Nathan Blissett MOM today.. Gone tomorrow?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Nathan Blissett MOM today.. Gone tomorrow?

Post by CraigUnder »

Merse on BTPIR has it from his 'contact' that Bliss has definitely been sold to an EFL club and will make his debut on 2nd Jan.. If this is the case who will Nicho get in to replaced him?

More importantly, who will start on NYD against FGR as I'm sure Reid played his last game for us today on his current loan deal and no sign of McCoulsky?

Hectic few days ahead!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

In the past we've had to sell, of necessity, any player who began to look half decent, in order to keep the club's finances on an even keel. But if that's going to continue to be the policy under the new owners, then there's no way we're ever going to get promotion out of this league! :(
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its impossible to see how we could get rid of Blissett seeing that we have precisely the sum total of nothing else up front. As Moore played for FGR today we won't be getting him.

New owners and we sell our main striker - that's a feckin great marker to send out. Brent Pilnick said during the coomentary that GI were refusing to talk to the press. Think its obvious where this is all going.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

The problem with this post is that if the story is true then whats happened is that a club from the football league has come knocking. so we can't sit there pontificating that Nathan has a chance to shine in a higher league. we never criticed when Angus was sold to a league club. are we now going to moan because Nathan has a chance. if we said no, then in all likelihood he would play with only half a heart because we have stopped his ambitions. let him go. trust Kevin. he can get someone in. after all its not as if Nathan was scoring that regularly was it.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sold to an efl club, who would be that stupid! That's a better joke than the ones in my festive crackers.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

While money is always a major consideration, it's not always just about money. Other factors also play a part, such as which club can ultimately provide the better career progression and, not least, loyalty. Yes, KN can always find replacements, but unless GI provides sufficient investment, at least in the short term, to sign better players and even retain our best players (whether home-grown or otherwise), then KN's chances of building a promotion-winning squad will be minimal. Or perhaps promotion is to feature in year five of their five-year plan?
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Very strange timing. If he had been knocking in goals for fun I would have been more concerned but he hasn't. Suspect he will be there at FGR
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

If the club are able to get money for him then its a no brainer, he has to go. Bliss has been average at best this season. KN was talking after the match about his work rate. Thinking about it now, he's talking him up to try and get more money. Bliss didn't work hard at all, he allowed them to play the ball out of defence time and again. I for one wont be sorry to see him go.
Obviously it leaves us very short, especially if Reid has played his last game also. But at least we won't have to wait long to find out what the new boards intensions are!!
Goody2514
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Goody2514 »

Think it would be silly to let him go, regardless of the cash if no replacement is lined up? Kieffer Moore played like he was still a yellow yesterday, maybe he wants to come back!! How do we find out about Reid? ASother player who if we loose we need to replace, proved yesterday he can provide us with another option.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Maybe it's Newport County; if so, he'll be back in the Conference - sorry, National League - sharpish.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

How reliable is Merse?

Blissett has not been a prolific scorer. He is not an instinctive striker in the way that Kieffer Moore is. He's one footed and always seems to have the ball under his feet or his legs in a twist.

If he's going, KN will be sensible enough to keep him until he's got a replacement and if that's Kieffer Moore later in Jan I'd say that was trading up.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I'm pretty sure that Reid and Ward are here until 4th January, so we have the FGR away game before we need to extend or replace them.

I really rate Blissett, and I think yesterday was an example of him at his best, but getting a move upwards after 4 goals this season is quite strange. I can't see anyone paying a fee for him now when this last summer he'd scored 8 in 16(1) and no-one made a better offer than we did when he was free.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

We've just had a great win & already the mood is soured.

Can't we just enjoy this win for a few days. :-/

Christ.

If he goes, he goes. It's just the count down until it happens, is that supposed to be exciting?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

gullpower wrote:How reliable is Merse?

Blissett has not been a prolific scorer. He is not an instinctive striker in the way that Kieffer Moore is. He's one footed and always seems to have the ball under his feet or his legs in a twist.

If he's going, KN will be sensible enough to keep him until he's got a replacement and if that's Kieffer Moore later in Jan I'd say that was trading up.
On this occasion, he is reliable but as always, he's MILES behind the zeitgeist.

You lot'll fall about when you find out where he's going.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"