Nathan Blissett MOM today.. Gone tomorrow?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

What club who gets new owners to financially secure the club who then sells their best centre forward, 26 years old.....for £15,000. As if there aren't enough alarm bells ringing already.

There is literally not another club in the top 5 divisions who would sell any first team player never mind a key player and striker for such a pitiful embarrassing amount of money.

Shambolic again.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Dissagree. Nicho has made it clear he will not stand in the way of any player who comes to the Club gives his all and then gets the chance to play at a higher level.
Good luck to Bliss a model pro who was crucial to our great escape.

royalgull please dont overlook that the reputation of our Club because of Nicho is growing by the day.

It quickly gets noticed when a Club like Torquay is spoken of highly by Premier League Managers . eg Tony Pulis at WBA.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Just don't agree with you any director who agrees to this kind of money does not have an interest in the club. It's a case of Plymouth taking advantage of a struggling club. Nicho was in no position to turn it down but I expect G.I. Made the decision not Nicho.

I expect Pulis is wondering why Ward has not played!
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Its a pitiful deal. Try to surmise and defend it as some supporters will in reality we as supporters are being treated like absolute dirt. No comment from the club as to the thinking behind the deal- in fact no meaningful comment from the club for weeks. Argyle as well should hang their heads in shame. They who will earn 500k due to the luck of their draw in the FA Cup have literally stolen our centre forward and left pin money behind. It's difficult to know who are the bigger asset strippers GI, Argyle or what remains of our Board. It's all totally inexplicable - a fact clearly recognised by those supposedly running the club because no one says anything. It is undeniably an utter new low in the history of the club.
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

We paid nothing for him last season, his contract is up at end of year(ithink) so what figure do you think we should get?. Im guessing there are sell on fees.

I think one or two are being a little unfair on plymouth they have been very good to us both club and supporters over the last year or two.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Disagree Dazza. If you read the OS there is a long piece from Kevin Nicholson about the Bliss transfer to Argyle.

Remember in 4 months time Bliss would be out of contract in terms of playing.

The fee is "undisclosed" so no one on this Forum can be certain what the actual fee is but if it reaches £30,000 then I can see why the Club did the deal..

If Bliss had scored 20 goals this season, he has in fact scored just 4 goals, then I would agree with you.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

portugull wrote:Disagree Dazza. If you read the OS there is a long piece from Kevin Nicholson about the Bliss transfer to Argyle.

Remember in 4 months time Bliss would be out of contract in terms of playing.

The fee is "undisclosed" so no one on this Forum can be certain what the actual fee is but if it reaches £30,000 then I can see why the Club did the deal..

If Bliss had scored 20 goals this season, he has in fact scored just 4 goals, then I would agree with you.
I totally agree with Portugull on this one. I really don't see any point in keeping Bliss if he wants to leave (and I assume he does). If we eventually get 30k, I think that isn't a bad deal for someone out of contract in 4-5 months. There is no point in having an unhappy player. Also, its not as if Bliss is banging the goals in.

Remember - we scored 5 goals last week without him in what appeared to me a much better system. I think Harrad will be totally committed and will be better suited to the players we have.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Harrad has scored two goals for Wrexham and was it three for us last season ? . He is talented ,has a good football brain , but is painfully slow. We have currently two good crossers of the ball but Harrod is not a natural centre forward. We have just 'sold' him.

We are supposedly nearly broke but we see fit to virtually give away a player who the manager describes as doing the work of two or three men. Sorry by all means look for the pluses in all this but really there are none. Nicholson is right in a lot of what he says and of course no one wants to stop Blissett bettering himself. However let somebody run the club commercially. Privately Nicho will be tearing his remaining hairs out.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Do you want me to be grateful to them now. ?

They have just been given 5 m illion by a fan. They are back as arrogant Argyle.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Do you want me to be grateful to them now. ?

They have just been given 5 m illion by a fan. They are back as arrogant Argyle.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Dazza wrote:Its a pitiful deal. Try to surmise and defend it as some supporters will in reality we as supporters are being treated like absolute dirt. No comment from the club as to the thinking behind the deal- in fact no meaningful comment from the club for weeks. Argyle as well should hang their heads in shame. They who will earn 500k due to the luck of their draw in the FA Cup have literally stolen our centre forward and left pin money behind. It's difficult to know who are the bigger asset strippers GI, Argyle or what remains of our Board. It's all totally inexplicable - a fact clearly recognised by those supposedly running the club because no one says anything. It is undeniably an utter new low in the history of the club.
As you said there seems to be no official Directors at the moment so I expect Osborne is calling the shots. I see he's from Bristol. Loads of interest in our club. WHATS HAPPENED TO THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE. :)
Last edited by arcadia on 05 Jan 2017, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Dazza wrote:Harrad has scored two goals for Wrexham and was it three for us last season ? . He is talented ,has a good football brain , but is painfully slow. We have currently two good crossers of the ball but Harrod is not a natural centre forward. We have just 'sold' him.

We are supposedly nearly broke but we see fit to virtually give away a player who the manager describes as doing the work of two or three men. Sorry by all means look for the pluses in all this but really there are none. Nicholson is right in a lot of what he says and of course no one wants to stop Blissett bettering himself. However let somebody run the club commercially. Privately Nicho will be tearing his remaining hairs out.
He probably went home tonight sobbing as he went in the front door telling his wife, "you'll never believe what's happened now" !
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Plymouth have taken advantage of us here. Well done to those who negotiated this deal.

The fee involved in pitiful.

£15,000, possibly rising to £30,000, on how many conditions.. Whoop-de-doo.

An embarrassing deal on TUFC's behalf. 6 months left on his contract or not, he's a striker & just joined a team looking to gain promotion into league one.

All the best Nathan, welcome back SH.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You cannot blame Plymouth at all - Given that we will virtually take anything for anybody, then what do we expect? - yes its galling that they are earning 500k from their cup run but they got the luck - as we never get anywhere near the first round(let alone the third) then we can hardly bemoan that either.

Good luck to Plymouth - they were on the bones of their arse not so long ago, but have recovered well.

Blissett is a good pro, sure he can look like Bambi on ice at times and he hasn't scored many this season. I still like him as a player though, gives his all, and a right handful.

If the new owners were serious about the football club then he would be the sort of player I would be trying to secure for next season but we all know that they don't give a flying **** about the team.

Harrad as a replacement is basically a god awful signing - decent enough player in his time, but his legs had gone last season. Probably the fact that he is driving to home games from god knows where isn't going to help his legs either.

You can't make a comparison between Blissett and Harrad - ones a handicapper with plenty of miles left in his legs, the other one is an old nag ready for the knackers yard.

I will give Nicholson credit - how he manages this club under the constraints imposed on him, well you have to give him so credit really.