Turning up on Boxing Day!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUFC2016

Turning up on Boxing Day!

Post by TUFC2016 »

i've seen some posts on here and the facebook group either asking to boycott the game on Boxing day or protest outside whilst the game occurs, something which i'm sure will achieve nothing.

Nicholson, quietly, has been getting on with his job and even trying to raise more £ it seems to keep us going, the one thing he'd want more than anything is for a decent noisy crowd to cheer the lads on.

Whatever your oppinion is on GI - by all means protest/sound off before & after the game but for the 90mins lets get behind the team, another 4-1 wouldnt go a miss!

:scarf: :scarf:

finally, once again hats off to Thea Bristow who's kept her interest and still turning out in the directors box despite the sham thats taken her place.

COYY!!!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

:goodpost: Absolutely agree. Whatever one thinks of events this year and the decisions/actions of the current/previous board and the new owners (and I believe the new owners should at least be given the chance to make the club a success both commercially and on the field of play), it's still our team, our manager, and our Torquay United. So we should all turn up on Boxing Day and give them our full support. Let's not waste our energies on negative emotional outbursts. Life's too short.
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

To protest is one persons right, but to protest your thoughts by not actually going is not beneficial to the club.
Lucy
furmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Aggy

Post by furmax »

I wont be. Lied to and treated like a muppet. I need to be won back. Not turning up to your own press conference or showing any real interest...ever.... means I do the same from now. Players fund withdrawn. After all if their intentions are true then this £25 a month wont cause an issue. 400 mile round trip on a key holiday day? That'll stick in the back of the throat. Already paid for season tickets x2 so no gate money lost.
Like others I will wait and see what the new regime has to offer and go from there. Its just my opening stance is distrust because that is all they have earned so far.....
A poster previously know as furzehamgull. @furmax
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I would turn up on fixing day if i could get there. if anyone is going and has a spare seat I would gladly share cost and come and support the boys. come on you yellows. Helping Kevin achieve success is more important than trying to score points over a bunch of muppets who have taken over. We may well lose but its the thought and action that counts. we have plenty of time and other ways of making our point.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not denying anyone's right to an opinion, or right to protest, make a decision an Individual wants to make, however, if we decide to protest, who are we protesting against ?, what are we protesting for ?

As for people still protesting against G.I for not turning up to their own press conference, come on, thought we'd sorted that one, Monday G.I didn't at that point own the club, so had no choice but delay such a press conference, they can't turn up on Monday to talk about something they don't own.

As of yet, G.I not told any proven lies, so again what are we protesting against, they've as of yet have done nothing to damage our club, so again what are we protesting about.

The very fact G.I are talking about installing local people, which may turn out to be people us fans know and trust, that can't be a bad thing, surely ? I agree with the sentiment expressed by some others, yes we all know their reputation, so be cautious, be vigilant, but our new owners deserve a chance to prove themselves, and building up trust is a two way thing.

So get down to the ground Monday, and show our new owners just how much we do care about our club, stay away, protesting does not prove that one bit.
Formerly known as forevertufc
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

I'll be there. A boycott/protest to my mind only hurts the club. Nicho and the lads deserve our support.

Yes, GI have a checkered history but surely they deserve a chance to prove themselves? Boycotts are hardly going to endear them to the fan base. They've released a press statement outlining their plans containing many of the things we've been calling for (including fan representation at board level). For pity's sake the outgoing board never gave us any communication or involvement.

Actions speak louder than words and it is on actions I will judge them.

Torquay 'till I die anyone?
Last edited by DevonYellow on 23 Dec 2016, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

forevertufc wrote:Not denying anyone's right to an opinion, or right to protest, make a decision an Individual wants to make, however, if we decide to protest, who are we protesting against ?, what are we protesting for ?

As for people still protesting against G.I for not turning up to their own press conference, come on, thought we'd sorted that one, Monday G.I didn't at that point own the club, so had no choice but delay such a press conference, they can't turn up on Monday to talk about something they don't own.

As of yet, G.I not told any proven lies, so again what are we protesting against, they've as of yet have done nothing to damage our club, so again what are we protesting about.

