period longer than the next season."

TUST? Peter Masters? TUST & Peter Masters? White Knight? GI might change their spots but if not and they are allowed to buy Plainmoor or strip the club then you are right, there will be no more TUFC.

The petition runs until Friday, not sure what time but if you are thinking of signing then best do it in the next couple of days.

COYY! :scarf: