Nathan Blissett MOM today.. Gone tomorrow?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

We've managed to sell a striker whose contract was up at the end of the season and has managed to score a whopping 4 goals this season. Calm down guys, this really isn't the end of the world.
Alternatively, we've sold one of our better players to a team in a higher division, again. More evidence of the great job Nicho is doing for us.

Edit: And as far as I can see, all mention of fees has so far been pure supposition - for all we know Argyle have paid us one meeellion pounds (or more realistically it's about £15k-£20k rising to three or four times that depending on performances and maybe a cut of any future fee too.)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Parkys People wrote:Plymouth have taken advantage of us here. Well done to those who negotiated this deal.

The fee involved in pitiful.

£15,000, possibly rising to £30,000, on how many conditions.. Whoop-de-doo.
The fee involved is based (as always) on the purchasor's (not the vendor's) value of him and the terms of contract he's been employed on (he's worth nothing after the very last game of the season) that can include 'trigger' valuation, consent to speak to clubs of a certain status ~ indeed anything that the player and his agent insisted on at the time of him putting pen to paper for Torquay United.

As a parent who has taken a very hands on interest in his own son's professional football aspirations, and who has worked on behalf of numerous other aspiring young players; I would not have let my son ~ if he were Nathan's age ~ sign for Torquay United without those clauses in place on his contract.

The club ~ indeed any club ~ cannot be fairly castigated for under selling a player without specific knowledge of exactly what sort of contract that player has been on.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

I see Argyle signed another striker from Oxford today. Any chance of Blissett coming back on loan?!! :scarf:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

IanGull01 wrote: 30 Jan 2017, 17:53 I see Argyle signed another striker from Oxford today. Any chance of Blissett coming back on loan?!! :scarf:
Who can blame Plymouth splashing a bit of cash on players, they hit the jackpot the other week.no chance would blissett return.
Lucy
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Plymouth Argyle, Exeter City (a few years ago), Sutton and Lincoln City (last weekend), plus a number of others, all benefitted from good cup runs and jackpots from playing Premier League teams. Torquay United? Ha ha.. You'd have to go back to the Paul Buckle days, methinks. But keep the faith; the good times will return.. :)
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Is Blissett injured? He doesn't appear to be in the GAWS squad at the moment.
Really frustrates me that Moore isn't getting any game time either at Ipswich!
Our position in the table might have been a lot healthier had either of these two still been here...
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

It looks like he was a 6 week bench filler until Jimmy Spencer got fit again, thats who replaced him on Saturday
I always felt Nathan had a lot more to give, the only time I really saw him pull his finger out was when he lost his place to Moore and came on for two 20 minute spells when he played out of his skin
How the other half live, 15 rising to 30k was it? for a player who is not sure of making the bench !
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Scored his first goal for Argyle, coming off the bench.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Almost certainly the fee he went for was the trigger fee entered into his contract at his own and agent's insistance with United which was all Argyle would have needed to offer to force United to accept it and I was told that was £20,000.

That is quite normal in players' contracts these days when the employing club want the player more than the player necessarily wants to join the employing club ~ it's how the player safeguards his ability to improve himself if the opportunity comes along and you can't blame him for doing that
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

http://m.plymouthherald.co.uk/plymouth- ... story.html

Apparently NB was not fit enough, coming from non league.

I wonder if Adams would pass over his training program for our professionals to review. 😉
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I thought Nicho said we were going to be the fittest team in the league this season ? Well we are not in the National
League and obviously well below League 2 standards if Blissett admits he was not fit enough. All this gym and
weights training doesnt seem to be the answer, like to know what Nicho thinks about this
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

desperado wrote: 16 Mar 2017, 19:30 I thought Nicho said we were going to be the fittest team in the league this season ? Well we are not in the National
League and obviously well below League 2 standards if Blissett admits he was not fit enough. All this gym and
weights training doesnt seem to be the answer, like to know what Nicho thinks about this
Fair point, but equally if blissett knew he wasn't fit, as a professional footballer he should have made himself fitter. You could argue that blaming fitness is a decoy from the fact he is not good enough for league 2, rovers got rid of him when they where in league 2. Trust me this is not a dig at Nathan.
Lucy
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

IanGull01 wrote: 30 Jan 2017, 17:53 I see Argyle signed another striker from Oxford today. Any chance of Blissett coming back on loan?!! :scarf:
If I was Nicholson, I'd be making that phone call.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic. ... 0&t=100505
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.