Gaming International have taken our club hostage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Glostergull wrote: And just what was the best thing before sliced bread !
Unsliced bread.
Obviously.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

gullpower wrote:The key to saving the Club would seem to be protecting Plainmoor from development by GI.

We need to make a shitstorm of noise to let the powers that be now that they cannot operate under the radar. We need to let them know we're out there.

I have written to both of my councillors (both of whom replied positively - although one is Adrian Sanders), the Mayor Gordon-Secret-Meeting-Oliver! and Kevin Foster MP (who have yet to reply).

It would be the best Christmas present if it turned out that GI had bought TUFC with their best interests in mind and with the aim of taking them into the first division but with their track record and the shenanigans so far I can't see it happening.
Update:
I received a reply to my letter today from Kevin Foster MP. He had a good knowledge of "the situation" and is very supportive of the club.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

If you could cover his response on the other thread about the ground it might help going forward.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

GI and Bill Phillips .. what a duo!!! As they used to say in Dads Army - 'we are all doomed' .