The very fact G.I are talking about installing local people, which may turn out to be people us fans know and trust, that can't be a bad thing, surely ? I agree with the sentiment expressed by some others, yes we all know their reputation, so be cautious, be vigilant, but our new owners deserve a chance to prove themselves, and building up trust is a two way thing.

So get down to the ground Monday, and show our new owners just how much we do care about our club, stay away, protesting does not prove that one bit.
+1

:goodpost:
GullatPlainmoor
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by GullatPlainmoor »

postby forevertufc »

Not denying anyone's right to an opinion, or right to protest, make a decision an Individual wants to make, however, if we decide to protest, who are we protesting against ?, what are we protesting for ?

:goodpost:

....and they have saved us from administration,at the moment and then almost certain relegation from that!
We are offered hope now, be positive, building up trust IS a two way thing and then lets judge them by their actions.
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

People can do what they want. For my part I'm happier now than a week ago when I thought administration. We would then have been finished. I was impressed by Clark Osborne statement. We will now see what happens. But until I see proof of GI taking us for a ride for there own benefit and detriment to the club then I feel the best we can all do is pull together and get 100% behind the team. To ensure safety from relegation.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Like Edmund falling for the Turkish Delight in Narnia, falling for one nicely worded interview, with a compliant local reporter, an interview totally devoid of any detail - just vague sentiment - is folly. Supporters take their eye off the ball at their peril. Just remember, these property developers are here because they want our ground NOT because they want to lead TUFC to promotion. TUFC is a means to an end and people shouldn't be fooled.
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

hector wrote:Like Edmund falling for the Turkish Delight in Narnia, falling for one nicely worded interview, with a compliant local reporter, an interview totally devoid of any detail - just vague sentiment - is folly. Supporters take their eye off the ball at their peril. Just remember, these property developers are here because they want our ground NOT because they want to lead TUFC to promotion. TUFC is a means to an end and people shouldn't be fooled.
Yes but it's all about there actions.until I see any different they have my support. Don't see what good it does protesting or staying away. They are here now and that usnt going to change anytime soon
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

hector wrote:Like Edmund falling for the Turkish Delight in Narnia, falling for one nicely worded interview, with a compliant local reporter, an interview totally devoid of any detail - just vague sentiment - is folly. Supporters take their eye off the ball at their peril. Just remember, these property developers are here because they want our ground NOT because they want to lead TUFC to promotion. TUFC is a means to an end and people shouldn't be fooled.
Correct. But in this case boycotting would just play into their hands. If they are as badly intentioned as you think, then falling crowds would see them rubbing their hands with glee as they would be able to say no one cared.

Most of us have already paid anyway, so I actually think that turning up in force and showing them that their are literally thousands of people who give a shit is more effective. The a ount of money we pull in through the gate will hardly line their pockets, and the leas money they have to put in to prop us up the longer it would be before we get forced out of business, giving more time for any other interested groups (TUST) to form an adequate response.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

But where is the EVIDENCE that the new owners are going to 'dispose' of our club?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

There isn't any evidence to suggest the new owners are going to 'dispose' of our club. no body is Like Edmund falling for the Turkish Delight in Narnia, and to honest here its getting BEYOND boring constantly having to post, post, post and re-post, we ALL know the reputation of G.I, peoples concerns are justified. All some are saying is give them a chance.

Those who top coin a phrase posted by someone else, who've allowed them selves to be swept away on this wave of hysteria, are driving themselves at 100MPH straight into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Three months down the line when there's 800 in the ground, and 1200 staying away or protesting, what does anyone think the next action of our new owners will be ? No, no, no they wont say, ok, you fans really do care about your club, so we're going to guarantee the future of Plainmoor and here's £10 million investment into the club.

What they'll do, is what any hardened business would do, except they'd made a bad business decision, recoup as much of their losses, write of the rest, cut and run. Then us fans really will have been proved right by our own actions, principles never put food on the table, it's beyond me how anyone can not see how withdrawing your support is futile and lead to one ending.
Formerly known as forevertufc