Gaming International have taken our club hostage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:Re the Chinese investors....

Here's a link re Layla Jenkins and the SL Organisation.

http://www.slonline.org
Just for balance -

The company is named at the foot of the online form as S & L Organisation Private Limited based in Truro. There is no registration of a Limited Company under that name at Companies House.

In her blog she claims to be Company Director of S&L Organisation Limited. No record of that company at Companies House either, but there is a Slorganisation Ltd...... https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10431528

Lady with the same name is director of that company. Address in Calne. Incorporated in October 2017. Doesn't look overly encouraging. I google mapped the company registered address - looked like a piece of ground with no buildings, next door to Calne Fire station.

Would her "Investors" have been a better option than G I - who are traceable?? :|
Last edited by Gloomy Gull on 21 Dec 2016, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

At least, so far, we have heard from GI and it sounds encouraging (not that I'd expect any other statement from them at this stage to sound anything but).

But talk is cheap. The timing of GI gives the perfect opportunity to show whether their intentions are legitimate. January transfer window coming up gives them the chance to invest - not asking for 6-figure sums to be splashed around but some investment in the playing squad is needed. If there is no action, then it leans you towards the fear of them limping the club along on the lowest level of investment possible.

Not sure what to make of "Chinese investor" stories, some of the excellent investigative work done by those on here (Dave Thomas take note) makes it look a little shady.

Any foreign investment in a lower league club raises eyebrows. Just read this about Morecambe's current plight.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38392407
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Normally I'm a darksider - like good old brucie - but this time I'm prepared to go along with the 'let's wait and see' brigade. One needs evidence before making decisions.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

What we are missing is that we are Riviera Stadium Limited not G.I. is that something we've got to worry about how long they will prop up Torquay United as we don't make money.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Jeff wrote:
But talk is cheap. The timing of GI gives the perfect opportunity to show whether their intentions are legitimate. January transfer window coming up gives them the chance to invest - not asking for 6-figure sums to be splashed around but some investment in the playing squad is needed. If there is no action, then it leans you towards the fear of them limping the club along on the lowest level of investment possible.
There is no transfer window in the National League.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Gloomy Gull wrote: Just for balance -

The company is named at the foot of the online form as S & L Organisation Private Limited based in Truro. There is no registration of a Limited Company under that name at Companies House.

In her blog she claims to be Company Director of S&L Organisation Limited. No record of that company at Companies House either, but there is a Slorganisation Ltd...... https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10431528

Lady with the same name is director of that company. Address in Calne. Incorporated in October 2017. Doesn't look overly encouraging. I google mapped the company registered address - looked like a piece of ground with no buildings, next door to Calne Fire station.

Would her "Investors" have been a better option than G I - who are traceable?? :|
Calne is near Swindon. Now it could just be coincidence that said lady is associated with two similarly named companies, one based in Truro and one in Swindon, but the Truro address given on the website looks like an accommodation address.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Just googled 'Layla Jenkins' and a LinkedIn profile comes up, with the same photo as on the website of S&L organisation. Says she works at the NHS and owns her own company 'Layla's gifts' but nothing about S&L?
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Swindon and Truro? Nope, no idea who is based in either of those towns!!

Oh well. It won't be the first or last we read stuff that may or may not be true on our current journey.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Obviously I don't have a clue about the Chinese group but according to the S&L website Layla Jenkins "has many years of hands on experience in child care and education starting from nursery to secondary level" According to Companies House she is 34 years old and British and is the sole director of SLOrganisation - coupled with all of that is the level of written English ability we have seen on this site and I would say, without wishing to be too harsh, that S&L or whatever they are called could do with some more relevant experience in the boardroom before trying to broker deals like this. I am not surprised that Philips chose GI instead if these were the only other alternative.
With the press release and HE report I am thus far relatively happy with what is happening.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

arcadia wrote:Anyone thinking that they are going to get a lovely new ground think again Clevedon sold Teignmouth Road for a new ground ten years on they don't own it and can't use the dressing rooms. We don't own a ground now how are we going to pay for it we will end up renting it from the owners.

Five years on is to far ahead we can't manage this club one year ahead as things change in football every day. We need to know what's happening straight away before it's to late. Remember all the volunteers working for the club would have to travel to the new ground before they can help.
That's just it. We had previously not had a long term plan. That's why we are in the mess we find ourselves. Any large/successful business plans ahead, it may be Christmas but many companies will now be planning for next year, as Christmas would have been planned in the summer. Hopefully a long term vision will extinguish the current fire fighting at the club we see on a day to day basis
Lucy
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I hope your right!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Can't begrudge anyone a bit of hope with how it has been. Whether hope turns into something real or not or is preyed upon for another's end or any other possibility is for another day now. It's not good for the health to worry about their aims every day. I'm hoping to take a break from that worry soon, as I have hoped for GI's promises to come true before. Thank God there's a few games of football soon.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

arcadia wrote:I hope your right!
I'm hoping.
Lucy
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Before the take over I was fearing we would be out of business before the summer, things had got that bad. While I am concerned about some of the things that have been said about GI, I really do believe we will still have a club in two or three years time at least.
To be quite frank this is the most optimistic I have felt since the relegation.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Layla gets a Yay from me ;-)
Im sorry to disagree with you on this one dave. I agree on most of the things you say but having looked at their web site and i mean all of it there is something that doesn't sit right with me.
Ive retired now after 27 years of Business and this web site looks a little amateurish for an organisation that says its involved with linking Chinese investors with businesses over here. The relevant CV being quoted doesn't fit with what they are claiming. I wonder what sort of things can be found out about them beyond this web site. its just too bare. the people involved don't look as if they are old enough to have had enough experience. and believe me Ive been involved with enough companies like this over the years.
Have they really been the force behind these Chinese investors and what influence have they had. what other businesses have they been involved with and where are the real testimomies. most can't wait to shout it from the roof tops. All I see is anonymous ones.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843